Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Birds!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Birds! Fascinating creatures, descendants of the almighty dinosaurs. There are so many types out there and many types that are also pets. Let's discuss them! What are some of your favorite birdies? :3 Do you have any as pets? I don't know own any, but my brother has some Parakeets and a Quaker parrot. :) You can also post pics of birds that you own or like. ^-^

I love Finches. I don't own any but my grandma does and they are lovely, I love the noises they make. 

zebra.jpg

• Brohoof 9

I don't own any birds but because of the legendary birds on the original Pokemon games i have a special place in my heart for birbs XD

Especially Harpy Eagles because depending on the angle you take a picture of one they can be majestic or doofy as anything XD

ohjzhHt.jpg

harpy+eagle+images.jpg

These are my examples XD Sorry the pictures are big i don't know how to put things in spoilers :P

• Brohoof 3

I don't own any birds but because of the legendary birds on the original Pokemon games i have a special place in my heart for birbs XD

Especially Harpy Eagles because depending on the angle you take a picture of one they can be majestic or doofy as anything XD

ohjzhHt.jpg

harpy+eagle+images.jpg

These are my examples XD Sorry the pictures are big i don't know how to put things in spoilers :P

Looks like Black Gryph0n's OC! :D

• Brohoof 1

I had a bird a long time ago, a blue parakeet. His name was Cheerio. Unfortunately, there was a small kitchen fire and the smoke from it hurt him bad... I haven't had a bird since.

I find birds really cute and fascinating, though! I draw them from time to time. c:

Hawks and Kestrels are really cool. 

Edited by Yellow Pearl
  • Brohoof 2

I love birds.

I actually own 3 birds as pets. I have 2 pineapple cheek conures and 1 cockatiel.

My spirit animal is also an owl

:comeatus:

Birdwatching is a huge hobby of mine! I love looking up how to attract different species to my yard. I'd have to say that my favorite is the American Goldfinch. Not only are they super tiny and cute, they also are very dainty when it comes to eating. They gently pick up a piece of food, as opposed to the little sparrows who like to messily scratch around for their favorite seeds. :)

American%2BGoldfinch%2BMale%2Band%2Bfema

Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

Do penguins count? Emperor penguins are probably my favourite animal next to wolves and snakes.

564754-emperor-penguin-and-chick_view.jp

• Brohoof 2

Ah birds, amongst my most favorite exotic critters, they're here to take their ancestor's place as mighty rulers! Yeah, birds are indeed beautiful and interesting animals. My favorites are crows and ravens. They just look so majestic. And not just that, they're greatly intelligent and have been shown to be capable of understanding concepts and being very crafty! They're such adorable, yet ingenious little guys, and certainly don't deserve all that bad publicity.

american_crow_9.jpg

CommonRavenJB1.jpg

Edited by Dino-Mario
  • Brohoof 3

My sister has a parakeet, but I haven't ever had a pet bird.

My mom is obsessed with birds though, today we were going through a book on birds, I was most interested in the owls! o: 

these are the owls i can hear out my window. The cat xD

redwinged_blackbird.jpg The Red Winged Blackbird comes in my yard everyday in the hundreds! I need to start putting out bird food again.. 

Birds are my favourite animals. It's just so interesting to think about how they've descended from dinosaurs and how many kinds of birds they're are. I've always been fascinated by how these wonderful animals can fly as well. Then again, any animal that can fly is always interesting to think about, because it's so interesting to think how much these animals have evolved and changed over many years.

But my favourite bird is easily the eagle. It's such a powerful and majestic animal.

virginia-bald-eagle-lara-ellis.jpg

Edited by Entropy

Oh yes! ...a topic about birds.  An obsession of mine, and I mean big time.  I'd love to have an African grey parrot, but right now I don't have enough time as one would need.  Otherwise, right now I've just got some regular barnyard birds... chickens, guinea hens, and some peacocks which are neat I guess.  I've been feeding peanuts to the blue jays here, and right now I've got a flock of about 50 that have started screaming at me through the window every morning at daybreak.  They're my horrible, horrible alarm clock. 

My favorite bird is probably the shoebill stork.  For no other reason than they look awesome.  I'd like to paint a picture of one of them someday soon.

sWZrxsx.jpg

Ah birds, amongst my most favorite exotic critters, they're here to take their ancestor's place as mighty rulers

hRmx1WK.jpg

I was JUST talking about how birds will ultimately become our rulers!  They're far more intelligent than people give them credit for.  Even the folks who already say, "yeah, birds are pretty smart" are constantly being surprised by what those little creatures are capable of!  They can create and use tools, solve puzzles, set traps, and I just read a recent article about birds of prey in australia  that were starting fires.  What's next!?   freaking amazing.

• Brohoof 1

I love birdies! I own a cockatiel. At one point, I also had a budgie, but he passed away around eight years ago. =(

What really gets me, though, are those adorable birds out in the wild with their big puffy bodies and tiny little heads!

wren.jpg

• Brohoof 2

My favorite types of birds are birds of prey. Basically, eagles, falcons, and owls. 

These birds fascinated me as a young child when a live owl was shown to us at school and I thought it was cool the way its stature was and the way it tilted its head. Now, whenever I see one of these in the sky, I want to gaze in awe at it.

Birds-of-Prey.jpg

I love birdies! I own a cockatiel. At one point, I also had a budgie, but he passed away around eight years ago. =(

What really gets me, though, are those adorable birds out in the wild with their big puffy bodies and tiny little heads!

sig-4375482.wren.jpg

That bird looks amazing. XD He looks like a little fluffy ball with a beak. :3 

Because of the asshole birds that don't shut up where I live, I have grown a hatred for birds in general. There are exceptions like ducks, owls, penguins, crows, etc and cartoon bird exceptions but overall, I would be fine with no birds in my area.

Oh yes! ...a topic about birds.  An obsession of mine, and I mean big time.  I'd love to have an African grey parrot, but right now I don't have enough time as one would need.  Otherwise, right now I've just got some regular barnyard birds... chickens, guinea hens, and some peacocks which are neat I guess.  I've been feeding peanuts to the blue jays here, and right now I've got a flock of about 50 that have started screaming at me through the window every morning at daybreak.  They're my horrible, horrible alarm clock. 

My favorite bird is probably the shoebill stork.  For no other reason than they look awesome.  I'd like to paint a picture of one of them someday soon.

sig-4375275.sWZrxsx.jpg

sig-4375275.hRmx1WK.jpg

I was JUST talking about how birds will ultimately become our rulers!  They're far more intelligent than people give them credit for.  Even the folks who already say, "yeah, birds are pretty smart" are constantly being surprised by what those little creatures are capable of!  They can create and use tools, solve puzzles, set traps, and I just read a recent article about birds of prey in australia  that were starting fires.  What's next!?   freaking amazing.

Yup! With their sheer cleverness, craftiness and persistence, it's no wonder birds have always impressed the mind of mankind. We humans think of most animals as inferior, but thankfully, birds and other critters can easily prove that wrong. Yup, shoebills are cool like that. I'm particularly fond of that glare he's giving in the pic. He's all like "So, you think feathered dinosaurs aren't scary, huh?"

• Brohoof 1