Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A world without media.

Westj1211

So media not including social media?

Anyway, that would make a nice joker meme,

Take away media,

And everyone loses their minds.

I wouldn't really care much. Like I would miss my TV shows but I have many other activities to do besides that. People just don't think about them because its easier to sit in front of a TV all day.  :P

It would sadden me. As much as some media has gone horribly awry and corporations are, well, being terrible corporations, I still wouldn't be able to stay sane with my video games and music. So I would slowly go crazy and I then would proceed to play a banjo for 25 years straight. not sure why but it could happen. 

A world without media would be a bleak and dreary one.

I would really hate for all media to go away.

Yeah, I know. Luckily, we still have media to this day, and into the future. This includes: TV, radio, newspapers, websites, books, shows, and games.

And eventually the brony fandom, THE brony fandom, heavily relies on media alone.

Edited by Westj1211

I wouldn't care. Media still goes so far as being something like cave paintings, Renaissance paintings, poems, singing. If this was to happen though the patents for art and song should also be thrown out the door.

Edited by cider float

• 3 months later...

The reawakening of the Rhapsode and Homer of course. We'd go back to telling thousand-verse epic poems.

What would happen if all the books, shows, and games suddenly disappeared?

We would make new ones? Seriously, the creation of art is something that has been with our species very early on. You can't remove it from us unless you can locate the specific alleles that you would need to modify in our genome that supports creativity. Genetics. But I suppose if some floating disembodied head shaped like George Clooney magically made all media disappear upon creation ... you would have the death of culture, massive economic depression, hunger, increase of mental illnesses. Basically that. 

I think a quarter of the population would stop functioning properly, which is a sign they never did to begin with. Some people spend way too much time with tech and feel like its been forever if they don't touch an electronic in 30 minutes. 

I've sort of succumbed to this myself, but only because I wanted to talk to my girlfriend while I was in the hospital and I was not permitted to use my phone.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Books? If your definition is that broad, you simply can’t not have no media exist :wacko: . We’ll find a way.

Simply put if smart-phones or the Internet never existed, just imagine the 60s :P or even the 80s... weird, a time where the TV was where people got news mostly.

Honestly the world would be a significantly worse place without media.

I will say the mainstream has totally defied its own purpose, though not allowing any media would give free reigns to a potential dictatorship. And it should be obvious to anyone who isn't utterly delusional how that would be.

Edited by Dusknoir