Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do video games frustrate you easily?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I don't really see the point in getting frustrated with something that I'm doing for entertainment, I wouldn't exactly play something frustrating for entertainment, and I play video games to be entertained, so it's kind of a vicious cycle of "no".

• Brohoof 1

Only ones that are competitive. I do not like competitive games since they have a chance of pissing me off.

• Brohoof 1

At times they have,   like when it comes to puzzles in the games that seem to take to long and slow down the playtime.  Or you keep getting a boss that is super hard to kill and you have leveled up like crazy and still die in moments of nearly killing the boss.

• 4 months later...

Easily? Not really. I'll get frustrated a bit if I lose a level repeatedly. Sometimes say a couple choice words if I'm getting my ass kicked on a boss fight. Eventually, I'll take a break and can usually beat a tough boss battle afterwards. It helps a ton to not be frustrated.

No not really I’m usually a calm Person when it comes to video games. Unless you count the mlp gameloft game.

Edited by Pip plup 3456

I don't really have an anger issue with vidyas. If I'm playing competitive and get tilted I'll just swap to something else. Granted I get frustrated if a glitch or something unintentional kills me :okiedokieloki:

Pokemon games frustrate me at times... mostly because I think the NPC battles are rigged, especially gym leader battles and such. It just seems like they tend to overpower the NPCs more and make the games harder on purpose. 

Yes and no. I can throw myself at a difficult stage for hours as long as it's a fair fight. I don't mind difficult platformer levels or even bullet hells; a good challenge can be a lot of fun. If the main enemy is the game mechanics however, I get really frustrated pretty quickly.

Some examples of an "unfair fight":

• Stupid partner AI. (ie: prevent your ally from dying as they ram headfirst into everything.)
  • Poor controls. (Luigi's Mansion 3DS, I'm glaring at you and your stupid thumbstick.)
  • Ridiculous luck/impossible odds. Always in favour of the CPU, of course.
  • Brohoof 1

I won't say that, but there are a few frustrating moments when if you noticed a bug from the day one of the major patch you better get used to it because game developers are never going to fix it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah certain games tend to have that effect on me, but only if I feel like I died/lost unfairly to some crap, then I start to get mad REAL DAMN QUICK:stressed:

But I tend to stop playing not long after. No point in continuing to play a game that I'm not enjoying at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

They used to when I was little. I would cry and scream about it and feel kinda miserable afterwards. I still get a little frustrated sometimes when I lose in a game (like Super Mario 64 :glimmer:), but mostly I just move on with my life.

• Brohoof 2

On 11/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, Elyrse said:

They don’t unless I’ve been stuck on the same level for months. Even if I take fall damage I go berserk 

Damn, why would you waste so much time on a game that you'd spend months on it? I'd just move on and tell the game developers to eat a dick. :P

4 hours ago, MargatroidCA said:

Yeah certain games tend to have that effect on me, but only if I feel like I died/lost unfairly to some crap, then I start to get mad REAL DAMN QUICK:stressed:

But I tend to stop playing not long after. No point in continuing to play a game that I'm not enjoying at the moment.

I find dying to things out of your control to be mostly laughable. It's just like "well that happened lol"

Depends how its frustrating me

Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy back on the Spectrum - they required pixel perfect timing and were simply rather hard games

Getting off the D-Day beach in one of the early COD/BF games

Skulking around in Thief

Magic: the Gathering Duels of the Palneswalkers 2015 (and the others) - when you realise that the game has a theoretical advantage because of the cards it has access to. After starting the game and seeing the AI play some really cool cards and you think "I can't wait to unlock those" ...and you find that you're being trolled and players can't ever get those cards :( Maybe, that was annoying rather than frustrating. Maybe the limitations of the deckbuilding in the game were frustrating - not being able to have more than one mythic card or two rare cards of a particular named card "but i want four of those" :(

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Yes, unless I’m replaying something with no intention to beat it again

Calm down. You will complete FNAF3 one day :wacko:

Absolutely! Frustration is my game!
Many situations that are frustrating are actually difficult when they didn't have to, such as having to jump over a bottomless pit, one mistake and you'll Game Over, and for some reason the jump button doesn't do what it was supposed to do. That is the frustration I am talking about! :glimmer:

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Calm down. You will complete FNAF3 one day :wacko:

Absolutely! Frustration is my game!
Many situations that are frustrating are actually difficult when they didn't have to, such as having to jump over a bottomless pit, one mistake and you'll Game Over, and for some reason the jump button doesn't do what it was supposed to do. That is the frustration I am talking about! :glimmer:

*adjusts glasses very dramatically*

I’ll have you know, I beat FNAF 3 :mustache:

There’s a bunch of Mario games I’ve had for years but never beat, though. Not unless they have white raccoon cheats