Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Hasbro hint that ponies are not just for girls?..

IvaCatheriaNoid

guardians%2Bof%2BHarmony%2BSpike.png

afb481.pngSome days after new Guradians Of Harmone toys release Hasbro published some new figure photos. But on one of the photos we can see a girl playing with Spike-defender toy with the boy. Doesn't it seeem that now Hasbro starts showing people that ponies for everyone and not just for girls?.. I hope for it, but they already made MLP not just for girls ins season 4-5, bhah.

More you can see in the interview there - http://pulse.hasbro.com/en-us/news/article?article=mlp_new_ground_with_the_guardian .

f61ae0.pngOh damn, for some mouse doubleclick reason my topic is duplecated, i'm sorry.... Can someone try to remove it?..

Edited by IvaCatheriaNoid

This is definitely interesting to see, though, the catch to this is that the image portrays them with not only a big, badass dragon, but a male dragon. No ponies are in the shot. Sadly, we may not see that for a long, long time. While I would LOVE to think that this shows progressive tendencies, without any ponies being in the shot, it doesn't convince me as much, but it could be a start. 

• Brohoof 1

It's an interesting release. I like that Hasbro is trying to expand the brand to continue to capitalize on audiences that the show already hooked, and these toy designs are very interesting. Action figures were probably one of the most requested toys since this fandom started, and even though it took them 6 years, it's fun to see Hasbro finally catch up to that.

Meh if the cartoon starts pandering towards boys and becomes a girl and boy show then the magic is gone. Looks like this show is just digging itself further and further.

The only thing that could bury the show are bad writers.

• Brohoof 3

Whether we like it or not, we can't deny that this is a huge step forward for Hasbro and Pony. This might result in much higher quality toys and merchandise. In the next couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to find a pony shirt in the boy's section of clothing stores.

sig-4376104.guardians+of+Harmony+Spike.p

sig-4376104.afb481.pngSome days after new Guradians Of Harmone toys release Hasbro published some new figure photos. But on one of the photos we can see a girl playing with Spike-defender toy with the boy. Doesn't it seeem that now Hasbro starts showing people that ponies for everyone and not just for girls?.. I hope for it, but they already made MLP not just for girls ins season 4-5, bhah.

More you can see in the interview there - http://pulse.hasbro.com/en-us/news/article?article=mlp_new_ground_with_the_guardian .

sig-4376104.f61ae0.pngOh damn, for some mouse doubleclick reason my topic is duplecated, i'm sorry.... Can someone try to remove it?..

I'm interested by this, and it seems like a cool idea. Also how did you get the Eqg emotes ?

@@IvaCatheriaNoid. Hey there. As the subject of your topic relates to MLP/Hasbro, I'm moving it to Sugarcube Corner :)

4ae92f.pngOh yay, thank you for help, sunny!..

I'm interested by this, and it seems like a cool idea. Also how did you get the Eqg emotes ?

4b0ff0.pngYay, Hasbro impactly to action right now and theit actions are pretty good!..

e71fb6.pngAbout EQG emotions: send me private message and i will tell you how i got them, sunny.

That's fascinating. I don't think it will impact the show in any way, but expanding marketing to include both genders is a good start. Maybe one day it won't be just fans producing men's sized t-shirts and other such clothing items.

Originally, MLP wasn't just for little girls. Bonnie Zacherle founded it as a unisex franchise and supports the brony fandom. I don't know how much Guardians of Harmony'll impact the whole toyline, but it'll hopefully create a ripple across the toy industry.

• Brohoof 2

What's the worst case scenario here? Boys see the adverts and decide they like ponies, too? More dumb human in equestria fics are written, but from the perspective of children rather than old men? We get another surge of the kind of OCs Blood Banana and Donut Steel make fun of? Spike becomes more than the show's favourite punchline?

Liking something because you shouldn't like it and hating it when it gets popular is as shallow as liking something because you should, and hating it when it gets unpopular.

afb481.pngIf really, nobody knows, but fanfictions its just some text writened by someone, so nothing so bad. And we always can mae fun of something, so same nothing bad. Edited by IvaCatheriaNoid

afb481.pngIf really, nobody knows, but fanfictions its just some text writened by someone, so nothing so bad. And we always can mae fun of something, so same nothing bad.

Only make fun of something if it's a badly-made parody. If it's an honest attempt, you should try to help the guy get better.

• Brohoof 1

Meh if the cartoon starts pandering towards boys and becomes a girl and boy show then the magic is gone. Looks like this show is just digging itself further and further.

... The show has ALWAYS been a girl and boy show.

Why do you think bronies exist? Everyone can enjoy it.

It's just that Hasbro as only ever marketed the toys towards girls.

• Brohoof 5