Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

offering critique Art Tutoring(advice, help and more)

sig-4389223.sig-4389223.sig-4389223.s0yi

Hello, artists!

I have made this purely because I love art and helping people, so thought I'd combine them. I wish to offer my help to my fellow artists any way I can! What's the best program to use? How do you do detailed hair? Can you show me how you did this? Do you have any art advice? Anything you'd like, feel free to ask and if you don't feel like posting it publicly, feel free to message me and we can talk privately.

I've been drawing digitally for around three years give or take, my memory is honestly terrible. I still class myself as a beginner as I have a lot to learn about art but I've came a long way from where I once was due to practising a lot. I just wish I had a sort of mentor when I first started out so help my learn faster, most of it I had to learn myself or go to google for help. 

My artistic motto is;

There is no wrong way of doing art.

Here's some of my own artwork;

sig-4381445.moonstone_by_tinyteadrinker-sig-4381445.manesix_by_tinyteadrinker-d9sig-4381445.kristen_leanne_by_tinyteadrisig-4381445.crystal_magic_by_tinyteadrinsig-4381445.i_m_sleepy_by_tinyteadrinkersig-4381445.sleepyaxew2_by_tinyteadrinkesig-4381445.glitterbrightcommission2_by_

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll try my very best to help you any way I can!

Edited by Guest

I would like to ask you a few q's ^-^ I have been a vector artist for about a couple years now and wonder how do you go about making your art? Do you use a tablet of some sort? I just got a tablet and still trying to figure out the works.

Also what program do you use? I know that art like yours and other artists use programs that you pay for where as I only use gimp which I got for free. What would you recommend best for purchasing or free software?

Do you do your art just off the top of your head or do you use references? I find myself using many references.

How long does it usually take to complete a piece of work?

Last question, how do you have such small images yet they hold the detail still? I usually do my vectors at 2000x2000 pixels but if I were to scale it down it becomes pixelated. I'm assuming its because of the program I use but just curious if you have an idea as to why xD

Thank you for taking the time to read this!  :)

@@Spacey

Do you use a tablet of some sort?

Wacom Bamboo, I believe all tablets are the same, none makes you any better than you already are so it doesn't really matter what tablet you have it's how you use it.

Also what program do you use?

Paint Tool SAI, I highly recommend this program.

Do you do your art just off the top of your head or do you use references?

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, I guess if I find some inspiration from a photo I'll use it as a reference or for something like a pose but that's about it, most of the time I draw without references. Although I do believe references are an amazing way to help you draw, the more the better! As long as you aren't tracing/stealing their work down to the last detail and just using it for reference reasons than it's more than fine.

How long does it usually take to complete a piece of work?

It depends on the detail of the artwork but my average drawings take around six or seven hours, really detailed works can take me days.

How do you have such small images yet they hold the detail still?

I too draw in 2000 x 2000 but when I make it smaller there's two options in SAI, one where it makes it blurred and the other just smaller but still the quality I drew in. Try this website, it works for me to make things smaller without ruining the image. 

Hope this helped you! ; v ;

@@TinyTeaDrinker,

Thanks bunches for the quick response, I looked at a tutorial video for Paint Tool SAI and it seems to be a pretty good program. What I really enjoy is the stabilizer cause if I use my tablet in gimp my lines are very shaky. Thanks also for the other advice, I will for sure use it in the future! I know it will cut my time in half  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea how to create digital art with Paint? Thats the only program I have, and my art really sucks, being inexperienced beginner and all.

Microsoft paint? I've never worked with that program for art so my advice wouldn't be that good honestly. I'd focus on using the shape tools more than the pen tools and it may be best to do a drawing on paper and opening it into Microsoft paint and tracing over it and filling in the colour. I hope this helped.