Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lesser-Known Games That You Like

Castle Bleck

Super amazing wagon adventure on xbl market place (I dont know if it's anywhere else) I dont wanna say too much since I think you should play it for yourself and find out what can happen (It's also very cheap) but basically random events happen all the time, each with there own unlockable mode or wagon, I urge anyone to try it out

Edited by Majora Mothra

Fortress Craft on the indie game section of the 360.

Absolutely adored that game :D basically minecraft but with much better graphics, loads of building tools at your disposal like diggers and builders as well as free servers n stuff X3

Challenging, creative, and downright weird: "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino!"

Back when demo discs were a thing, I had one that let you play at least the first level of this game.  I played it over and over and over.  Genuinely one of my favorite PS1 titles.

"Yo!  Noid."  I won't pretend that this is the best game in the world, but it's probably the best game I've played starring the Domino's Pizza mascot of old.  In fact, it's the only game I've played starring the Domino's mascot.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 2

Beneath a Steel Sky is a good game. It's set in a steampunk, sci-fi universe with a totalitarian government.

Oh, yeah. It was first released in 1994.

(This is all backstory, so it's not exactly a spoiler.)

As a child, the main character was the only survivor of an accident in the middle of the desert. He was rescued by the locals and brought up as their own. Years later, he was kidnapped by the government and his entire tribe was killed. The helicopter he was kidnapped in crashed in the city, so he escaped. From here, your goals basically are to expose the corrupt government and find out what happened to your father.

Full Plot

Edited by Grepper

Besides the Drawn to Life series, I would have to say that I actually really like Monster Tale.

It is a surprisingly fun game.  The virtual pet simulator part that helps out with the monster's evolution into more powerful forms and different and more powerful attacks is pretty well thought out.  The graphics are pretty good, the other part of the game which works a lot like metroid is also pretty fun, and the game has a great soundtrack.

I can't wait for the upcoming Monster Tale Ulitmate remake.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Blade of Darkness is one of my favorite lesser known games. It's an old 2001 fantasy hack and slash game, I loved the music and atmosphere, the enemies were awesome and the gore system was well done. In first person, I could look down and see my feet. The shadows still impress me after so many years.

537121-bod_006.jpg

Azurik: Rise of Perathia. A game full of great potential that was never fully realized. It's still a really enjoyable game in my opinion but you can more or less tell what parts where  trimmed and cut for budgetary issues. I don't know how lesser known it actually is but I've never met someone else who has played it XP

Odin Sphere and God Hand are too of the best games on the PS2 and I recommend those to anyone who has one or a PS3(as they're in the PSN store)

There's also Crimson Skies on the Xbox, a great flight game on the OG Xbox

I don't know if Okami qualifies as a lesser-known game, but I don't hear about it often.

Granted, I no longer own the game, but I remember it being super cool with pretty graphics.

Am I the only one today who plays the original PSP (Playstation Portable)? Basically EVERY game on this console is underrated. Games like Wipeout Pulse, which is a futuristic ship racing game, Test Drive Unlimited, which is another racing game that takes place in all of Hawaii, and Tekken Dark Ressurection, which is the least popular instalment of this fighting game franchise.

post-36311-0-46835200-1455528310.jpg

I still don't have enough money for a PS Vita.

Edited by DJ Gumball
  • Brohoof 5

The Quest for Glory series... one of the first game series to have the option of taking one character through 5 different games.

Zeliard... an animesque maze-based platformer which was a lot of fun.

Super Robot Wars series, the one strategy game series that is still very much running and still releases new series every year. Yet no one has ever heard of this. This series is just as old as the Mario series. Here's one video of the latest series, SRW OG Moon Dweller for PS4/PS3 with HD 2d sprite over a 3d background.

Jeez, gotta go WAY back in my memories for this one!

I still remember "The Guardian Legend" for the NES from when I was a little kid. It's a cross between a 2-D Vertical Shooter and an RPG. Look it up on YouTube, any further explanation won't do this game justice, you have to see it to believe it. That reminds me, I've still got an old NES lying around and my old carts, I might just fire it up again!

Stubbs the Zombie. This game is such an overlooked gem. It was short, but the gameplay and setting were sooooo good and I loved every bit of that game. I remember beating it one the easiest and hardest difficult the same day I bought it and I STILL played it often after that. I wish it could be remade.