Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So what's the worst MLP song so far?

cider float

Spike's Cloudsdale National Anthem. That one made me cringe so hard...

However, this was SUPPOSED to be bad, same as Twilights spell song in Rainbow Rocks.

But from, real songs, I liked all. Dont have a dislike. Sure I spot myself watching some songs more then others, but a really disliked song, nope

Razzle Dazzle. It's the only song so far that I actually felt pain listening too. I have that trouble with most dubstep like music. I love that episode an all, but that song is terrible. Thank god the song doesn't last that long.

Pinkie Pie's song in Over A Barrel stands out for me as one I really don't like. I also didn't particularly like any of the songs in Pinkie Pride except for Make A Wish, but other than those I think most of the songs are pretty good.

Honorable mentions to the CMC's song in the Show Stoppers and Twilight's bad counter spell in RR, for sucking just as much as they were supposed to.

Glass of Water is a song that hasn't stuck with me at all. It seems to rely more on Discord's wacky antics than anything else. Definitely pales in comparison to all of the other songs in the show to me. At first I was having such a difficult time thinking of one since I love almost all of them. but then I was like 'Oh, that one. I forgot about that one'. 

Just so clear things up: "The Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Song" and Spike's rendition of the Cloudsdale Anthem are bad on purpose. So I'm not sure they count (still bad to listen to though). I think "Razzle Dazzle" was intentionally bad too, but for a different reason. 

That said, I'm not a big fan of Pinkie's early songs in the first few episodes. The little girls may've like them, or at least I hope so, but to me they were just annoying.

• Brohoof 2

I actually liked Glass of Water because it reminds me of "Friend like me" from the Aladin movie sung by the Genie. I just have an appreciation for silly songs like that though I'll agree it depended too much on the wacky antics. Then again, what songs like that doesn't :P

My least favorite will have to be FIRST PART  of "The Failure Song". The lyrics were very dry, and Spike did not fit well in it. The second part was awesome though!

And lastly, "The Crystal Fair" song. Not any even remember that song, because it wasn't that great at all. I felt as though it was FORCED into the episode and the lyrics were dry and boring as well as the tune itself. 

• Brohoof 1

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I dislike most of the songs in the show. I'm just not that into musicals.

However, the absolute worst musical number is by far "Racist Barn" due to its boring melody and repetitive lyrics which barely try to rhyme.

Honorable mention goes to the musical episodes (Magical Mystery Cure, Pinkie Pride, Crusaders of the Lost Mark) because despite being full of songs, I can't remember how any of them go.

I guess the show has reached the "song saturation point": it's hard to get excited for a new song when there's one in nearly every other episode.

• Brohoof 2

Now that I think about it, there aren't any particularly "bad" songs in the show. It's all opinionated. I personally didn't like Generosity that much, except for the reprise. Then there's Glass of Water, EQG songs, and some early Pinkie Pie songs.

Edit: People hate Racist Barn? But it generated one of the funniest MLP memes! xP

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 2

"Generosity" is a little too on the nose for me. It seems like a required moral filler written in to remind people that Rarity's sacrifices for her friends, etc. come from being generous and not just because she's a histrionic perfectionista.

Also, the song from the S5 finale had a gut-wrenchingly saccharine montage of Starlight G and the rest of those horses doing friendsy things, and I detest the way everypony looks into the camera at the end of the song. So, the scene with that one ("Friends are Always There For You") left kind of a bad taste in my mouth, but yay, whatever, friendship. 

(EQG doesn't exist to me, so throw all of those songs out the window come at me brohoof social)

• Brohoof 1