Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do video games frustrate you easily?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

It really depends on the game. And usually it's a certain part of a game that gets me pissed off.

For instance, Metroid Prime 2, the Spider Guardian. The fight is incredibly annoying, as there's a lot of timing, like, you have to bomb him to stun him, which activates a bomb thing, which opens a path that sends him into a thing which shocks him, but if you wait too long it deactivates and you have to bomb him again. On top of that the next two parts of the fight require the boost ball and good timing, and then the last part requires bomb jump platforming, which gets annoying as well. On top of that he hits you for like, 30 damage, and if you die, you have to trek all the way from the last save point, which was a bit of a ways, and you'll probably have to get the cobalt gates unlocked again. And then grapple through the light temple and platform back to the fight again.

Oh, and the majority of Sonic 06 highly frustrated me and I am surprised I finished it completely. That game was shit.

• Brohoof 1

Through my years, I have developed a notorious patience when it comes to games. I might be very loud about what I like and what I don't like, but I will rarely, if ever, get angry at games, no matter if they are single player or online. I mean, I do solo queue in online games most of the time, so I really have to not get angry if I want to have any hope of winning my games, heh :P

Games rarely frustrate me. There are few factors that DO frustrate me at times, like grinding for a rare drop item, or cheap deaths in the NES Castlevanias

• Brohoof 1

For me, I get mildly frustrated to where I'll curse or exclaim "Are you kidding me?!"

Usually the one thing that makes me mad is bad controls, or even okay controls that I just can't seem to use right.

If the game's just hard I'm actually fine with that. I'll try and try again until I get it (unless it's hard AND has bad controls, then I'm done).

If I get killed over and over by some random weak foe.  (I'ma talking about you Persona 3.....)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Depends. If I die too many times I do tend to ragequit. If the game itself is unfairly designed level-wise that it's nearly impossible NOT to get hit by enemies and obstacles e.g. Megaman X6 and Sonic 2006 then you have no idea how hard my rage-boner IS, but I'm making progress as I don't have it in me to have a rage-boner. That and horrifically mutilated delayed controls that would make any genre of a video game unplayable for me including Turn-Based and Strategy RPGs.

For the most part, my temper is balanced.

I get irritated with quite a few games, yeah.

I do have trouble controlling my anxiety when it comes to competitive online first person shooters like Call of Duty or Counter Strike, then sometimes I just become really pissed and self conscious with my aim, so I just avoid them. I wasn't always like that, being a former hardcore fan of playing UT and Halo CE online.

@Kyoshi Sometimes, there's a boss battle I've been stuck on recently in LoZ Skyward Sword. About the seventh boss in the game?? It's the second fight with the overly-dramatic, creepy, mercy-lacking  demon lord girahim ( his heart is full of rainbows ) .

The first stage of the battle is quite simply annoying, he's decided to slowly follow you around holding up a few daggers with magic, the look on his face majorly unsettling. You have to somehow hit the daggers he throws back at him and take the chance to slash ( them idiotic motion controls... )  rapidly while he stalls for a brief second, there are other openings of course where you can attack, such as when he throws a dagger you can attack him while he once again stalls, yet  60% of the time you do this he grabs your sword with his right hand, and you have to wiggle like a madman to break free from his grasp. 

The next part *shudders* is disturbing, he brings out two katana swords and is lightning quick, he dodges, teleports and simply is a ghost-ninja. Then if you look at him closely he often decides to lick his sword.

'...' 

At this point I was rage-slashing, swinging my wii remote and highly capable of injuring someone. As far as I know you have to wait for him to teleport, then jump down from the ceiling above you, where you have to quickly dodge before he lands that killer blow and attack him while his swords are imbedded (not for long) in the ground. *gasps for breath* he has counter attacks, where if you've decided to run in circles, dodging, he'll get his 'magic' daggers back out and they'll form a circle or an arch around you. You'll have to do a spin slice in the direction the daggers and you'll survive a little longer for more dagger throws.

i was: 

IMG_4612.GIF

(And yes, that is him... )

P.s you read all that?!?

Edited by OmbreInks

Overwatch when i get really unlucky and get multiple throwers, leavers, salty players, etc. in a row it slowly grinds my gears so i switch to osu so i'm not getting mad at others i get mad at my keyboard and mouse and fall on the floor and die after i miss the last few notes of a song and fail. Which for anyone who doesn't play Osu! Is the worst feeling ever

(edited)

I have a slightly big History with Games that have frustrated me really bad.

The oldest Game i remember where that happened is Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare, as a kid i never managed to beat that Game and while i dont remember anymore which part has pissed me off, i still remember that i broke the Game Cd.

Another Game that totally broke me was Jak 2 - Renegade, while i was able to beat that Game, i tried to get the Gold Medal in the first race and tried for hours, even with using shortcuts, but i never managed to beat that Race, i tried for so many Hours until i broke down and cried for a pretty long time. It really broke me.

Another Game that i totally hated was Ghostmaster - The Gravenville Chronicles, i hated the unfair difficulty and that its sometimes just based on pure luck if you win, so i smashed the Cd.

There are more examples, but i would just be repeating myself.

Nowadays, i still get frustrated at Games that are to difficult for me, specially Racing and Fighting Games, but i avoid the highest difficulty for now on, whats the point in playing something, that isnt fun? But as long as i avoid the highest difficulty, im fine.

Edited by Twilight Doll

• 1 month later...

I thought that after i completed all Dark Souls plus Bloodborne I was way past frustration, and the other day a Yokai kill me on Nioh and I lost like 33000 Amrita (souls) and i remembered that sensation.... I dint need to have sex because Dark Souls fucks me every day....and stuff 

I once broke my headphones in fury when playing Dark Souls 2. It's not my fault that some dummy wonderful person won me with the soup ladle thanks to lag. (Talking about 20 million soul memory tier). He was from China and it rubber banded so bad that he backstabbed me from across the iron bridge.

Spoiler

d2b.gif

Edited by Corvino

The games themselves? No. The communities? Depends on which it is, and which I actually interact with.

The League community is full of full-blown retards, feeders, trolls, assholes, whiners, boosted trash and trashtalkers.

Edited by Yakamaru

All the time- I go to game to unwind and loose myself, but if I die over and over in the same spot to the same enemies, that it  I'm finished 

Bloodborne was like this for me, played the opening part of the game for eight hours and go no where- no thanks! :D

• 9 months later...
(edited)

If I'm constantly being bombarded by unfair traps or if my controls don't work properly, then yes, I tend to get a little bit frustrated. 

Edited by Cash In

The only time a game stresses me out is when it has a game/quest breaking bug....Skyrim comes to mind....being unable to finish certain guild storylines because the very last missions are glitched out so badly that it crashes the game. Oh, I cant beat Fallout New Vegas because I triggered a quest too early? RAGE.