Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular/uncommon video game opinions

BastementSparkle

1. Do you have a good sense of every console game ever? Do you really? Cos I don't think you dooooooooooo

2. Doom. I don't even need to begin to say anything more.

3. Cortana isn't naked. She just isn't wearing any clothes.

This is why it's in the Unpopular/Uncommon opinions topic.

-I like the Legend of Spyro series better than the original. 

-I don't understand why people like Undertale so much. 

-Fallout New Vegas is still the best Fallout Game

-I absolutely love the Modern Warfare series

-etc

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ocarina of Time isn't a bad game, but it's not even close to my favorites. I feel like the game's overworld just feels very bland and dry for me, plus the the combat in the game was just.. bleh. Doesn't help either that at least the original version of the game runs in 20FPS (yikes). In general, it just never really captured my interests or anything.

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony

-I like the Legend of Spyro series better than the original.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. It's really hard to find people who like Legend of Spyro. A lot of people hate it purely because it doesn't use the same formula. Sad.

Ocarina of Time isn't a bad game, but it's not even close to my favorites. I feel like the game's overworld just feels very bland and dry for me, plus the the combat in the game was just.. bleh. Doesn't help either that the game runs in 20FPS (yikes). In general, it just never really captured my interests or anything.

Personally I felt Twilight Princess was everything Ocarina of Time was trying to be. It just improved on it in every way.

-----

Here's an unpopular opinion for you: Lords of Shadow (and its sequels) is one of the best Castlevania games and is an amazing take on the lore of the original canon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

While I like RPGs in general, I realized that I don't like WRPG (Western RPG). I bought and never finished: Deus Ex HR and Fallout NV. Got bored too fast.

PSP is the best console I've played on. Sad PS Vita didn't pass on the success. Guess Sony was too ambitious about Vita. 

COD is very overhated. I remember still having fun playing all the games (until later half of 2013 when I part ways with my Xbox 360 ;_; )

I can't find the charm of LoZ. I bought Majora's Mask 3DS last year and I can't seem to like it. I deleted it weeks later and have never thought of getting it back.

Edited by Magnum Flare

Smash 4 is better than Melee

Mass Effect is really boring

I actually prefer the 3DS version of Metal Gear Solid 3

Metroid Other M isn't really that bad, not the greatest but not an abomination as some make it out to be

At the end of The Last of Us, I would not have done what Joel did if they gave me a choice not to

I can't really get into Kingdom Hearts, I liked some parts of enough to play quite a bit but nothing is really pulling me back

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find it an absolute shame that it's hard to enjoy games these days. Far too many people focus on the flaws of video gaming companies to the point where it's less about the games and more about stuff like how much GB a console holds or how much money a certain gaming appliance is. It's also to a point where some people feel pressured by these critics to not play anything at all.

Of course, I'm not saying that we should ignore these flaws and not all games are flawless, but some people just want to have fun and enjoy something for what it is. I've played many games that are heavily flawed and are panned by critics, but I still keep on playing because I just love how fun it is.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

I've got one:

I don't really see the need for Twilight Princess to get an HD remake. Wind Waker getting one made sense seeing as the Wii U wasn't backwards compatible with the Gamecube, but it is with the Wii which guess what? Twilight Princess is on the Wii. So if you want to play Twilight Princess, you can just play the Wii version on the Wii U.

While I like RPGs in general, I realized that I don't like WRPG (Western RPG). I bought and never finished: Deus Ex HR and Fallout NV. Got bored too fast.

PSP is the best console I've played on. Sad PS Vita didn't pass on the success. Guess Sony was too ambitious about Vita.

The Vita is the console to have if you like JRPGs. With games like Demon Gaze, Dungeon Travelers 2, Soul Sacrifice (if you even wanna call that an RPG :P ) and many, many more coming it's just been the best console this gen for me. It also has ports of a few other games like Hyperdimension Neptunia and shares games with the PS4 fairly often so if you don't have one of those the Vita can still be your friend.

(edited)

Thought of more.

-Gen 1 Pokemon is probably the worst one yet.

-I have never understood the appeal of the Legend of Zelda series, it just bores me from what I've seen of it.

-I like Jak and Daxter 1 better than Jak 2 or Jak 3

-I love every Assassin's Creed game no matter how bad any might be

-Endless Ocean and Endless Ocean Blue World are extremely underrated and my comfort games

-I actually liked the first two Skylanders but after that, they got really bad and repetitive. 

-PS2 is still the best console 

-I don't understand why games get remakes on different consoles. I can barely see a difference.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Edited by SquipyCheetah
  • Brohoof 1

Thought of more.

-Gen 1 Pokemon is probably the worst one yet.

-I have never understood the appeal of the Legend of Zelda series, it just bores me from what I've seen of it.

-I like Jak and Daxter 1 better than Jak 2 or Jak 3

-I love every Assassin's Creed game no matter how bad any might be

-Endless Ocean and Endless Ocean Blue World are extremely underrated and my comfort games

-I actually liked the first two Skylanders but after that, they got really bad and repetitive. 

-PS2 is still the best console 

-I don't understand why games get remakes on different consoles. I can barely see a difference.

I'll add more as I think of them.

<.< >.> Meanwhile the only Assassin's Creed I've found worth playing is Black Flag. The rest are so meh it hurts.

I've got one:

I don't really see the need for Twilight Princess to get an HD remake. Wind Waker getting one made sense seeing as the Wii U wasn't backwards compatible with the Gamecube, but it is with the Wii which guess what? Twilight Princess is on the Wii. So if you want to play Twilight Princess, you can just play the Wii version on the Wii U.

Wii games look terrible on the Wii U though. I'm not saying that TPHD is worth $60, but I am happy that they've done an HD remaster so I'll have a version that looks half-decent through my Wii U.

I have quite a few unpopular gaming opinions:

• Sonic Unleashed is one of, if not the best Sonic The Hedgehog games in my opinion.  :squee:
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are amazing, particularly Explorers Of Darkness/Time/Sky.
  • The Wii U is a great console.
  • I really do not enjoy horror games - maybe I'm just a wimp, though?
  • I don't really like Undertale (sorry  :please:.) Not to say it's not a great game, of course. I just don't personally enjoy it.  :kindness:
  • Brohoof 1

PS4 and XboxOne are rip offs designed to be as expensive as possible for players.

FPS are getting to the point where each new release only adds enough content or variety to warrant an update, rather than a whole new game.

The GBC Zelda Games are totally kickass

• Brohoof 1

More of a technical aspect about games, not just one in particular. The whole ability to make major gamma correction rather than a slight amount. It really puts certain games with players who abuse it at an unfair advantage that ends up ruining the entire game. It may be pitch black where I am hiding, but somehow you can see me clear as day being a little cheater. Hardly anybody complains about it and a great deal abuse it. Ridiculous  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

I have quite a few unpopular gaming opinions:

• Sonic Unleashed is one of, if not the best Sonic The Hedgehog games in my opinion.  :squee:
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are amazing, particularly Explorers Of Darkness/Time/Sky.
  • The Wii U is a great console.
  • I really do not enjoy horror games - maybe I'm just a wimp, though?
  • I don't really like Undertale (sorry  :please:.) Not to say it's not a great game, of course. I just don't personally enjoy it.  :kindness:

I'M NOT ALONE. I loved Sonic Unleashed, including the night stages. I'll take it a step further down the popularity pole and mention that I like the Wii/PS2 version considerably more than the PS360 one. :D

I should go back and actually finish the latter though. I got to the fifth world and stopped because stupid collectathon. :P

As for horror games, it's actually the wimps that enjoy it the most. They love to be scared and it gets them every time. Personally I play them for the gameplay more than anything which is probably why I like the newer Resident Evil games more than the older ones. Muuuuuuch better gameplay. I'd also contend that the original REs weren't that scary in the first place though.

PS4 and XboxOne are rip offs designed to be as expensive as possible for players.

Unfortunately if you wanna keep up with games you need at least one of them. More and more games are being exclusive to the new gen instead of having versions also on PS3 and 360. I honestly wish they'd stop doing that altogether as having to develop for both generations can, and likely is, dragging down the development of the superior versions.

I know people that are pissed about Star Ocean 5 getting both a PS4 and PS3 version but only the PS4 version is coming out of Japan. They don't want a PS4 at all so they're gonna end up missing out on it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want to add another thing to this:

Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1, looking back on it, it actually is very lackluster. There are plenty of incredibly stupid moments created just for the whole 'choice' aspect, but NONE of your choices mean anything in season 1. Literally. By the end of it, every choice you have made means nothing. Not to mention there are some terrible lines as well with really unlikable characters in a lot of it. 

I can't remember if anything else that was great came out in 2012, but I don't think TWD deserved that GOTY award, at all. 

Time to post mine.  :please:

I think SIlent Hill 2 is the Worst entry in the SIlent Hill Franchise. The Story is barely related to SIlent Hill at all and it feels more like a weird sidestory...that doesnt really madders that much. The Game could be called anything, it just doesnt feel like a typical Silent Hill to me. Some Places dont have Otherworlds and if they do, they look more grey and boring instead of rusty and bloody. The enemies all look like Humans and only one enemy Type really scared me.

I really miss the Typical messed up Silent Hill Monsters and the Bloody Other Worlds which are for the most part missing in SIlent Hill 2.

I mean, i even like SIlent Hill - The Arcade more.  :confused:

I think Sonic 06 is one of the best Sonic Games ever created. Not only are the cutscenes looking fantastic, i mean the cutscenes are Final Fantasy Quality, the Story is also more interesting than pretty much anything that happened in the Sonic franchise. Oh no, evil Eggman is trying to destroy the World again...find Chaos Emeralds...YAY!!

At least in Sonic 06, they actually tried to give us something new.

( please keep in mind, that i only played the first 2d Games,Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, which is the only other Game with a Story that actually interests me. Im pretty sure they are some Games with more interesting Storylines maybe, but i havent played that many Sonic Games. )

And the Gameplay...well, many say the Gameplay is horrible...but, i didnt experienced that. For me the game was fun.

And my last kinda unpopular Opinion :

I like the 3D Worms Games more than the 2D ones. The 3D ones just look much better in my Opinion and are way more fun.  :D