Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Buy MLP Episodes Or Watch Them For Free?

Astro Mambo

I've been wondering this for a very long time. When it comes to watching My Little Pony, do you fellow Bronies and Pegasisters watch episodes of the cartoon for free over the internet (Youtube, Netflix (not technically free) and other sources) or do you actually buy the episodes in order to watch them (Itunes, Amazon, DVD)?

Personally, I'd rather own them so I can watch them on the go but recently my purchases of the show from iTunes became corrupt so i need to repurchase them somewhere else. I'm considering just watching the show over Netflix from now on. >_>

So what about you all?

• Brohoof 1

I buy them to help Hasbro with their profits, so we get more MLP merch, its basic economics, they will increase the supply of MLP merch to meet the increased demand that was shown by their profits. Also, they will have more money from the extra profits to invest in more MLP movies and toy lines.

• Brohoof 1

I try to find the episodes on DVD as often as I can, the digital prices of the episodes are a bit....out of whack, in my opinion. If I get them on DVD, I can still support them but at a reasonable price. Now, if I could get the entire episode collection on Blu-Ray, that would be amazing. 

• Brohoof 2

I buy them to help Hasbro with their profits, so we get more MLP merch, its basic economics, they will increase the supply of MLP merch to meet the increased demand that was shown by their profits. Also, they will have more money from the extra profits to invest in more MLP movies and toy lines.

I agree with you but the problem is I'm super poor so I don't know when I'll be able to repurchase the episodes. I really want to continue watching mlp instead of waiting until I have money one day to buy the seasons again.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have either Discovery Family or Netflix so I usually just stream them or Youtube them. Though I usually buy the episodes if I like them enough

• Brohoof 1

Since I live in Canada, and the episodes don't air at the same time here as in the U.S., I torrent new episodes as they come out in the States. Then, I buy the whole season on DVD when it comes out.

I used to watch them on Netflix, but now I watch them for free because I don't have Netflix. I buy a lot of Hasbro merchandise, especially ponies, so it's not like I don't give them any money. I may even start buying Littlest Pet Shop toys. I have a huge collection of ponies, 90% of which are Hasbro, so there's that. I have a lot of Rarity stuff especially and even had to have an area dedicated to her. Then there's my G1 ponies. Maybe I should try getting wall shelves to collect even more. 

Being in the UK hampers paying for the episodes as they are released.

I do have Amazon Prime though, and I am buying the DVD sets as they are brought out over here.

I don't watch new episodes as they air.

Instead, I wait for them to be uploaded to YouTube a few hours later. Once I watch an episode, I very rarely go back and watch it again. If I do decide to watch an episode again, i'll use the internet to watch it for free.