Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how tall are ponies?

steelhoof

Well, since we are able to use theories of our own, I present my own logic:

Octavia is a cellist.

Octavia stands up to play her cello.

Octavia's head ends at the top of the fretboard.

A cello is 49.8" tall

A scroll on a cello is 8.0315"

Octavia's standing height is the height of a cello minus the length of the scroll.

Octavia is ~41.7685", ~3.4807', or 1.0610 meters tall on her hind legs.

• 9 months later...

What DerpyFIM4 means is, that from perspective that might seem like 8 feet.. but what if it were actually 80 feet and the ponies were actually 10 times the size as expected? as is the rest of their world.. Could they possibly be giants?

Or even could their world possibly be miniature? Could the Candy cane actually be 8 Inches? and the ponies are teeny tiny? :huh:

That'd be cute.. :wub:   Little ponies with the size of my mouse on my desk :lol:

Well, in a vain effort to defend Madame De GoldenEyes. I believe the reason most pony theorists use that decoration as a guideline is because Twilight herself directly refers to it being "Eight Feet tall." Which means to imply that they not only use the same measurements as humans do, but given the same terminology implies that it covers the same amount of space. But still, what's a foot to them may vary on a quantum level.

SugarfootWillie's (Sweet Mercy that the most ever-fluffin' awesome name ever!! Any more awesome and you'd be BigBadLeeroyBrown!) scale according to Cellos kind of runs moot when you consider that an instrument would and likely can be made to fit the player. Of course....granted as specific as making appropriate sound out of an instrument can be, there's likely a reason they can't be made any smaller. It's also debatable if she's so much standing as leaning into the Cello which could throw a few inches off. A quadruped's upright position would be a tad wonky considering likely joint movement.

Always kind of just headcannoned pony height on a more... layman's terms. Fillies are roughly literal kneecappers, clocking in not much further then two or so feet and just past your knees. A mare comes to about waist height, where if they were likely stronger then their size they could still be big enough to ride, you'd just look like a clown on a tricycle with your feet dragging down. Their torso likely just as thick around as a human head and probably as wide as a human ribcage. When one thinks of it, a human head could fit rather neatly into one's own ribcage. But despite that, ponies do have much larger heads.

Now a stallion, take Macintosh, ought come up to chest height. Where, if he wanted to be serious for a moment & stare you in the eyes, he could plant both front hooves on you and stand into your line of sight.

And Alicorns (or the princesses anyhow) are right in line of sight. Still a few inches short of a full grown man, but probably on par with a rather diminutive lady. Course, this is all comparative to a man a little bit under or over 6 feet, because honestly, who knows anyone who is exactly six feet?!

Basically, I see ponies being like those massive, theme-park-sized, stuffed toy bears you see that are the size of a small freezer and block most of your sight were you to carry them in the big bear hug around the neck that is clearly the only viable option.

I think I read somewhere that most of the ponies are around 3 to 3.5 feet tall, and a few are around 4 feet.  And Celestia and Luna are around 5.5 to 6 feet tall.

I can believe that because there are pony species in real life that are each of those sizes.

Edited by SBaby

It may be biased because the objects may be made smaller for convenience, but the ponies seem to be able to use most things human sized comfortably.

post-36168-0-14400000-1481600944_thumb.jpg

post-36168-0-35141800-1481600999_thumb.gif

I'd say no more than 3 or 4 feet since they are portrayed to be amall, but not smaller than that.

Edited by Namae

Hey Steelhoof. This is truly a vitally important question. I found an interesting diagram that uses the information we are provided in the show and extrapolates it to conclude that the average pony is about 3'5" tall, a big pony, e.g. Big Mac, is about 4'5" tall, and Celestia is about 4'10" tall.

I have not reached the point where I am allowed to attach the image in this post but I have a link to it right here...

http://postimg.org/image/n35621939/

Regards,

Marxy

I am calling that in to question, It basses all there measurements on a candy cane that they just say is 8 feet tall, while providing nothing that would back up that claim that the canes are 8 feet tall

• Brohoof 1

They are large enough to be the perfect hugging size, nothing more or less lul

Thatvis the exactly what I think. Standing up on two hooves would reach about 3/4 of a person's height, with normaly being 1/3 of their height.

They're little. It's right in the title. Gosh. 

Okay but actually I'll second this, even if the massive heads on ponies look weird beside the EqG humans: 

Someone ended up doing some measurements after the Friendship Games Blooper Reel, and I kind of like to use this as a human to pony height comparison.

sig-4763707.large.png