Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do video games frustrate you easily?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

It all depends on the games and difficulty of the game. The games that gave me Frustration Difficulties were

Yoshi's island 1 (SNES/GBA) and 2 (DS) - The Last world in terms of getting a perfect score.

Demon's Souls (PS3) - Yeah, I can see that game is frustrating for me.

Link's Adventure (NES) - Well I do hear that a lot of people say that this game is very hard and difficult so yeah it's pretty much frustrating.

Super Smash Bros (Wii, Wii-u, and 3DS) - I believe that Brawl's Boss Battles in intense difficulty gave me frustration, but mostly it came from tabuu. Classic 9.0 in Wii-u gave me frustration, but mostly it's the master core in tabuu wannabe form that gave me frustration easily with customizations on.

Final Fantasy XI (PC) - It's just that I'm frustrated with the drops including the items that I wanted.

and Maple Story (PC) - Getting a Party is what gave me frustration the most including getting a bishop, phantom, beast tamer, and kanna support although nexon killed the party play so it's pretty much frustrating to grind alone from this point on.

• Brohoof 1

It takes a lot for a game to even slightly annoy me, let alone outright frustrate me. It helps that I play video games so much that my natural ability is above the average curve so most games are pretty cakey.

• Brohoof 1

If I die like a lot for dumb reasons and stuff,  then I get angry and will turn it off.    That was in Persona 3 last week,  got killed like 4 times in a boss fight.... -_-

Yeah, Persona 3 (and SMT in general) is pretty unforgiving if you're not on top of your shit. I got stuck on the 7th full moon in P3FES because I had spent too much time trying to date 3 girls at once and not enough time grinding. Usually I could get through boss fights with strategic use of items (I beat the lightning boss while underleveled simply by abusing those reflect magic for 1 turn items and reading his pattern). But I can't beat this one.

Well, I'm usually calm when playing games, but there are certain situations where I can get really salty.

For example: 

A few days ago on Valentines Day I was playing some Fire Emblem. (For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a strategy game where your unit's lives matter a lot. If a unit dies, it's dead forever.)

I was supposed to talk to a certain enemy to recruit him, so I made a delicate plan to lure him away from his barbarian friends to be able to talk to him without getting the unit that was supposed to do the talking killed.

I placed a tanky unit in his range, and he fell for the bait. He approached, but I forgot that that character was a fast character, which resulted in my tanky man getting hit twice, which killed him.

I should really have seen that coming, but I didn't.

I was so incredibly salty after that, that I haven't touched the game since.

Which Fire Emblem was it? It's one of my favorite series, I could probably help.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a bit younger, I use to like yell at my friends for not cooperating with me, but after a while I realized I was raging at my friends and family over video games. As of now, I don't take video games seriously because video games are games! The whole purpose of a video game is to have fun and enjoyment! ^_^

Although yes I still sometimes get frustrated in certain points, which is why I try to avoid playing competitive games like CS:GO. But as of now, I only play co-op games with my friends or single-player games!  If you guys feel frustrated on something in a game, just try to remember your getting angry on just a video game! Take a break for a while and if you really hate the experience, then just stop playing! It's not worth getting frustrated for something not that important. :)

Edited by Mariotravel209
  • Brohoof 1

I only get frustrated with a game if I find myself having to retry a level over and over again, or if an enemy in the game is constantly striking me and not letting me get a hit in myself.

I don't get violent when games frustrate me, though. I don't throw the controller or anything like that.

The most I do is cuss at the screen!

:lol:

• Brohoof 1

Rotflmao Reminiscense Theater Presents:

*snickering*

My friend used to get violent towards the controller, though. When we played Iron Tank on the NES he would gnash and bite the controller when he got blown up, leaving teethmarks all over it. Then later when one of his other friends came over, noticed the teethmarks, and asked about it, the first friend glared at me like "Don't you dare tell him!". The other friend thought it was his dog that did it! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger, I had an extreme anger problem towards video games. I broke three of grandma's keyboards... I don't really get too angry at games anymore, so nobody will have to buy me new keyboards now. xD

• Brohoof 1

Ah, forgot to answer the question.

I get pretty ragey at times. I can tilt pretty hard in PvP games, and get a bit ragey, but I'm getting better at stopping myself from getting too bad.

The worst rage I've ever gotten from a game is from Soul Calibur 2. I broke two PS2 controllers on that game and don't play it anymore. I love fighting games, but I'm terrible at them. AI bullshitting me a few too many times.

I hate fake difficulty, such as luck-based nonsense, poor hitboxes, bad collission detection, lag, unfair mechanics... but I don't get angry enough to damage the game or controller. I'm more of a "Realize when something is futile and quit" kind of guy.

Yes and no. I mean, if I'm playing Dark Souls and die twice before retrieving my bloodstain I will NOT be a happy camper. But if I'm playing Smash and lose to a good player, I'd just be happy to have seen someone that good in action. I have been told I'm a yeller either way tho lol :lol:

• Brohoof 1

They don't frustrate me easily, not much does.. Unless it's repetitive frustration..

Or the game is bugged or undeveloped and limits my ability to play.. :huh:

A LOT of the games I play are dev games, so i come across that often, and many

don't fix it for a long time and by then I've gotten bored and don't realize until I'm

bored enough to come back and play it only to realize there's been an update :P

• Brohoof 1

Which Fire Emblem was it? It's one of my favorite series, I could probably help.

It was Sacred Stones.

I had to recruit the first myrmidon. I just assumed that Franz would tank it, but in hindsight I should've healed him before I did that.

Games that heavily depend on rng are just... f**k those kind of games.

Welcome to Fire Emblem.

Gotta love that rng mixed with strategy. Aww yeah.

• 1 year later...

*BUMP* :P (because why not bump a thread from so long ago?)

I didn't used to when I was a kid, but now I do have issues with rage. It got so bad at one time a few months ago, that my computer sustained some actual damage because of it. Now I'm beginning to manage it better, it's always going to be there I think (and I feel like I have League's absolutely toxic community to thank for it). Though, luckily most of the time the only thing that happens is that I swear excessively. Also, most of the time it involves online multiplayer games, though I have raged at other games before.