Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fire Emblem Fates General

Shift

SI_3DS_FireEmblemFates.jpg

NOA RELEASE DATE: Feb. 19th

NOA REVELATIONS RELEASE DATE: Mar. 10th

EU RELEASE DATE: TBA

takumi, rhajet and azura are the best

This is a non-official general thread for the 14th entry in the Fire Emblem franchise; Fire Emblem Fates! Fire Emblem Fates is the story of young Corrin, a half-dragon half-human prince(ss). (S)he has grown up in the gloomy, war-hungry country of Nohr, but it's discovered that they were born in the neighboring, peace-loving Hoshido. When Hoshido and Nohr get into a conflict, Corrin is forced to choose in between the two! If you get the Conquest version, Corrin sides with Nohr, and you work to stop the corrupt Nohr from within. If you get the Birthright version, Corrin sides with Hoshido, and fights off the invading Nohr. However, on March 10th in NOA (or Feb. 19th if you got the SE), the DLC route Revelations is available. In this route, Corrin chooses neither side, and works to stop an invisible force that seems to be pulling the strings. 

If you are unaware, Fire Emblem is a tactical roleplaying game similar to chess, where you move your army around a map in order to take out enemies using magic, dragons, swords, etc. Units are the people who make up your army that you order around. Units can be spellcasters, dragon riders, humans that can turn into dragons, pegasus riders, swordmasters, thieves, and just about anything in between! If you enjoy chess, tactics, or anything similar, you should look into Fire Emblem! Fire Emblem Awakening, a good game for people looking for a good starting point for Fire Emblem, can be bought on the 3DS. Fates is on the 3DS as well. Other Fire Emblem games can be found on a variety of consoles, from the GBA to normal DS to Wii (Note: the wii games are usually very expensive).

Also, no, Marth and Ike are not in this game if you do not have an amiibo. Roy is not in this game at all. Sorry, smashers!

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE VERSIONS (no spoilers)
Birthright

• Has an experience similar to Awakening. The game is non-linear, with past levels able to be replayed, and has the easiest difficulty out of all three games. Unlike Conquest, you are able to grind. If you're looking into FE, this is a good starting point!
  • Many units are only available in Birthright, as well as specific supports.
  • Has different classes than Conquest. Although most classes in Birthright are available in Conquest, and vice versa, the classes Samurai (Myrmidon), Ninja, Oni Savage, Diviner (Mage), Spear Fighter, Monk/Shrine Maiden (Cleric), Sky Knight (Pegasus Knight), and Archer are more readily available in Birthright than Conquest. The class Kitsune is only available in Birthright.
  • Doesn't have great variety in mission objectives; although there is the occasional 'escape the map' or 'survive for x turns', most chapters are 'Rout the Enemy' or 'Defeat the Commander'.
  • There is a unit called Rhajet available in Birthright. This lady is one of Fates' two gay options; no matter your gender, you can marry her.

Conquest

• Has a more traditional experience than Birthright. The game is linear, with past levels unable to be replayed and an inability to grind, giving you limited exp and resources. This makes Conquest have the hardest difficulty out of all three games. However, it is possible to grind for supports (bonuses between two specific units).
  • Many units are only available in Conquest, as well as specific supports.
  • Has different classes than Birthright. Although most classes in Conquest are available in Birthright, and vice versa, the classes Cavalier, Knight, Fighter, Mercenary, Outlaw (Thief), Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage, and Troubadour are more readily available in Conquest than Birthright. The class Wolfskin is only available in Conquest.
  • Has more diverse mission objectives than Birthright. For example, instead of every level being 'Rout the Enemy', objectives such as 'Survive for x turns', 'Escape the stage', etc make an appearance.
  • There is a unit called Niles available in Conquest. This guy is one of Fates' two gay options; no matter your gender, you can marry him.

Revelations

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF BIRTHRIGHT OR CONQUEST TO PLAY REVELATIONS, BECAUSE IT'S DLC

• Like Birthright, in Revelations you are able to grind and revisit old locations, and thus does not have the linear-ness of Conquest.
  • However, it has Conquest's more advanced systems, such as differing objectives, higher difficulty, etc. It's difficulty is said to be in between Conquest and Birthright; easier than Conquest but harder than Birthright.
  • Revelations is said to be far more gimmicky than the other two versions, so the maps are said to be very different from one another, usually having some sort of gimmick. 
  • More classes are available in Revelations than the other two.
  • Although most, if not all characters can be recruited in Revelations, there are a few characters that are only playable in Birthright/Conquest and are not playable in Revelations. There is also a specific character that is only available in Revelations.
  • Revelations has double the amount of units that Birthright and Conquest have. It also has far more supports.
  • If you don't have the SE (Special Edition), Revelations is made available for $20 March 10th.

• Brohoof 1

@@Gernia,

Same. I'm getting the pack that has Conquest w/ the Birthright download code. I'm getting it on release day though, because I cannot wait! 

Oh, a thread where I can drop my endless salt about how Europe doesn't get this game until god knows when? Thank you, @Shift!

In all seriousness though, I am quite bumped for this game. I have heard various criticisms and such, but being a long time FE follower has showed me that this games will always get it, and it will probably be the same case as when I played Awakening: many flaws, but fun to play nonethless.

I have planned to get both routes from the get go and play them in the "order" they are, which is Birthright->Conquest->Revelations(DLC probably). Unlike with FE13 though, I am trying to stay spoiler free, which resulted in lower visits from me to FE-relaed places, specially on this days with the approaching release of the game in USA.

I will probably come back later on to comment on my half asses competitive FE strats when I get my hands on the game though... but until then, good luck for me to survive to the spoiler onslaugh!

Marth

amiibo

THWiy1g.jpg

I'm one of the like 10 fuckers that has a first print amiibo Marth, so me and him will be waiting for the release...

• Brohoof 1

@@Lightwing,

wtf lightwing is hacking marth amiibos into his house again

In sort of seriousness, Sorry Lighty, you'll probably get Fates soon i'm sure. Water waifu is close! Or whoever you waifu/husbando/whatever. Remember kids, Leo, Takumi, Camilla, Hinoka, Azura, rhajat and Xander are top tier husbandos and waifus! Not Ryoma though, he's a lobster

and not elise or sakura because that's weird.

I've heard it has plenty of flaws, such as a few poor characters, writing, and levels, but it's overall going to be a very fun game to play. And besides, from what I've heard, the good far outweighs the bad.

I've got Conquest and it's freakin' great, classic style kick your ass Fire Emblem! :yay:

Also, love Corrin, couldn't bring myself to change anything about his default design/name. Way stronger design than Robin ever was. :please:

I'm gonna have to wait a while to get this, but I'm definitely gonna go for Conquest first for...reasons

sig-4375702.acb.gif

....yeah reasons

So you want to marry your adoptive sister :wacko:

I've got Conquest and it's freakin' great, classic style kick your ass Fire Emblem! :yay:

Also, love Corrin, couldn't bring myself to change anything about his default design/name. Way stronger design than Robin ever was. :please:

So you want to marry your adoptive sister :wacko:

I know, i'm loving Conquest too! I'm honestly having such a blast; there is so much to do, My Castle is fun, and i'm digging the story. Corrin's really cool too!

How far are you on Conquest? I'm at Chapter 14 and I did the paralogues for Azura, Laslow, and Harold's (this paralogue was hilarious because it was basically pit from kid icarus tries to get bandits to kill captain america) children. Soleil too cute please nerf.

If you didn't get to Chapter 10 and 13 of Conquest, you've got a big storm coming (especially 10, that was such a hard and fun chapter).

I know, i'm loving Conquest too! I'm honestly having such a blast; there is so much to do, My Castle is fun, and i'm digging the story. Corrin's really cool too!

How far are you on Conquest? I'm at Chapter 14 and I did the paralogues for Azura, Laslow, and Harold's (this paralogue was hilarious because it was basically pit from kid icarus tries to get bandits to kill captain america) children. Soleil too cute please nerf.

If you didn't get to Chapter 10 and 13 of Conquest, you've got a big storm coming (especially 10, that was such a hard and fun chapter).

I literally spent all day on Chapter 10... hoo boy it was rough, but somehow made it through without losing anyone(Hard/Classic). I enjoy the challenge though, so far a solid Fire Emblem/strategy RPG title in general. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like I'm the only one here who only got birthright lol. At least for now :P

I'm at Chapter 22/23 and I had the Avatar marry Kaden so that Kana can turn into a Kitsune ;).

should we have a thing for Castle names so we can visit each other's castle and buy stuff, or battle each other's Castles? :P

(edited)

Can't wait till Australia gets at least a release date to join in with all your shenanigans. I plan on getting the special editon (or just both games if its sold out when the time comes) but as Shift knows my loyalties are Hishido :3 How can one say no to Selkie?

Edited by QuirkyUsername

Hngggg Europe Release confirmed finally (sorry Ausies, but I know your pain, and I hope you get it soon) <:

I bought the Special Edition inmediatly as soon as I saw the 'confirmed' signal(I somehow managed to get it before it ran out, lucky mee). 80€ to the bucket, but hell, will it be worth it.

(edited)

@@Lightwing,

Enjoy your SE! Tell me how it is when you get it... because I didn't get it X.X

So i'm on chapter 25 on conquest (Hard/Classic, haven't lost anyone but... I reset a lot) and IT'S NINJA HELL. There are so many Master Ninjas, all of my mages are crying out in fear (Ninjas are pretty much the ultimate anti-mages). God, am I so glad I got Shurikenbreaker on Nina and Niles. Also, I wanted to throw my 3DS out a window on Chapter 23. I was at the boss and then Peri missed a 90% killing javelin throw, and then the boss activated a 30% Rend Heaven, OHKOing Peri. I was so pissed.

@@QuirkyUsername

you'll get your release date one day, hang in there x.x

Selkie is so adorable, I hope in Revelations her and Velouria can support. They'd probably be best friends!

Edited by Shift

I've recently been getting into Fire Emblem. I played Awakening a long time ago, but I didn't like it much.

Then, at a friend's house, that friend showed me Radiant Dawn. I had a great time, and now I'm a huge fan of the series.

I emulate most of the games on my pc, and that's been tons of fun. Especially Path of Radiance. It's great.

I'm really looking forward to Fates, I'm going to buy Conquest as soon as I can, because it sounds really cool, and like the earlier games. I don't like the grinding and casual stuff. I like hard stuff. Even though I'm probably not that great at the game.

Hngggg Europe Release confirmed finally (sorry Ausies, but I know your pain, and I hope you get it soon) <:

I bought the Special Edition inmediatly as soon as I saw the 'confirmed' signal(I somehow managed to get it before it ran out, lucky mee). 80€ to the bucket, but hell, will it be worth it.

Same here :3 21st of may in Aus FINALLY. I think you get it a day before us dont you?

@@QuirkyUsername

you'll get your release date one day, hang in there x.x

Selkie is so adorable, I hope in Revelations her and Velouria can support. They'd probably be best friends!

It's finally here! X3 Though I'm sure you already knew that XD

According to the wiki they can and it's going to take all my effort to not read the Japanese support convos now I know that :P

Man Revelations is coming out and I haven't even finished Conquest yet, such a challenge... finished chapter 18 but I had to lose Jakob, and I've previously lost Silas... I was just at points in those missions that I was not willing to reset at, and those two are also in Birthright anyway so I can get their kids and stuff then so it's pretty much fine... :wacko:

Speaking of kids, I decided to marry my Corrin to Peri 'cuz I thought it'd be funny to do a sort of opposites attract thing (ie their views on killing, but I gotta say Peri is pretty damn cute for a psychopath lol) and I think their Kana turned out pretty good... The paralogues to get the kids are definitely nice ways to get extra exp in Conquest btw.

Also glad there's a date for Europe now, hope you guys enjoy it too. ;)

@@Radiance64,

I was able to finish conquest, but dear god were Chapter 25 and 26 rough. Staff Savant and Grisly Wound + Poison Strike should be banned.

Currently i'm on Birthright Lunatic, chap. 11, and surprisingly it's not too bad! Dare I say Nohr Hard is harder? Archers and Ninjas are godlike right now, and i'm on a quest to make Rinkah good. ...by feeding her energy drops, of course. Curse you 30% str gr

I think I'll wait for a while before buying this, as I haven't finished Awakening yet (I'm just at the last chapter, but I'm busy training my children to face future past first, but it's kinda tedious and boring. Dunno when I'll train some more) 

Got the game on Friday and I'm almost 10 chapters through Conquest. Pretty good game so far with the castle feature. Camilla is really good, I think I'll have my character marry her.

Archers

godlike

Never in my life I thought I would see the words "Archer" and "Godlike" in the same sentence when it came to a Fire Emblem game that wasn't Gaiden

#BlameTakumi

Either way, I spoiled myself a fucking lot too much bit of the gameplay side of the game, although I heard that the story is baaad, specially in Conquest (shame, because I am starting with it), but I will still try to keep my hopes up. Also, now I can follow my elititist FE ways with a game I still don't own, yay /s

• Brohoof 1

Either way, I spoiled myself a fucking lot too much bit of the gameplay side of the game, although I heard that the story is baaad, specially in Conquest (shame, because I am starting with it), but I will still try to keep my hopes up. Also, now I can follow my elititist FE ways with a game I still don't own, yay /s

Story is nothing too special, but it does have its moments. Game is fun though. Decided to go Birthright > Conquest > Revelations because 'oh, look, I'm Magos's younger brother! I wonder if the delete game button on his new 3DS game works? He's almost done with the hardest part of the hardest game, it shouldn't be too bad if it does work.'

:=: