Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When life knocks you down, do you ever feel like

ManaMinori

Just staying down? Isn't it just tiring, struggling to get back on your feet, and back into a positive mindset, to fight back, with what meager strength you have? Does anyone feel like getting up each time life deals you a blow, and you fall on you face, is just masochism on your part?

You get back up, look life in the face, and say, "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Cuz what is the road of life without a few pot holes or a song you don't like on the radio? I'll tell you what it is, a driving simulator.

Check out the poem Desiderata for some good life advices.

• Brohoof 4

I don't know if I ever rightly got up in the first place. I talked to a therapist about this topic. If I stay down, metaphorically speaking, then what can knock me down again?

I can't remember if I already posted this thought in a different thread, but I'll finish it. I've settled for mediocrity. I don't try to be social, because I know the people where I live don't want to hang out with me.

I don't try to get good grades, because I would give absolutely everything I had to class, and still get terrible scores.

If I don't feel positive, nothing can muddy my attitude. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm negative by default. As I've said before, "I'm not unhappy, I'm just not happy."

I used to be unhappy. But staying down doesn't mean giving up.

I actually tend to keep being low everytime something bad happens, but I'm actually recovering from being at that low point.

I think the best thing to do to try to avoid being down is to have people around you that can help you get back on your feet. and you shouldn't feel like wanting to give up. Giving up is just accepting the fact that you cannot do certain things, you can do everything you want to, as long as you have the motivation to start things, you can do big things!

But eh, I say this I'm currently battling against my anxiety.

Never. If life knocks me down, I get up out of spite if nothing else. I refuse to quit and let life win, because I am a competitive person and F*** life, its my decision whether or not I get knocked down for good! So life is literally going to have to kill me to keep me from getting back up.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love everyone's positivity :wub:!!! It's so refreshing to hear it in this day and age when everyone is so cynical of each other. If you're ever feeling down, head to this website for some daily dose of motivation: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_motivational.html

One of my personal favorite quotes: "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop" - Confucius

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love everyone's positivity :wub:!!! It's so refreshing to hear it in this day and age when everyone is so cynical of each other. If you're ever feeling down, head to this website for some daily dose of motivation: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_motivational.html

One of my personal favorite quotes: "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop" - Confucius

That is a great site, I agree, its also the same place this next Confucius quote came from. :D

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall. (Perfect quote for this topic too XD)

But staying down doesn't mean giving up.

This is another really good point on the subject matter GeekySonic. After all, just because you are forced to the ground doesn't mean you can't move forward. There is always the option of crawling along the ground, even if it means scraping and clawing every inch of the way as if it were the last thing you were to do with your life. Because you have to move forward, or you are already pretty much dead. *nods*

• Brohoof 1

I think of life like a story. Any good story has its ups and its downs; conflicts and resolutions. I keep turning the pages because I'm hooked to the story line and I want to know what happens next. I keep getting up when I get knocked down, because I want to know the resolution. I want to see how my character develops; how my world is built; how the plot progresses; how my story ends. I am glued to my seat. Every night I go to sleep is a question mark and every day I wake up in search of the answer. That's why staying down is not an option for me.

• Brohoof 1

I wish i had to mindset to get back up and sock it in the jaw, but it usually takes about a day to recover from something along the lines of a shitty experience. I've been trying to be more positive about things in general, being pessimistic for too long is really hard to shake off.

What does it actually mean to stay down? If they are doing their job/going to school/socializing ... Well, it can be bad, they can be in a really bad shape, but does it count as "staying down"? Isn't just going on already starting the process of getting up? Because I'm under the impression that "staying down" is really giving up: committing suicide, shutting themselves in a room and not leaving the bed for literally anything. Forgive me if I'm being ignorant, though. I'm not saying this in the same way as "meh, you're being a wimp", but in... I think people are stronger than they realize.

Just "staying down" after dealing with difficulties in life was something that I did often a few years ago.

I felt so damaged and I felt like there was no point in trying anymore.

However, I learned that "staying down" wasn't helping the situation. I was only wollowing in my own depression and letting my negative thoughts control me. I was miserable and I knew that, if I wanted to be happy again, I would have to change my attitude and things in my life.

When I get knocked down, I get up again. They're never gonna keep me down.

Chumbawumba were truly philosophers unheralded in their own time. A thousand years from now, people will speak of these wordsmiths as we speak of Socrates, or Nietzsche, or Shatner. 

I don't think it is Masochism but it is just carrying on because really when you think about it the choice is pretty simple, you can either lay in bed every day feeling depressed or letting w/e has happened get you down, or you get up, carry on and fight it off :D  

Believe me I have been through stages in my life where I would spend months just laying in my bed staring at a wall lmao x) 

Never surrender. As long as a quantum of hope exists, you must find the fire in your heart and push through.

Iv'e survived many failures along the way, breakups, came close to death a couple of times, even had a bout with cancer once.

And you know what? Iv'e persevered and overcame every single obstacle before me. I not particularly strong, handsome or smart. I just owe it all to my to my indomitable will.

Whatever happens, never forget that as long as you refuse to break you may surprise yourself with what you can achieve.

I stand as a rock against everything life throws at me. It could be life hasn't thrown anything big at me. It could be that I'm just that tough. Either way, when life has attempted to bring me down it utterly failed.

Yes... and sometimes, I admit, that does happen. Some days, something bad happens and I'll stay down for the rest of the day. Sometimes it'll even be a week, or a month, or a year. But eventually, I'm going to get tired of being down and I'll try to pick myself up again. Even if I fail doing that, there's always something that comes along that turns things around. To me, it's more of a matter of waiting it out.