Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the scariest game you've ever played?

Everfree

There are certain elements of many games that have scared me, too many to list.

However, overall the scariest game I have ever played was Nightmare House 2.

Others include:

• Bioshock
  • Any F.E.A.R. game
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (any of them)
  • Dead Space 1 and 2
Edited by Chigens
  • Brohoof 1

This is going to sound silly - Twilight Princess.

It's not as silly as it sounds though. I don't play games that I know I'd find scary. I see no appeal whatsoever in getting scared. I love Zelda games, though, and they usually have something in them that could be kind of scary. Twilight Princess in particular has this dungeon with really creepy looking Redeads. I can not stand them at all!

Doom 3, probably. I tend to avoid scary games at all, im to much of a whimp :P

I also found Bioshock quite scary, but only at the Fort Frolic section. Those paper-mache spider splicer's haunt my dream even to this day...

I think there already is a topic for this...

Anyway, to be honest the scariest game I've ever played is Minecraft. The aesthetic of the game and being alone in a mine and suddenly spotting a creeper is something that has scared the crap out of me, countless times.

What really made me decide that Minecraft was the scariest game I've played though, was a time when I hid in a little corner of an abandoned mineshaft. I started hearing noises from the back that were getting closer and closer and I could hear blocks being removed. That was right after endermen had been added to the game, so I didn't know they removed blocks.

Edited by Kaborer

Amnesia The Dark Descent. Hoofs down. *Shudders just thinking about it* I've only played it for 5 hours, but it feels like i've played it so much more... Speaking of which i need to beat it. I can only really take it in small doses though :P

• Brohoof 1

Amnesia The Dark Descent. Hoofs down. *Shudders just thinking about it* I've only played it for 5 hours, but it feels like i've played it so much more... Speaking of which i need to beat it. I can only really take it in small doses though :P

I play for five minutes before I have to give myself a break to be honest. xD I get through an area, get back, quite, then come back to it.

I have beaten Justine though. It's not anywhere near as scary (though just as fun and interesting don't get me wrong). All except for the very last part. I actually had a mini breakdown. I got to that area and I started shaking so bad I could hardly hold the mouse and began crying a little. I forced myself through it and then stopped playing for about a week afterwards just in case. ^^; That probably sounds really extreme though doesn't it, but I guess that's just the effect that game can have on you if you're not careful.

• Brohoof 1

Hm....kinda wondering why this hasn't been mentioned yet... :| But the scariest game I've ever played so far is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Ok first, it's the goal of the game. You have three days to stop the moon (I'll get to that in a sec) from crashing into a town in a world called Termina. The reason I highlight the location is because it's the alternate dimension of the series' main locale, Hyrule. So, nearly everything is as creepy, as well as some additional scarring stuffs.

So, the moon. FREAKY AS HECK. It's got a face. A FREAKIN' FACE! It's like grimacing at you, but that's it. It's a giant polygonal moon that is just starting downward, not doing anything. It just has the same scary look on it's face the WHOLE TIME. And if that's not enough, it follows you WHEREVER you go. Y'know, just as a reminder. Nintendo was so nice to us on that part... *shudder* The feeling of having something or somepony stalking you for the whole game, it's just disturbing.

Then, there's the general mood of this game. Metaphorically, you could say that Majora's Mask was Ocarina of Time in G Major. Which means it's really, really creepy. The ambience and the mood made up from the soundtrack (at most times it's soemthing scary, distorted, freaky, or plain-out insane) and the antagonism. Not to mention some of the enemies are Pinkie-Pie-style coming out of nowhere and scaring the crap out of you.

But, that's what made the game awesome. The intensity, the suspense, the eeriness, and the fast pace of the game mixed with classic elements of the Zelda franchsie make it, in my opinon, one of the Top 10 Nintendo 64 games ever.

In fact, this is EXACTLY what the wise Pinkie said once, sometimes, it's fun to be scared! ;) (Hm...I think a lot of my posts here are TL;DR-ish)

• Brohoof 3

I haven't played many scary games, but out of the many OTHER games I've played, the scariest would have to be Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime 2, and... (this is the one everyone should have in their scariest game list, no matter if you've actually played it) SUPER MARIO BROS. THE LOST LEVELS. :o

IT'S SO FREAKING HARD THAT IT'S SCARY!!!

I love horror games. Not as much the ones like Dead Space where it's also sotra part-shooter, but the ones that are made purely for the scares. And out of all that I've played and seen playthroughs of...

...Amnesia: The Dark Descent for SURE.

I'm actually currently stuck in it, because the puzzles are freaking HARD.

But in terms of scariness, it is definitely cry-in-the-corner-worthy. Those grunts are CREEPY.

And the water monster too.

There's also these flash games called Exmortis and The House (Google them if you'd like).

Jumpscares. ALL OVER THE PLACE.

• Brohoof 1

I gotta say.... Metroid Prime. If something scares me, I usually punch them out of fear. I'm not someone who quivers in a corner when scared, I haven't even finished that game. Let alone the first level. To much of an eerie feel. I'm probably missing out on a good game. :mellow:

Yeah Metroid Prime & Echoes have eerie atmospheres, and I'd have to say you are missing out.

But for the scariest there is no contest:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Was there ever any doubt?

Edited by Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

i try to stay away from horror games, i'm twitchy as a scared bunny.

but the scariest game would be, Killing floor or bioshock 1......

i always ends with me in the corner of my room :<

Fatal Frame 3

Fatal Frame 1 for me but of course I never played the later games because, guess what, terrified of ghosts.

Even the Let's Plays of those games unnerve me, but I DID do a Let's Play of the first game!

Hands down, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can't wait for the sequel later this year. Yep, you heard me. Get ready for even more scares this Halloween most likely :(

*loses her mind* :blink: I don't know if I want to jump up and down in joyous celebration or curl up into a little ball in a corner and cry.

Goodness, what is it about Amnesia? o-o I am now quite curious *has never played/seen the game been played*

It is possibly one of the most terrifying games ever made. I can't even begin to describe it to you, you just have to play it. Or youtube people playing it. Either way. It's available via Steam download.

But I think the thing that freaks me out the most is the fact that in it you can't fight. You have no ability to defend yourself against the monsters trying to kill you. The only thing you can do is run and hide and try to evade them. The end result of this is I end up spending half the game hiding from creatures that aren't even there because I'm to terrified to investigate and see what the strange noise really was. :P

Edited by NoodleFox

Majora's Mask. That game if bucking creepy. I mean, think about it. You kill things with the Song of Healing, take their soul, and put them into masks. And to top it off, the Elegy of Emptiness statue is creepy as hell. I nearly had a heart attack when it first came up (I was playing it on Wii-Ware with a huge ass screen). And then there's BEN. That story changed the entire game's atmosphere for me.

NO I WILL NOT PLAY AMNESIA. I THINK I WOULD DIE IF I DID.