Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heels or flats?

ManaMinori

Personally, i despise heels. I despise the fact that it's hard to find nicer looking dress shoes or ankle boots without heels. And i despise the way heels completely disfigure the foot from its natural design.

Hees or flats for you guys? And why do you prefer this choice of shoe?

I'm a Converse girl for life. I got married in Converse. I went to prom in Converse. While I do have other shoes (like flats), I seldom wear anything else.

I medically can't wear heels, and even if I could, I'm so clumsy, I'd eat it if I tried to wear them. Not a pretty sight.

I like both ^.~ it completely depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. I personally don't find heels uncomfortable but that is after years of wearing them. When I completed my marathon having my feet flat on the ground killed my calf muscles (which had been overworked in that position for the 26 miles obviously XD) for days afterward and heels were the only thing that didn't make my calves ache horribly. ^^

* i definitely prefer flats. i have a few pairs of heels but i don't wear them due to the pain. the only pair of heels i will make an exception for are a pair of boots that are thick wedge heels. when you look at them and even wear them, they don't look or feel like heels.

I will wear either, but it usually depends on what i'm wearing.

When I do wear heels, I don't go for ones that are too large because they really hurt my feet.

• 4 years later...

I always wear heels. Usually between 6-8cm in height.

I just find heels more comfortable and they look a lot nicer. I mostly wear stiletto heels, but I also like wearing block heels. I'm not really a fan of wedge heels though.

Nuh uh. I refuse to wear heels I always find myself tripping and wobbling when I’ve tried them on for fun. Plus I hate the way they look. :ButtercupLaugh: 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, The Ultimate Bolt said:

Nuh uh. I refuse to wear heels I always find myself tripping and wobbling when I’ve tried them on for fun. Plus I hate the way they look. :ButtercupLaugh: 

Well men like you aren.'t supposed to be wearing heels, but what you like to wear is up to you :P

Imo girls that wear heels, are usually just trying to make themsleves look taller.

It doesn;t look practical to wear them and I'm sure that AJ would agree while Rarity would disagree :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I never understood the appeal of heels until I tried some on and I learned how it changes your posture to have a certain UwU possession appear larger. That said though given how uncomfortable they are really I can not really understand why someone would have some as like their everyday shoes that is.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

No heel for this guy. However, I actually have this one “goth” boots that like this (not the design specifically just the height aside from “heels”)

4084D594-4CF9-4C24-BEA3-D41287835C27.jpeg.508ffd9db5288111ea0167f2269be56a.jpeg
and wearing for the first time was pretty hard. But I got used it after wearing it a few times.

But yeah most of the time flat but I’ll accept boots as an exception. Since some men’s boots does have heels :dash:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I like heels very much. They’re great for work or any time I want to add a touch of elegance to a costume. I don’t wear stilettos or anything more than two inches; that’s just not my thing. I probably wear flats more often because they’re sensible and comfortable for extensive walking. Most of my heels aren’t very comfortable because most shoe brands tend to make a very narrow shoe, especially in heels. I have some older pairs that are lovely and very wide to fit my very wide feet, and I love them. If I ever break a heel on one of those, I’m sunk. I do have some boots with thicker, blockier heels that are more sturdy, but I mostly wear those at certain times of year like fall and winter only.

I like heels, but with my arthritis I have been told to be very careful wearing them. I really don't anymore, aside from a wedge heel I wear for concerts. I'm sad that I can't wear them much anymore, but I am glad I have that one place I still do. Thankfully, I have lots of cute flats to keep me happy!