Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular/uncommon video game opinions

BastementSparkle

(edited)

-While it's not as bad as when it first came out, I honestly don't get the hate for the 2DS. A lot of people say stuff like "u can just turn the 3D off," but to be fair, it isn't for people to buy another 3DS. It's for people (like me) who want to get into the 3DS and it's great library but don't want to spend an extra $40 on a feature they're most likely not going to use. Plus, contrary to popular opinion, I actually find the design of it to be pretty well-built and comfortable and there's a good reason why Nintendo designed it that way.

-While I can fully understand the appeal of it, I'm not really that big into Minecraft. It might just be because I've only played the cracked versions (therefore single-player survival/creative mode only), but I just wasn't as interested in it as everyone else was. I'm more of a Terraria person myself.

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

I like Super Mario Bros 2 more than Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3. That's the reskinned Doki Doki Panic I'm referring to there, not the Japanese Super Mario Bros 2. That game is pure hell.

I rate Zelda II: The Adventure of Link more highly than most people.

Mega Man 6 is one of my favorite classic series Mega Man games. From what I've seen, most people consider it a weak entry.

I've never liked first person shooters, and I kind of wish they would die out.

I'll get some hate for this one, but Pokemon and Super Smash Brothers have never appealed to me.

I didn't really like Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I tried to play Fallout 3, but quickly grew bored of it.

Edited by Detritus

- Nintendo will never be a serious contender in the adult gaming sphere.  They are too focused on family friendly party games and even their occasional accidental hit like smash bros or splatoon only appeal to a very small niche market of rabid fans.  But having said that, their particular market of family friendly party games is one which they have pretty much cornered, and they'll be around as long as they stick to what they do well.  On the whole though, weak hardware and poor third party support means that they will never try to step into the ring with Sony and Microsoft, because they will lose, and they know this.

- I liked Fallout Tactics, I don't care that it was completely out of sync and out of character with the rest of the Franchise, it was still enjoyable.

-  Double Dragon and Target Renegade were immeasurably more fun than any Streetfighter, Mortal Kombat or Tekken game has ever been.

- Laser Squad was better on the Spectrum than it was on the Amiga.

- I have never played Undertale, and have no intention to ever do so, partly because I don't think it looks all that interesting, and largely because the fandom has made me so sick of it that I would find it difficult to approach it with a neutral perspective.

I don't like Legend of Zelda games at all, but pokemon is amazing

Age of Empires is better than starcraft

TF2 is not good, it never really was. 

WoW is a very boring and static MMO

Call of Duty is actually an enjoyable way to kill a few hours

Halo is amazing

So I've yet to find someone that doesn't think I'm crazy for this, but Auron from Final Fantasy X is the stupidest character out there. He knows everything that's going on since the start but never tells you anything. He tries too hard to look like the quiet badass that you don't want to get on the bad side of, but he falls so far short and it just looks bad. They try to make you use him by making him overpowered which is just stupid. Everything about him rubs me the wrong way.

Aside from that, Minecraft is far better than Terraria and Stardew Valley.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved GTA III and Vice City as a kid, but I was never really a huge fan of San Andreas. It's fine, but it never really clicked with me like the other two.

On 2016-03-31 at 8:27 PM, ExpitheCat said:

-

-While I can fully understand the appeal of it, I'm not really that big into Minecraft. It might just be because I've only played the cracked versions (therefore single-player survival/creative mode only), but I just wasn't as interested in it as everyone else was. I'm more of a Terraria person myself.

I got into Terraria because of this :mlp_icwudt:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/pinkie-pie-heads-to-terraria.html?m=1

and also, while I haven’t played Minecraft, I find Terraria more appealing. Has more varied and colorful visuals, and more emphasis on action, makes me look at it over Minecraft any time. Only one thing I put Minecraft above Terraria are the world sizes

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas have aged rather horribly. People are often making a big deal out of the "Definitive" editions and for the most part rightfully so, but maybe they weren't exactly good games to begin with. Good for their time but not much else. 

• Brohoof 1

• I have a hard time getting into a lot of open world RPGs like The Witcher 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
  • A lot of PS4/PS5 exclusives feel pretty same-y gameplay-wise and don't really appeal to me.
  • I feel like a lot of the TF2 community/fanbase can be pretty obnoxious.
Edited by ExpitheCat

18 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas have aged rather horribly. People are often making a big deal out of the "Definitive" editions and for the most part rightfully so, but maybe they weren't exactly good games to begin with. Good for their time but not much else. 

They still hold up if you ask me due to charm and character. The gameplay might not have aged the best but it's serviceable.

• Brohoof 2

Agreed. While GTA3 feels like it aged the worst gameplay wise, both VC and SA feels more fluid and alive. 3 also made some...questionable gameplay decisions, such as too many gangs that turn hostile and having no warning on what missions made them aggressive towards you.

That's not saying VC and SA don't have difficult missions - they both do. 3's difficulty comes from the developers experimenting with brand new gameplay and game engine limitations.

Edited by Magic Note
Grammar fixes and expansion

• 2 weeks later...

Fortnite is not a video game. It is a giant corporate orgy made popular and sustained by conformity and corporate entities selling the husks of their properties to it. It is all about following the crowd and manipulation. A total detriment to the industry. 

I have observed Minecraft from a distance. I like the concept, but I’m also action oriented. That one of the reasons I find Terraria more appealing. Not to mention the variety of content like biomes, exploration, events, etc

Dark Souls 2 is a terrible game. I've beaten it twice but playing it again after such a long break and replaying DS1 and DS3 within that time, holy shit, DS2 is so much worse than I remember. Everything about the game feels like a massive step backwards in terms of the combat. The bosses are all lame and the hitboxes, my god the goddamn hitboxes. They are actively f***ed in this game. It is so obvious that the team who made DS2 was just some D-team who apparently had no idea what made DS1 so damn good. 

On 2021-11-29 at 2:21 PM, Kyoshi said:

You could say the same thing for almost every video game ever made.

Nostalgia also plays a part in your enjoyment of things you liked so when you go back and replay something and it doesn't live up to that nostalgia

it can be very disappointing. 

---

Unpopular opinion: I don't understand why people enjoy the FPS genre games so much. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1