Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming You suck at FPS, but are good at TPS?

TheMarkz0ne

Anyone here who sucks at first person shooters? I have always been awful, not shamed to admit it. I am not the worst, but they're not my preference. I actually do much better for third person shooters, like Uncharted 2 was one of the only multiplayer games I dominated in back in the day. I can't explain why though, just wanted to share. 

• Brohoof 1

I was pretty good at Halo, and I'm decent tin Star Wars Battlefront (which prefer to I play on first person, not third), but I'm terrible at COD style shooters. 

I'm also not bad at GTA online. That has some deathmatch game modes. 

I don't play too many competitive shooter games, though.

Edited by El Duderino

I'm pretty good with FPS's in a non-competitive environment. I can beat most campaigns on the highest difficulty, but the second I go into a multiplayer match I get immediately stomped on.

If I were put in a CSGO match of any level, I'd probably be in tears after 10 minutes.

I am absolutely terrible at FPS games... But I like to think I'm decent at Splatoon (I hovered around the B+ rank before the update that added S rank... and then my progress on all my games was reset by my brother messing with the profile memory on my Wii U... including over 100 hours in Hyrule Warriors and Monster Hunter, at least 50 hours of Splatoon, every flagpole, sticker, and green star in Super Mario 3D World, etc.... I was not happy with him....)

Personally I find the opposite is true.. If don't really like third person shooters much.. I mean.. I CAN play it, but I really prefer FPS over TPS..

Maybe it's because it's more immersive.. Maybe because it's more realistic for shooters games to limit your vision to what the shooter can actually see..

But yeah.. FPS over TPS, but that's just me :P

Maybe you should start a poll, it'd be interesting to see the TPS/FPS ratio..  :twi:

Edited by AURAequine

• 6 years later...