Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Lingo

deletedaccount2

I've noticed over the years that many people don't use "brony lingo" as much as they used to. This is most likely due to the fact that we've been around for 5 years, and what was thought as hip and cool to say 3 years ago isn't so anymore.

Take Dashies 20% cooler line for example. I remember Bronies quoting her all day everyday back in 2012, but if you bring it up now it's considered annoying and cringe inducing. Imo, It's pretty rare to see someone unintentionally use "somepony, anypony, and everypony" nowadays. Just my own 2 cents  -_-. 

• Brohoof 1

A lot of it just makes me roll my eyes, like "plot" or "clop". Admittedly I use "plot" quite a bit when tagging on, say, Derpibooru.

I also prefer not to (not saying refuse to) use phrases like "everypony" or "lend a hoof" in non-pony contexts, including these forums. It just sounds weird; I think those phrases are best used only in the ponyverse.

Edited by PGNatsu

I absolutely detest the word 'everypony', both in-universe and out of it. It's entirely superfluous considering both 'everyone' and 'everybody' work equally well on ponies as they do on humans. It's not like we go around saying 'everyhuman' either.

Aside from that, though, I think the memetic mutation of the word 'plot' is kind of funny, and 'clop' is quite creative. I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I see most often, so yeah.

I really like the special brony words :) since my boyfriend is a brony too we use it a lot when we meet with our friend group, together with loads of show references :D we like to tease our friends a bit XD

Can confirm. :catface:

Brony lingo is the best when there are others who don't get it. There have been plenty of times where I just chuck pony references and brony lingo around in a non-brony group, and just watch the gears grind in their heads. :grin2: