Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Otherkin Bronies?

Lonk Chase

I have actually come across ponykin in my exploration of the pit of the insanity that is tumblr. The blog I remember seeing doesn't seem to exist anymore. Although I can't be bothered to look for ponykin I do know of a blog with someone claiming they are Bubbles from powerpuff girls. If you're interested I'll just leave a link to that right here:

http://twooppressedkins.tumblr.com/

So many trigger warnings.

• Brohoof 3

I have actually come across ponykin in my exploration of the pit of the insanity that is tumblr. The blog I remember seeing doesn't seem to exist anymore. Although I can't be bothered to look for ponykin I do know of a blog with someone claiming they are Bubbles from powerpuff girls. If you're interested I'll just leave a link to that right here:

This HAS to be fake. It's just a trolling blog...

...isn't t? Please tell me it is.

• Brohoof 3

This HAS to be fake. It's just a trolling blog...

...isn't t? Please tell me it is.

I thought so too. Scroll down a little lower and on top of Bubbles you have someone claiming to be Jimmy Neutron. They're damn convincing trolls if they are.

I thought so too. Scroll down a little lower and on top of Bubbles you have someone claiming to be Jimmy Neutron. They're damn convincing trolls if they are.

At this point I'm willing to believe anything is real on tumblr. Simply put I have no idea if this is a joke or not. The one where they get triggered by TF2 is just so tumblr like that I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

At this point I'm willing to believe anything is real on tumblr. Simply put I have no idea if this is a joke or not. The one where they get triggered by TF2 is just so tumblr like that I don't know.

Well headmates are a thing there soooooo yeah I am inclined to side with you and believe anything on tumblr is real.

• Brohoof 3

I read that blog. Double facehoof + wings, springs to mind.

Bananakin?  Seriously?

I can't even tell if these people are trolling or not, but even if you disregard the Bananakin that blog just reinforces everything else that I have said up to this point.

[Possible trigger]

I think that anyone who believes they are an Animal, spirit, demon, angel or w/e trapped in a human body are mentally ill without any arguments.

The sad thing is they sponge off the LGBT community saying things like, well if a woman can be born into a mans body then animals can right? If people are born gay then we that means I can be a dragon spirit in a mans body right? No.

In this country, the UK, if you went to any respectable doctor or psychiatrist and told them you believed you were an animal spirit in a humans body and this affected the way you lived / behaved you would be medicated or put into a ward for Delusional behavior, which is a main symptom of Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder and a few others.

Tbh though if they want to pretend to be it while being on the internet, if it makes them happy, then great. But once it starts spilling over into the real world, I think they need help.

I know some people are gonna' be offended by this view, but it is my opinion, along with the fact that Tumblr is a well known place for these sort of groups & views to develop.

Haters against otherkin should grow up, but otherkin who firmly believe they are not a human, need help. :D

I actually think the main reason people become part of these groups is to fit in and for friends

Edited by Jestwinged
  • Brohoof 5

I guess there may be a few, depending on how you define it.

If they just pretend to believe that, they're weirdos.

If they genuinely believe that, then thas's a medical condition called somatic delusions, bizarre subtype.

If there are people who are actually like that, then I'm surprised. I usually follow the rule that everything has happened somewhere, but this is just a teensy bit weird.

Oh sorry, I forgot the trigger warning because I called it weird.

TRIGGER WARNING

There.

They are a hypnosis group. About MLP. And they believe that their hypnosis files work so much that they put warnings on the sign-up and you cannot use the files without signing up.

I also believe that someone put one of their files online on YouTube, and they tried to get it taken down because it was dangerous.

Well, I actually went right against that warning, and used two different files at the same time, which is mind-shattering according to them, and I didn't go mad.

Plus, they made those files specifically so that that wouldn't happen. They made differences in the trigger-thingies so that stuff wouldn't happen.

I think that those warnings are just there because they don't want to get sued/cause any harm accidentally. You never know what could happen, better try and make it not be your fault.

• Brohoof 1

There's a huge mix of real and fake. Things like banana kin? Fake. Thing is, for most people it's extreme hard to tell the difference.

Personally, in this world of huge changes, massive amounts of spiritual beliefs of all shapes and sizes, and with the possibility of the multiverse, who knows what's possible and what isn't. We're finding new strange and crazy things about our world every day.

I figure, as long as no ones hurting anyone else, they can live however they want and be happy. :)

A lot of the kins are actually real.

Well... they might be, but the "Hey, I'm actually Jimmy Neutron/a rock/a banana trapped in a human's body" thing makes me pretty sceptical about kins.  :squee:

I`m a member of that Hypnoponies website and it does work. It does take some time though, but if you do what the tutorials say and maybe even read some of the journals of the other ponies on the forums you can get quite far into the hypnosis

• Brohoof 1

If kins aren't real, how do you explain Donald Trump? He's obviously some sort of hideous evil creature trapped in the body of a still hideous looking human.

Also,I think I met a ponykin on youtube. At first I was convinced they were kidding, but I wasn't so sure after reading their comments, they seemed certain they were a pony. 

Edited by Hideous Ogre
  • Brohoof 3

I am not an otherkin nor do I believe am I part pony.

I have seen a lot of videos on the internet about said individuals, though. 

i gotta say... They're... interesting.

There's a huge mix of real and fake. Things like banana kin? Fake. Thing is, for most people it's extreme hard to tell the difference.

Personally, in this world of huge changes, massive amounts of spiritual beliefs of all shapes and sizes, and with the possibility of the multiverse, who knows what's possible and what isn't. We're finding new strange and crazy things about our world every day.

I figure, as long as no ones hurting anyone else, they can live however they want and be happy. :)

It's simply impossible to be part not human. The soul is supposed to represent the mind (at least that's how I've read it) so to say you are part wolf is simply ridiculous.

Well... they might be, but the "Hey, I'm actually Jimmy Neutron/a rock/a banana trapped in a human's body" thing makes me pretty sceptical about kins.  :squee:

Do you mean these particular kins or just kins in general?

• Brohoof 1

Do you mean these particular kins or just kins in general?

Well... I have mixed feelings about therians, but the inanimate-object-kins and the fictionkins are absolute BS to me.

I've seen otherkin sorta based fan fiction which shall nameless. Basically, the person hates being human and hates humanity, so they want to be cartoon pony.

Stories in which the person not only wants himself/herself to become a pony, but all of humanity as well. Even by force.

Thankfully most of said stories tend to get the downvotes they deserve. Or just outright ignored. 

Edited by Bendy

This hurts me right into my soul, whatever the hell that might be. Honestly, Poe's Law is so strong on Tumblr that all lines between earnestness and trolling have blurred together into one big spiral of delusion and cringe.

While I can accept that some people feel they were born in the wrong body, I will never believe even for a moment that anyone is part animal/elf/dragon/demon/angel/banana or whatever else deranged minds can come up with. I used to think that 4chan was the cesspool of the Internet, but at least there you know not to take anyone seriously. On Tumblr it's anyone's guess, and the very fact that such people even exist makes me lose hope for humanity at an astonishing pace. I can only hope trolls far outnumber the genuine nutcases.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Not as far as I know.  But I've met some lady on a different forum site who identifies as a Clydesdale.  That's kind of similar right?

Btw, I'm an Otherkin myself, but I identify as an golden-eagle/red-fox hybrid.  I know that might sound weird and . . . yeah!  It is weird.  I don't think I literally am an eagle-fox or have the soul of one or whatever.  That's stupid.  Yet, on a deep, visceral level, I feel as though I really am that crazy thing.  Sometimes I slip into a fox-like mindset, often without realizing it at first.  I growl when I'm angry, and I whimper when I'm sad.  On the eagle side, for as long as I can remember, I've always had this unexplainable longing to soar through the air like a bird.  Whenever I see a flock of birds overhead, it breaks my heart a little bit knowing that I can't fly up and join them.

What's more, I have some experience with the "Phantom Limb" phenomenon that happens to a lot of Otherkin.  Although I know it's all in my head, I almost always feel as though I have a tail, and wings on my back.  Usually, it's just a vague suggestion of the extra limbs being there.  But sometimes, it's so vivid and so detailed that if I lean against a wall, I'll actually feel a stab of pain due to the nonexistent feathers getting pinched.  Btw, yes, wing-boners are real. 

Again, I know this is really weird, and it's hard to explain.  I don't know why I feel this way.  I just do.  It just feels . . . right . . . somehow.  And the idea of being an eagle-fox is even sort of comforting to me, oddly enough.  Again, I don't know how to explain it.  Maybe I'm just crazy.  Maybe It's some subconscious need to feel more unique.  Maybe it's a way for me to take all of the weird, quirky things I've noticed about myself and tie them together in a neat little bow.  Maybe it's a combination of all of the above.  Either way, being Otherkin is part of who I am and I can't change it any more than I can change the color of my skin.  

Oh, btw

On 2/14/2016 at 6:52 PM, 10InTheTardis said:

If kins aren't real, how do you explain Donald Trump? He's obviously some sort of hideous evil creature trapped in the body of a still hideous looking human.

Also,I think I met a ponykin on youtube. At first I was convinced they were kidding, but I wasn't so sure after reading their comments, they seemed certain they were a pony. 

That comment coupled with your profile pic is absolutely hilarious 

Edited by Soaring Symphony

On 2/16/2016 at 7:36 AM, KatonRyu said:

This hurts me right into my soul, whatever the hell that might be. Honestly, Poe's Law is so strong on Tumblr that all lines between earnestness and trolling have blurred together into one big spiral of delusion and cringe.

While I can accept that some people feel they were born in the wrong body, I will never believe even for a moment that anyone is part animal/elf/dragon/demon/angel/banana or whatever else deranged minds can come up with. I used to think that 4chan was the cesspool of the Internet, but at least there you know not to take anyone seriously. On Tumblr it's anyone's guess, and the very fact that such people even exist makes me lose hope for humanity at an astonishing pace. I can only hope trolls far outnumber the genuine nutcases.

Yeah, most of those do seem pretty weird.  I'm pretty sure angels and demons can exist as humans though.  After all, God himself apparently did it, so why not his followers; the angels.  And considering that the Bible portrays demons as little more than angels who went bad, they would be capable of becoming human as well.

Yeah honestly I actually do believe that my ponysona Techno is likely my true from and it's mainly from dream experiences as I remember creating equestria in a dream as him and I even remember a dream that I had my brain taken out of my body and installed into a robotic pony body that was my OC. So it's very likely that I'll end up being my OC at some point! :)

PS: It also leads me to see artworks of my OC like this one as real images of me in the future! :)

image.thumb.png.cf45a714f0a8476d9a987fe1f020c793.png

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah honestly I actually do believe that my ponysona Techno is likely my true from and it's mainly from dream experiences as I remember creating equestria in a dream as him and I even remember a dream that I had my brain taken out of my body and installed into a robotic pony body that was my OC. So it's very likely that I'll end up being my OC at some point! :)

PS: It also leads me to see artworks of my OC like this one as real images of me in the future! :)

image.thumb.png.cf45a714f0a8476d9a987fe1f020c793.png

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.  Not only do you identify as an equestrian pony but you think you're a freaking Alicorn (basically a freaking god).  Damn dude, curb that ego.