Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fire Emblem Fates General

Shift

@@Lightwing,

Conquest has a pretty bad story, but Birthright and Revelations have an alright story. The characters are amazing though, Setsuna, Soleil, Charlotte, Izana, Arthur, Camilla, Xander, Peri, Oboro, and Takumi are particularly my favorites. ...that was a lot of characters, but I love all of them okay, there are too many great characters in this game.

Also yes, Archers/bow-users are spectacular in this game.  Even on the enemy phase they can be great; since there are so many ranged attackers now (ninjas, shuriken-users, bow-users) all it takes is a little positioning to make an archer annihilate an army on the enemy phase. I am using four bow users (A Sniper, Priestess (War Cleric that uses bows), Kinshi Knight (Falcon Knight except it uses bows. Yes, fliers can now use bows...), and a Merchant (Archer that can also use lances)) right now, and all four of them are hands down my best units. Long live archers!

@,

I am so, so sorry for you :( I accidentally deleted my Conquest file on Chapter 11 but god, I can't imagine how deleting it from like, i'm assuming Chapter 20-25 would be.

I got Conquest because I'm not a casual pleb.

Seriously, though, I am really glad of a FE that's more the old style. Loving it so far. Probably going to get birthright as well and play it before buying Revelations, but we'll see. I did like the opportunity for overworld grinding in FEA that let one play around with different builds and pairings, but the difficulty and old-school feel of Conquest was too much to pass up.

Never in my life I thought I would see the words "Archer" and "Godlike" in the same sentence when it came to a Fire Emblem game that wasn't Gaiden

#BlameTakumi

The legendary 3-13 Archer would like a word with you.

The legendary 3-13 Archer would like a word with you.

His mere mention causes all of the other archers to tremble, but sadly only a handful of archers live up to his name. Maybe Shinon is the closest to 3-13 that we will always get (unless the famed Takumi surprises me, but I've head good about him as a unit).

Also, he cannot be controlled, it has to be on your army to count c:

Yes, fliers can now use bows

I know which class make MU now...

But good god, a flier that can use bows. That is like the most amazing thing I've seen in any Fire Emblem game in a while. <3

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Well, I have been playing some more in the recent days, and I have to say one thing...
The gameplay of Conquest is top notch. I have played every single Fire Emblem to date (yes, even the BS Fire Emblem. Yes, there is a Fire Emblem that goes by that name, I am not joking ). Now I am playing it on Lunatic properly (so far I have only played it on Hard Mode, but i've beaten it under numerours challenges, like reclassing all of my units to the opposite sets. Let me tell you though, Strategist Effie=/=fun, but Mercenary Silas=Legit), and so far, it's not too bad. Maybe it will change by the midgame, but up until now, most of my prior strats seem to be as effective as they were before, although maybe it will change on Chapter 10, I've heard it gets absurd in lunatic~

And yeeah, Birthright is cool, I guesssss. Ryoma cheesed everything. And revelatiooons. It made me for the first time to get paid back for playing a Fire Emblem game, because of how boring it was... c:

Well, I have been playing some more in the recent days, and I have to say one thing...

The gameplay of Conquest is top notch. I have played every single Fire Emblem to date (yes, even the BS Fire Emblem. Yes, there is a Fire Emblem that goes by that name, I am not joking ). Now I am playing it on Lunatic properly (so far I have only played it on Hard Mode, but i've beaten it under numerours challenges, like reclassing all of my units to the opposite sets. Let me tell you though, Strategist Effie=/=fun, but Mercenary Silas=Legit), and so far, it's not too bad. Maybe it will change by the midgame, but up until now, most of my prior strats seem to be as effective as they were before, although maybe it will change on Chapter 10, I've heard it gets absurd in lunatic~

And yeeah, Birthright is cool, I guesssss. Ryoma cheesed everything. And revelatiooons. It made me for the first time to get paid back for playing a Fire Emblem game, because of how boring it was... c:

I'm actually playing Conquest on Lunatic and i'm up to the ninja chapter. It's as bad as it sounds. Chapter 10 was insane, thanks based Haitaka, and the only reason i won was because Elise dodged two 90% killing blows. The Asura chapter was annoying as fuck man

Later in Conq. Lunatic, Iago gets to infinitely spam the Hexing Rod, ninjas get infinite chain which mean debuffs stack (get ready for -30 def, -40 atk, and -20 spd because of this broken ass skill), Takumi practically gets a 100% chance to rend that heaven, the fox chapter is even more stupidly difficult because of buffs, and pretty hilarious rally happy characters (there's a guy duing the great wall of takumi chapter with every rally except spectrum lol)

• Brohoof 1

I'm about a third into the game (about to start Chapter 10) and playing on Normal/Casual because I still am having a bit of trouble mastering the franchise's game mechanics. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with the gameplay.

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually playing Conquest on Lunatic and i'm up to the ninja chapter. It's as bad as it sounds. Chapter 10 was insane, thanks based Haitaka, and the only reason i won was because Elise dodged two 90% killing blows. The Asura chapter was annoying as fuck man

Later in Conq. Lunatic, Iago gets to infinitely spam the Hexing Rod, ninjas get infinite chain which mean debuffs stack (get ready for -30 def, -40 atk, and -20 spd because of this broken ass skill), Takumi practically gets a 100% chance to rend that heaven, the fox chapter is even more stupidly difficult because of buffs, and pretty hilarious rally happy characters (there's a guy duing the great wall of takumi chapter with every rally except spectrum lol)

Argh, that damn ninja chapter. I beat it on the first try, but I say that it was only because Niles got very lucky level ups in strenght/speed, and some positioning with my Avatar pair up allowed him to ORKO most of the ninjas (aka the main threat), while the scraps were taken by Leo and my newly clamed Calamity spell from Ophelia's paralogue(brute-grinded with the invasions and boxing an archer for 8 eternities) and a Master Ninja! Laslow (I think I like him too much, Chapter 12 was basically "Laslow: the settening of kills").

Which reminds me though, I really like Reclass in this game, it doesn't feel like it breaks the game half as much as Awakening, even if there are some combos that come close to that, like Wyvern Lord! Camilla giving her extra stats, but nothing near as bad as the first; and I am also a fan of experimenting with skill builds and finding nifty combinations to make my life easier. I mean, it's Lunatic, the stakes are high and all.

And yeah, I have heard a lot of how the lategame gets stupid with the ninjas that debuff you to oblivion and the Hexing Rod shenanigans. I plan on using Elise as a bait, seeing how she is already low on HP, so I get the smaller loss, as Iago has a pattern of rods, so I should be able to play around that (i mean, this is still better than FE5 and Sleep status reducing ALL of your stats to 0 and being permanent, that just made one cry), and how you have to 1-turn, or 2-turn at most the final chapter, or else it becomes almost impossible because of those ninjas+enfeeble maids.

All in all, this mode deserves the title of Lunatic, but not because of RNG-fest like in Awakening (although some moments in Chapter 10... stupid 86% hit with Camilla sometimes missing and breaking the strategy in a half, most of my chapter 10 restarts were because of misses), if not because brutal but still doable gameplay.And in the words of rallyman, seeing how you are also in this train of insanity:

F4sNJlt.png

I'm about a third into the game (about to start Chapter 10) and playing on Normal/Casual because I still am having a bit of trouble mastering the franchise's game mechanics. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with the gameplay.

Have fuun with that chapter! It's one of the high points of Conquest in my opinion, and even in Normal it can still be a tough cookie to beat, hell, most of Conquest is harder in Normal than the other two games in higher difficulties, I checked, so I wish you the best of luck~