Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Emi's Father's Day Adventure! (Closed)

Emi Pony

I'm going to redo this post about the game by making a new forum about it..As of right now, this forum is closed..There will be a NEW updated better forum concerning this game idea under the same title, so please look out for that. Hopefully when I make the new update it will be better thought out and more organized. I have a pretty bad habit of getting excited about a new project, and then posting it to soon before all details were well thought out. For now, the project will be closed until I can think of a newer, better, update.

Thank you for reading everypony..I hope to bring you the updated news about the game soon.

Edited by Emi Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Is it just programming you need help with or is there other stuff that's needs to be done?

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't realize anyone had commented on this post yet! (Must have been the way I had everything set up in my settings. lol) Anyway, yes! Programming would be the main thing I would need. (Like the player being able to move the character around, talking to other ponies, ect.) Also, if I could find an artist to make anime styled ponies that would also be a plus.  :love:

I can probably help with sound design and any voice acting that is required.

I picture this as being more of "text only" kinda game...But sound design would be good. Like if the ponies pick up certain items within the game, and so on.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Oh, um...Okay! I can't see what you posted before, but...Thank you!

Yeah sorryl...i wanted to help out myself but i can't. Sorry. Anyway i will still give you the advice you din't get to read XD

You want to be able to post the game online and don't want anything fancy so o sugget you use AS3(Flash) for code related stuff. I offered myself to do the code if that position is still free but i don't have that much experience with games and its better if someone more capable does it.

Yeah sorryl...i wanted to help out myself but i can't. Sorry. Anyway i will still give you the advice you din't get to read XD

You want to be able to post the game online and don't want anything fancy so o sugget you use AS3(Flash) for code related stuff. I offered myself to do the code if that position is still free but i don't have that much experience with games and its better if someone more capable does it.

Ah, I see! Well, sadly I know absolutely nothing about coding...So, I would need someone who knows how to do that for sure...The only thing I can contribute to this project is story, art design, and character design. Which is why for everything else I need a LOT of help. 

I understand...well as soon as i get home i'll try to make a "prototype" and i will present it to you when is done. I can probably finish it today too because there is not much to do but...i will see what i can do. However, do you want a 2D top-down or side-scroller?

And so you have any art at all done for the game?

Also you can design your own game with something like Game Maker Studio. Its free and drag-and-drop style interface so you can make your game as you wish. You can also use GM language (i think its called that) to code if thats what you want. It also comes with already built in functions that are very useful.

Only problem you will have is that i'm not sure if you can export it for web without buying it, but i'm sure you can export it as an executable. There's also a splash screen with the Game Maker Studio logo for the free version.

I understand...well as soon as i get home i'll try to make a "prototype" and i will present it to you when is done. I can probably finish it today too because there is not much to do but...i will see what i can do. However, do you want a 2D top-down or side-scroller?

And so you have any art at all done for the game?

Also you can design your own game with something like Game Maker Studio. Its free and drag-and-drop style interface so you can make your game as you wish. You can also use GM language (i think its called that) to code if thats what you want. It also comes with already built in functions that are very useful.

Only problem you will have is that i'm not sure if you can export it for web without buying it, but i'm sure you can export it as an executable. There's also a splash screen with the Game Maker Studio logo for the free version.

Oh cool! Thank you! That would be awesome! Hm...Well, I'll gather some of the content up and send you a PM with all the details, is that okay? I do better at showing people examples than I do explaining them. lol

Oh cool! Thank you! That would be awesome! Hm...Well, I'll gather some of the content up and send you a PM with all the details, is that okay? I do better at showing people examples than I do explaining them. lol

Okey...then i guess i'll make a top down prototype? I didn't feel like doing anything after i came home but i'll start working on it tonight...

Okey...then i guess i'll make a top down prototype? I didn't feel like doing anything after i came home but i'll start working on it tonight...

Um...One question..What is a "top down prototype" exactly? XD 

Um...One question..What is a "top down prototype" exactly? XD

I'm talking about the view. Just send me a detailed message about how you want your game. I wasn't able to start working on it because i fell asleep and woke up in the morning so i will just start working on the game itself and send you a demo when ready. Sorry...

I'm talking about the view. Just send me a detailed message about how you want your game. I wasn't able to start working on it because i fell asleep and woke up in the morning so i will just start working on the game itself and send you a demo when ready. Sorry...

Oh no no! That's fine! I was just trying to find people to help me with it for now! I don't need anything done right away! XD

Oh no no! That's fine! I was just trying to find people to help me with it for now! I don't need anything done right away! XD

Just realized that father's day is some time in June so we do have a lot of time. So yeah...start designing your game, plan it out, write your ideas down and combine them, get the bad ones out and keep the good ones, make a visual representation of how you want your game to look (don't make art, something simple so the other people you work with can have a reference) and we will work it out from there.

Just realized that father's day is some time in June so we do have a lot of time. So yeah...start designing your game, plan it out, write your ideas down and combine them, get the bad ones out and keep the good ones, make a visual representation of how you want your game to look (don't make art, something simple so the other people you work with can have a reference) and we will work it out from there.

Okay, sounds good! I'll start working on it and planning some things out. It shouldn't take much longer to find and send some examples. =) I'm excited for this game! To see it come to life would be amazing...So, thank you for being willing to help with this...This means a lot to me.  :kindness:

Okay, sounds good! I'll start working on it and planning some things out. It shouldn't take much longer to find and send some examples. =) I'm excited for this game! To see it come to life would be amazing...So, thank you for being willing to help with this...This means a lot to me.  :kindness:

No problem. I'm glad that i can help :3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way I can help make this game happen. So far I like the game concept and I have some ideas on how the game could work. I'm not sure how far the progress is but I'd like to support you on making the game.

Now I'm sure that there's already work being done on the programming and stuff, but I think it'd be cool if instead of just making concept art or just pointing out something that may or may not work in the game for you, I could make playable concepts and demos for it, or even the game itself. I don't intend on replacing anyone's already made progress though, this is your game after all and anyone's work should be appreciated if it helps you. I can upload what I'd have to show and it'd be playable in the browser so you wouldn't have to download it just to see what it is.

I'm wondering what the main character looks like, is there any chance you could show a picture of how you'd like her appearance in the game? Reason why I ask is that I'd have to use a placeholder for her if I don't know, or I could at least try to find/make sprites that would work for her if I knew. I'm planning on making my work on a platformer or sidescrolling perspective, that way I don't have to worry about all the characters having to be able to face multiple directions and stuff like that.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask them, I could help you with information and resources on your game if you want as well. I hope to be helpful to you and anyone else on this project. :)

• Brohoof 1

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way I can help make this game happen. So far I like the game concept and I have some ideas on how the game could work. I'm not sure how far the progress is but I'd like to support you on making the game.

Now I'm sure that there's already work being done on the programming and stuff, but I think it'd be cool if instead of just making concept art or just pointing out something that may or may not work in the game for you, I could make playable concepts and demos for it, or even the game itself. I don't intend on replacing anyone's already made progress though, this is your game after all and anyone's work should be appreciated if it helps you. I can upload what I'd have to show and it'd be playable in the browser so you wouldn't have to download it just to see what it is.

I'm wondering what the main character looks like, is there any chance you could show a picture of how you'd like her appearance in the game? Reason why I ask is that I'd have to use a placeholder for her if I don't know, or I could at least try to find/make sprites that would work for her if I knew. I'm planning on making my work on a platformer or sidescrolling perspective, that way I don't have to worry about all the characters having to be able to face multiple directions and stuff like that.

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask them, I could help you with information and resources on your game if you want as well. I hope to be helpful to you and anyone else on this project. :)

Thank you very much that would be great! And hm...Well...I was kind of hoping the pony characters would be able to go up down, left right, ect. XD (Sorry I'm a bit puzzled about what you mean by side scrolling. XD") And yeah, I'm currently working on the look of the pony characters, as well as working on some designs for what the games BG will look like. I can show you all of this stuff when I'm done with it, and then you could work on a demo thing if you like. :)  I'll also work on a kind of "animation" that will give those who will be working on the game an idea of how I picture the characters moving, and such. I'm doing all I can to complete a lot of the more "basic" stuff, so the game programmers and such will have something to go on, or an idea of what I'm looking for in gameplay and such.  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Thank you very much that would be great! And hm...Well...I was kind of hoping the pony characters would be able to go up down, left right, ect. XD (Sorry I'm a bit puzzled about what you mean by side scrolling. XD") And yeah, I'm currently working on the look of the pony characters, as well as working on some designs for what the games BG will look like. I can show you all of this stuff when I'm done with it, and then you could work on a demo thing if you like. :)  I'll also work on a kind of "animation" that will give those who will be working on the game an idea of how I picture the characters moving, and such. I'm doing all I can to complete a lot of the more "basic" stuff, so the game programmers and such will have something to go on, or an idea of what I'm looking for in gameplay and such.  :ph34r:

I should of mentioned that I can also do the kind of game you're talking about (characters moving up, down, left, and right on the screen). I wasn't sure how you would prefer it so I was just saying what I would do at the time, but information does help me figure out what you want in the game. :P If you're wondering what I meant by side scroller (platformer), its when the player can move left and right normally, but moving up and down requires doing things like jumping, falling, climbing stuff, and flying around the environment for example. I believe you're looking more for a top down perspective kind of game, where the player can move freely around the environment (which allows up, down, left, and right movement). The reason why it's called top down perspective is because you can see the ground from above your character, kinda like you was looking down from the sky to the ground below.

Anyway its good to hear you're gathering up resources and ideas you're wanting for the game, it should give us a better image of what the game would be. I'll be happy to see what you have when you're able to show it. :)

Edited by TekkBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I should of mentioned that I can also do the kind of game you're talking about (characters moving up, down, left, and right on the screen). I wasn't sure how you would prefer it so I was just saying what I would do at the time, but information does help me figure out what you want in the game. :P If you're wondering what I meant by side scroller (platformer), its when the player can move left and right normally, but moving up and down requires doing things like jumping, falling, climbing stuff, and flying around the environment for example. I believe you're looking more for a top down perspective kind of game, where the player can move freely around the environment (which allows up, down, left, and right movement). The reason why it's called top down perspective is because you can see the ground from above your character, kinda like you was looking down from the sky to the ground below.

Anyway its good to hear you're gathering up resources and ideas you're wanting for the game, it should give us a better image of what the game would be. I'll be happy to see what you have when you're able to show it. :)

Ah okay! Thanks for answering my question!

And I can't wait to show you!  :love:

• Brohoof 1

You're welcome. I hope my explanation helps you in someway or another. :fluttershy:

(I changed my display name, just saying ahead of time so I don't end up confusing you too much.)

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know!

If dis is still a thing, I can do rarity's va

Thank you for the offer...But the game is text only so...Sorry, no voice acting for this one. :(  

• Brohoof 1