Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular/uncommon video game opinions

BastementSparkle

I’m gonna spill my opinion on Obey Me. World knows you can’t in the comments.

I’m a bit irked with how Obey me is doing their events and UR cards. For the most part it’s always UR cards of Lucifer being chosen as the reward for ranking 1-10 with Simeon also being chosen occasionally as the UR, Mammon,Asmodeus and Levi are typically the ones chosen for UR cards for the special card drawings despite Asmodeus being the most unpopular brother. Luke gets picked quite often to have UR cards as well and he’s the most disliked character out of the game. Satan,Belphie and Beel rarely get UR cards out of these events, Normally SSR rank. I feel sorry for anyone who likes Barbatos, Diavolo, Lucifer or Solomon. While Barbatos,Diavolo and Solomon are paid dust as if they don’t exist, with Lucifer as I mentioned if you want a UR of Lucifer you’re going to have to place top 10 in the events. It’ll be near impossible to touch a UR card of him otherwise. So be prepared to drop a fortune if you want a chance at even placing well in any event. 

Which leads into my next complaint is there’s too many events in these games. To the point where one ends another one starts. I can’t even save up enough AP to do the normal storyline because there’s always an event going on. So I have to skip events if I want to actually progress story wise. 

The current event they introduced a new mechanic. Before it was always as you win battles and score certain amount t of points you will get this prize. The prize was guaranteed. Now it’s you score x amount of points from winning battles and you spend it in a surprise box for a chance to win one of a huge list of prizes. Even those prizes have me salty because they did icons of everyone but Satan and Beel. But tons of stuff of Luke who is the most unpopular character. My friends list is mostly Satan, Lucifer and Mammon simps. Nobody cares about Luke. How about we make more things of the well liked characters instead of the most disliked one. The Barbatos simps have been begging for content for ages.

• Brohoof 1

Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing are both *far* better than Mario Kart 64 in almost every single way.

While on that note, I’ll also say Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled and Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed are better than Mario Kart 8/8 Deluxe.

Edited by ExpitheCat
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Indie games are in stagnation as much as big AAA games. There are few good indie games which get popular, but majority of them are copying each other. Roguelikes became indie versions of open worlds. In fact according to steam there are more roguelike than open world games

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Vefka said:

Indie games are in stagnation as much as big AAA games. There are few good indie games which get popular, but majority of them are copying each other. Roguelikes became indie versions of open worlds. In fact according to steam there are more roguelike than open world games

I currently feel like there’s too many games out there capitalizing on the concept of “let’s turn something cute into something scary”. It’s getting old now.

I don’t think RPGs are that good unless they have something a little extra to them, like a few unique mechanics or a story tie-in. It doesn’t appeal to me to beat up enemies without a direction.

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is actually a really good game now it's been patched and upgraded for next gen. It could've been this good from the start if the developers had been allowed to finish it on their own time :dry:

I haven’t played the game, but I do agree with the statement. It may be ignorance of mine, but the devs shouldn’t have fallen into gamers’ demands for a quick release in the first place

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-03-15 at 4:29 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Ion Fury is better than any generic brown and green CoD and similar FPSs

The piss filter is one thing I absolutely do not miss about that era of gaming

I was never that much of a fan of Mario, Sonic, or Kingdom Hearts despite playing at least three games from each franchise, I love Zelda II and Final Fantasy II, finding them both to be terribly underrated, I don't get hate for games like Resident Evil 6 and DMC: Devil May Cry at all, I like NES games better than SNES games, I would rather see Castlevania or Metal Gear be revived over Silent Hill, I enjoy every Final Fantasy game, and I actually appreciated IX less when I replayed it, finding more wrong with it. 

Those HAVE to be unpopular. :Tempest:

• Brohoof 1

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is far and away my least favorite AC game. I could write a short novel about this, but to sum it up:

• The Villagers have far too little dialogue.
  • Terraforming is a good example of something that sounded great on paper, but in practice, is more underwhelming than anything. At least for me, it was.
  • The game lets you pick and choose which villagers are in your village. This never should have been something the player can control much, if at all.
  • Crafting as a game mechanic can die in a fire, but this game in particular makes a point of making it as obnoxious as possible.

Really, my main issue with the game is that it feels pretty much nothing like a life-simulation game now, but more of a town-building game. Good for social media posts about your gorgeous oriental town, but in terms of actually PLAYING the game, it is honestly just dull more than anything. I dropped AC: New Horizons after 3 months. I played every other AC game for at LEAST 2 years before I got tired of them.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-03-15 at 7:29 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Ion Fury is better than any generic brown and green CoD and similar FPSs

That's not much of a hard thing to do lol

I'll add any 90s ID Tech or Build FPS game, as well as Dusk and Amid Evil to that too.

Half Life, Doom, Quake, Duke 3D, Blood.

• Brohoof 2

46 minutes ago, Celli said:

That's not much of a hard thing to do lol

I'll add any 90s ID Tech or Build FPS game, as well as Dusk and Amid Evil to that too.

Half Life, Doom, Quake, Duke 3D, Blood.

Too bad there are too few good FPSs these days tho :scoots:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Too bad there are too few good FPSs these days tho :scoots:

At least there's Doom and Doom Eternal.

• Brohoof 1

Here's one that I think is quite unpopular I have: I never cared for Final Fantasy VII. Even if it revolutionized the gaming industry, I literally cannot get past Midgar because of how bored I get. This is someone who has beat several games in the series and I can't get past the beginning of VII, allegedly one of the "easiest" games in the series. The scattershot story caused by one of the worst localizations I've seen and a protagonist I felt was unlikable may have something to do with it?

Edit: When I saw the rest of the game, geez is the main villain in that game a Gary Stu...not only does he have no personality or character flaws, he just exists to annoy the protagonist in the most pretentious and obnoxious way possible. I'm glad I never got that far in FF7. Especially when the game shoves minigames in your face that don't have anything to do with the game itself. Thank god Square didn't repeat the mistakes they made in 7 because all the minigames woulda made me rage quit for sure.

Edited by Magic Note
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried so hard to like bloodborne but I couldn't do it. I like pretty much every other fromsoft game but I just couldn't get into the hype of BB. I got about 4 bosses in and burnt out.

Also hollow knight, I got really close to the end but I didn't finish it, I didn't like any part of the game at all.

5 hours ago, Retro*Derpy said:

Also hollow knight, I got really close to the end but I didn't finish it, I didn't like any part of the game at all.

Awww.... That's like my favorite game. :(

Why didn't you like it?

4 hours ago, Celli said:

Awww.... That's like my favorite game. :(

Why didn't you like it?

I think the world it's in is unique and the characters are likeable, but the gameplay and the weapons didn't feel enjoyable.  After beating bosses it just felt more like a chore swinging the stick around and the... I forgot what their called... tailsmains? Didn't feel really impactful. By late game it just felt like playing a bullet hell. I'm not saying the game is bad, it's just not for me.

• 3 weeks later...