Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you happy with life right now?

Dsanders

I can safely say that I'm happy with the life I have so far. I have a roof over my head, I have freedom to work on hobbies such as reading, writing, or exercise, my dad is helping me learn how to drive and I feel like my skills are improving rapidly

Overall, I've been feeling so relaxed these past couple of weeks. Life is just beautiful. The worries and doubts I used to always have are now nonexistent

Every now and then shit still happens and I face problems like every human being but I manage to get through them and work things out with little to no trouble

What about you? Are you happy with life? Have you found your inner peace yet? Do tell

• Brohoof 7

Other than not knowing what I'm going to do in the future/jobs and all that. I do really like my life. I mean I have it good compared to some, and I'm very thankful for that. People who love me, able to eat well, shelter, and my health.

No complaints here. :)

• Brohoof 6

I'm feeling pleasantly optimistic about my future. So far everything I've worked towards has payed off nicely, and I've made great gains in my life these past 3 years.

I've met some wonderful new friends from all over to learn & share experiences with, my confidence has taken a huge boost since completing my last college, and I'm overall feeling ready to take on whatever challenges come next! :D

There will of course be further tough times ahead, as such is life. The path is not always clear, and I'd be lying if I said I don't sometimes falter and begin to question the choices I've made, it has happened many a time before. But every time it does, I just pick myself back up and press onwards, a renewed strength to succeed! Life is a train with no brakes, and I don't intend to be left behind.

• Brohoof 5

Right now life is actually amazing. I have an amazing girlfriend, a some what loving family, roof over my head, and food on the table.:) And im really thankful for all of that.

In the past couple of weeks I've bean hanging with my girlfriend. Going out to places for dates or just to hang out.

But once in awhile I face problems in life like everybody else. But I'm able to solve the problem and learn from it.

• Brohoof 5

As of now I would say I am recovering after a few hardships here and there, but otherwise my life is looking better :)

Thanks to my friends and my significant other, they've helped me through those rough times and gave me a reason to have a smile on my face.

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely. I mean things can always be better and had a bit of a bad day yesterday, but really what do I have to complain about? Going to a good college for what I want to do, have both parents alive, happy, and that love me as well as two brothers, good friends, this fandom, my country, and God.

Really life's been good to me. To the point that my main motivation for going to a military college was to eat the dirt and experience some real hardship, a form of "atonement" I suppose.

• Brohoof 3

My life is just shit in general. I struggle to learn anything at school, I find it hard to socialize with people who aren't bronies, and the worst part about my life is that I have a shitty computer that can't run anything -_- and I don't want to get a job because of my aspergus crap, and that's the only way I can get money, or I could possibly get money through advertisement revenue from YT and Twitch but then again my computer isn't good enough to run anything so that's out of the question. I doubt you can get a real small income if you have a shit computer and no job.

• Brohoof 1

This thread. Just.... This thread. My respect to you Dsanders. I always find it pleasant to have a thread in which someone can see that things aren't as bad as they could be. Now to answer your question.

I am perfectly happy with my life. I have a steady job, and a roof over my head. I may not have the most money in the world, but I can get by, and I have people who care about me, whom I care about. I certainly face my own trials and tribulation in life, but those things do not make life bad, they make life challenging. If we were to go through life with no challenge, what would the point in living be? Without these difficult moments we would be unable to define ourselves or grow stronger. So, yes Dsanders, I do indeed enjoy my life.

• Brohoof 4

Honestly, no I can't say that I am very happy with my life right now.  I work at Walmart, so my job is pretty crap, and I have yet to be able to find anything using my degree. Plus it's now been almost 4 years since I graduated from college, and at this point I forgot most of what I learned back then so that's making it even harder to find a job. I also have bad problems with anxiety, to the point where I am afraid to leave my house to do fun things, hang out with friends, talk on these forums, or to try to take opportunities to get a better job.

All that being said, I know things could still be a lot worse, and I really don't think it would take a lot for me to get to the point where I would consider myself happy.

• Brohoof 2

No, and people  always tell me it always gets better. I've been hearing things like that for about 10 years now and it things just keep getting more complicated.

I also have bad problems with anxiety, to the point where I am afraid to leave my house to do fun things, hang out with friends, talk on these forums, or to try to take opportunities to get a better job.

I was exactly like this in my teenage years. Anxiety hit me hard, and it just completely drained my desire to do anything. I was too afraid to consider anything that meant 'change' and of potentially loosing my safety net (i.e. my parents house). It was some bad times, and I know how it feels like you're always living afraid, but trust me on this; It doesn't get any better until you choose to take the first step and not let it control you anymore. I know that seems far easier said than done, but it's ultimately what got me to overcome my general anxiety and realize that a lot of what I feared was unfounded. I still had everything I had before, and was now simply adding more to it. It also made me learn to appreciate some of the simpler pleasures in life, little things that I really enjoy doing to help clear my head and perk me up whenever I'm feeling stressed.

I really do hope you're able to reach the level you feel happy at soon, try your best aim for it. Who knows where you could go from there? :)

• Brohoof 1

My life is just shit in general. I struggle to learn anything at school, I find it hard to socialize with people who aren't bronies, and the worst part about my life is that I have a shitty computer that can't run anything -_- and I don't want to get a job because of my aspergus crap, and that's the only way I can get money, or I could possibly get money through advertisement revenue from YT and Twitch but then again my computer isn't good enough to run anything so that's out of the question. I doubt you can get a real small income if you have a shit computer and no job.

Sad to hear, but as a fellow Aspie myself, sometimes it helps to see your condition as less of a handicap and more of being different. Sometimes you need to see things in a different way: are people really leaving you out and abandoning you? As much as you might not like to admit it, you have lots of options and it isn't necessarily the one you see right in front of you.

I think my life is pretty alright. Occasionally I have emotional problems just because of funny optimism vs. pessimism wars that I experience throughout my life, but recently I've stopped seeing material gains and achievements as something to selfishly strive for "individualism" and look towards just really finding ways to be hopeful and happy and seeing other people's problems as my problem. Sometimes just helping others out (damn thst phrase "it's not your business", that's just encouraging bystanders) is the best way to live a life.

Messy philosophical talk, obviously. XD

I'm not happy at all with mine.

I'm barely out of college, but I can't get any jobs because the ones I trained to do I now can't due to physical limitations (these limitations also prevent me from doing both of my main hobbies). I also can't do anything that requires lots of standing or heavy lifting (again, physical limitations), and on account of anxiety and bad past experiences can't do things like fast food, customer service, etc. as that stuff literally throws me into the depths of a depression that comes with panic attacks.

I've also been a general wreck since I had my heart broken twice by the same person last summer and am now alone and unable to trust people and the more I like someone the more I end up pushing everyone away. Also there's a severe mouse infestation in my house, and my family has loads of bills to pay that we can't afford.

Half of me is, the other half isn't. One half is stressed about the future and what I want to do for a living, and I'm still deciding that for myself at the moment.

The other half is happy with the present, being with friends and having stuff to look forward to each week.

No and things are only getting worse. I have zero friends, my grandfather died recently, my eczema won't stay under control, and to top everything off I just found out I have cancer.

• Brohoof 1

I have no real reason to complain about my life as it is right now.

I am not thrilled with its status, but I am content.

• Brohoof 1

How can you advance if you are truly happy with life?

Actually this is one of the things that slows ponies down -- being too content with things.

(this is actually a theme in a chapter I am writing for one of my fics presently)

Edited by silvadel