Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Anime fan club

Na11

I could not find an anime fan club here, that sucks and i will create my own.
Anime anime anime anime and manga of course.
Enjoy the gif.

c66b773833e750a210cb3ced500745e2.gif

What's anime?
Wikipedia says:
Anime (Japanese: アニメ?%5Banime%5D (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen))%5Ba%5D is Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation without regards to the nation of origin.%5B1%5D Outside Japan however, anime is used to refer specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes.%5B2%5D%5B3%5D Arguably, the stylization approach to the meaning may open up the possibility of anime produced in countries other than Japan.%5B4%5D%5B5%5D%5B6%5D For simplicity, many Westerners strictly view anime as an animation product from Japan.%5B3%5D Some scholars suggest defining anime as specifically or quintessentially Japanese may be related to a new form of orientalism.%5B7%5D

• Brohoof 5

I. Love. Anime.

My favorites:

• Soul Eater
  • Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
  • Fairy Tail (Still ongoing, guys!)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Death Parade
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Seraph of The End: Vampire Reign
  • Durarara!!
  • Free!
  • The Devil is A Part-Timer!
  • Food Wars!
  • Brohoof 3

I have been an anime fan for quite a long time actually, what got me into it was DBZ though the credit for the first I ever watched was Speed Racer though I didn't know until years later that Speed Racer was an anime or even had a concept of that at the time.It is hard to single out one favorite, DBZ has a special place in my heart and I still like it though I prefer the original Dragonball which I saw years after seeing DBZ. Also worth mentioning is Folktales from Japan which though is more of a series of stories doe give a lot of insight into ancient Japanese stories and legends, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Yu Yu Hakusho, Deathnote, Durarara and a few others.

Edited by Shanks
  • Brohoof 1

Me and my friend are obsessed with Anime. We're actually planning on going to Animeland Wasabi in Colorado this March. We're cosplaying as Ciel Phantomhive and Grell Sutcluff from black butler/Kuroshitsuji.

I only watch a few animes currently, but I want to expand my range.

I watch:

Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist

And I wanna start watching Soul Eater. (Once I'm done with Black Butler 2...)

Edited by SenpaiPinkamena
  • Brohoof 1

just about anything with swords

Madan no Ou to Vanadis (Lord Marksman and Vanadis)

• Episodes: 13
  • Aired: October 2014 – December 2014

During the medieval days, Western Europe was almost always in conflict. Lord Marksman and Vandadis is set during one of those wars. It follows the tale of Eleanora “Ellen” Vertalia, as she takes place in battle after battle, with the powerful weapon that the Black Dragon has gifted her.

While this is a good anime, it is not the best of the Sword and Sorcery anime on this list. What puts this anime into the Sword and Sorcery area is the fact that it is set in a medieval era and all of the action revolves around a war, where swords and sorcery is used.

10. Madan no Ou to Vanadis (Lord Marksman and Vanadis)

Madan-no-Ou-to-Vanadis-dvd2-300x373.jpg

During the medieval days, Western Europe was almost always in conflict. Lord Marksman and Vandadis is set during one of those wars. It follows the tale of Eleanora “Ellen” Vertalia, as she takes place in battle after battle, with the powerful weapon that the Black Dragon has gifted her.

While this is a good anime, it is not the best of the Sword and Sorcery anime on this list. What puts this anime into the Sword and Sorcery area is the fact that it is set in a medieval era and all of the action revolves around a war, where swords and sorcery is used.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis Fan Art

9. Hitsugi no Chaika (Chaika -The Coffin Princess)

hitsuginochaikaAvengingBattles-300x425.j

• Episodes: 22
  • Aired: April 2014 – December 2014

In a world where magicians and mechanics can coexist, war still manages to rear its ugly head. Chaika takes place five years after the last war. The Gaz Empire has settled into an after war peace. However, in all wars, there are those who are left behind wondering what happened to a loved one. Chaika - the Coffin Princess follows a 14 year old girl as she searches for the remains of her father. She carries around a coffin to bury him… once she finds him.

The horrors of war are most evident when they are out in the open. Taking place after a war, Chaiki – The Coffin Princess still revolves around the aftermath of that war. The main characters have to protect themselves against soldiers who have turned to bandits.

Hitsugi no Chaika Fan Art

8. Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Rage of Bahamut: Genesis)

Shingeki-no-Bahamut-300x405.jpg

• Episodes: 12
  • Aired: October 2014 – December 2104

When the world was ravished by a mad dragon and almost all life was destroyed. The prince of darkness, Satan teamed up with Zeus, the god of lightning, to put a stop the dragon. This happened long ago and the world had forgotten about it, only to have the dragons be reborn as Bahamut. Our heroes have to find a way to seal this dragon once more and save the world from its destruction.

Dragons are always loved… or feared in anime. Either they are saviors or mindless beasts. The Dragons in Rage of Bahamut are beautifully animated and the action in the anime is great.

Shingeki-no-Bahamut-Genesis-end-card-560Shingeki no Bahamut Fan Art

7. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

magi-dvd.jpg

• Episodes:
  • Aired: October 2012 – March 2013

When we hear the world “Aladdin” we might be thinking of a blue genie and the voice of wisdom that was behind the blue buffoon. The anime Magi takes place in a strange land where a mysterious ruin is supposed to hold a priceless treasure. Aladdin, the main character, heads off to beat this dungeon and claim the treasure for himself.

This anime may be a little slow in the first season, however the second season, The Kingdom of Magic, picks up and takes you on an adventure that you will love to travel. Even though the setting of this anime is more of the Arabian Nights style, the use of swords in combat is constant. Not to mention that there is more myths surrounding the magic used by djinn and others spirits of the Arabian deserts.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Fan Art

6. Sword art Online

sword-art-online-dvd-300x407.jpg

• Episodes: 25
  • Aired: July 2012 – December 2012

Without even knowing who you are, you most likely have played World of Warcraft. If you haven’t played it, then you have heard of it. Though, if you haven’t heard of it, tell me your internet provider, because I need to know who services people living under rocks. Sword art Online is a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), where the sword rules and magic flies. The only problem with the game, is that those who enter, only come out when they win… or die.

While Sword Art Online is an anime about a game, it still falls into the category of a sword and sorcery anime, because of where the majority of the anime takes place.

With all Sword and Sorcery adventures, you have people on a quest. Games have quests so that players will know where to go and what to do. The players of Sword Art Online are trapped within the game so their quests are real “Life and Death” situations.

Sword art Online Fan Art

Madan no Ou to Vanadis (Lord Marksman and Vanadis)

10. Madan no Ou to Vanadis (Lord Marksman and Vanadis)sig-4381817.Madan-no-Ou-to-Vanadis-dvd2-

Madan no Ou to Vanadis Fan Art

9. Hitsugi no Chaika (Chaika -The Coffin Princess)sig-4381817.hitsuginochaikaAvengingBattl

• Episodes: 22
  • Aired: April 2014 – December 2014
In a world where magicians and mechanics can coexist, war still manages to rear its ugly head. Chaika takes place five years after the last war. The Gaz Empire has settled into an after war peace. However, in all wars, there are those who are left behind wondering what happened to a loved one. Chaika - the Coffin Princess follows a 14 year old girl as she searches for the remains of her father. She carries around a coffin to bury him… once she finds him.

The horrors of war are most evident when they are out in the open. Taking place after a war, Chaiki – The Coffin Princess still revolves around the aftermath of that war. The main characters have to protect themselves against soldiers who have turned to bandits.

Hitsugi no Chaika Fan Art

8. Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Rage of Bahamut: Genesis)sig-4381817.Shingeki-no-Bahamut-300x405.

• Episodes: 12
  • Aired: October 2014 – December 2104
When the world was ravished by a mad dragon and almost all life was destroyed. The prince of darkness, Satan teamed up with Zeus, the god of lightning, to put a stop the dragon. This happened long ago and the world had forgotten about it, only to have the dragons be reborn as Bahamut. Our heroes have to find a way to seal this dragon once more and save the world from its destruction.

Dragons are always loved… or feared in anime. Either they are saviors or mindless beasts. The Dragons in Rage of Bahamut are beautifully animated and the action in the anime is great.sig-4381817.Shingeki-no-Bahamut-Genesis-Shingeki no Bahamut Fan Art

7. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicsig-4381817.magi-dvd.jpg

• Episodes:
  • Aired: October 2012 – March 2013
When we hear the world “Aladdin” we might be thinking of a blue genie and the voice of wisdom that was behind the blue buffoon. The anime Magi takes place in a strange land where a mysterious ruin is supposed to hold a priceless treasure. Aladdin, the main character, heads off to beat this dungeon and claim the treasure for himself.

This anime may be a little slow in the first season, however the second season, The Kingdom of Magic, picks up and takes you on an adventure that you will love to travel. Even though the setting of this anime is more of the Arabian Nights style, the use of swords in combat is constant. Not to mention that there is more myths surrounding the magic used by djinn and others spirits of the Arabian deserts.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Fan Art

6. Sword art Onlinesig-4381817.sword-art-online-dvd-300x407

• Episodes: 25
  • Aired: July 2012 – December 2012
Without even knowing who you are, you most likely have played World of Warcraft. If you haven’t played it, then you have heard of it. Though, if you haven’t heard of it, tell me your internet provider, because I need to know who services people living under rocks. Sword art Online is a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), where the sword rules and magic flies. The only problem with the game, is that those who enter, only come out when they win… or die.

While Sword Art Online is an anime about a game, it still falls into the category of a sword and sorcery anime, because of where the majority of the anime takes place.

With all Sword and Sorcery adventures, you have people on a quest. Games have quests so that players will know where to go and what to do. The players of Sword Art Online are trapped within the game so their quests are real “Life and Death” situations.

Sword art Online Fan Art

Thank you so very, very much

just about anything with swords

Okay, I can name a few recommendations. First up is Claymore, in this universe humans are hunted and eaten by these demons called "yoma" but these demons don't go unchallenged as they are hunted by these half human half yoma hybrids called "claymores". These claymores as their name implies do in fact use claymore broad swords as their main weapons. Roroni Kenshin is set in Meiji Era Japan and stars a samurai named Kenshin who has vowed to never kill again and has even designed a special reverse blade katana to help him keep that vow and still be able to defend himself. Samurai Champloo is set in Japan during the Edo Era, the three main characters who are a serious and somewhat uptight ronin, a trouble making vagabond and a former waitress all team up to find the mysterious "sunflower samurai" and meet with quite a bit of trouble along the way. One final recommendation is if you don't mind blood, gore, relatively dark stories and a story with a rather tragic ending Afro Samurai. Afro Samurai is a joint American and Japanese production about revenge, Afro Samurai is on a journey to challenge the worlds strongest man to get revenge for him killing his father.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy watching anime, but my interest in the medium sort of comes and goes. My favorite anime series of all time would be Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Death Note, Knights of Sidonia, Madoka Magica, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Watamote.

Just out of curiosity, is any one else watching a series called Erased? I think it's a pretty good, especially if you enjoy watching suspenseful anime series like Death Note.

I frikkin love anime, some of my favs are Erased, Madoka Magica, Death Parade and Ano Hana.

Just out of curiosity, is any one else watching a series called Erased?

YEAH! It's the bomb, it gives me so many feelings. Edited by Collibri

I've watched a few anime series....

Haikyuu

Hunter x Hunter (1999 and 2011)

Soul Eater

Ace no Diamond

Big Windup

Durarara

Code Geass

Tokyo Ghoul

Welcome to the NHK

Noragami

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Sword Art Online

Assassination Classroom

No.6

Pandora Hearts

Black Butler

Ok there's probably a few more but my mind cant keep up right now.

• Brohoof 1

I really like anime and manga. Should post a gif as well.

sig-4388799.sig-4380387.tumblr_o2161nV5J

Explosion! Megumi is cute.

You call that an explosion? Check out my girl Lina Inverse. I intentionally posted the English dub, because Lisa Ortiz is so cool! I met her once, and she's really nice. "Slayers" is also on of my favorite anime.

And here's something very silly from "Slayer's Next". Lina and Amelia think they're unlocking a secret powerful magic!

LOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

You call that an explosion? Check out my girl Lina Inverse. I intentionally posted the English dub, because Lisa Ortiz is so cool! I met her once, and she's really nice. "Slayers" is also on of my favorite anime.

Dayumn, that's a nice explosion although I was quoting Megumin. I haven't watched Slayers yet, definitely will check it out someday.