Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was the hardest difficulty from a game you played?

Deae Rising Shine~

We all know games, probably played too. And sometimes we think, it needs to be harder, pressing a higher, or even THE highest difficulty, only to notice "Darn, shouldn't had started it ...".

Ever had a moment where you tought you can't finished that difficulty of the game or even gave up?

I remember pretty good the highest difficulty from Killzone 2 or COD4/WaW. Still finished them.

Or the Extreme difficulty in MGS2. Managed too, but european extreme is too much for me.

I have played and beaten Halo Reach on Legendary, but even then, probably the most difficult game I have completed on the highest difficulty, was Call of Duty World at War on Veteran. This, is an absolute nightmare. Getting killed almost as fast as you do in multiplayer is bad enough, but the inconsistent check points and sometimes infinite enemy spawning makes it even worse. On top of that, in many parts of the game, if you try to take cover, the enemy will lob a ton of grenades that conveniently land right where you are, usually result in either instant death or causing you to run to avoid them, thus resulting in you getting shot and, well, nearly instant death. I did manage to beat it, but the amount of frustration caused made so that it wasn't worth it. 

• Brohoof 1

The game I just beat on the highest difficulty (Skylanders: Trap Team), is named Nightmare Mode. The game I am having the most difficulty on, is Dust: An Elysian Tail, and the highest difficulty on that is called Hardcore.

Edited by Night Silent
  • Brohoof 2

The only game I remember that beat me:

Homeworld 2 on highest difficulty level. While it was really fair in its gameplay for entirety of campaign, the very last mission on highest difficulty was such a ramp up that it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to finish for anyone who isn't a hardcore player and knows all ins and outs of this game.

Other weird thingies:

Dead Space 2 - hardcore difficulty - while this one wasn't as hard as it sounds, and didn't really differ from hardest available normally, there was one little trick to it. You only had 3 saves. For an entire game. 'nuff said.

Uncharted series on highest - the damage enemies dealt on highest difficulty was just ridiculous, simply saying. But hey! Game was nice and ACHIEVEMENTS!

• Brohoof 1

Its been a really long time, but I tried touhou 6 on insane. If youre unfamiliar with the series, it's a bullet hell shooter. I could beat hard mode when I really tried, but I couldn't beat insane. I have flashbacks to that magical library of death. So many enemies, so many bullets...

• Brohoof 1

I tried Blitzkrieg, an old WWII RTS, on Very Hard mode once; I consider myself an alright-ish RTS player, but the AI absolutely dominated me. I was outclassed in every way I tried to win - sneaking about with snipers and armoured cars was thwarted by roving patrols, aerial attack halted by furious anti-aircraft fire and fighter-planes, and full frontal assault stopped by anti-tank guns, minefields and bridge demolition.

Suffice to say that may have been some five years back when I was just 12, but even now I still don't have the balls to try again.

Playing Ratchet Gladiator on three-star difficulty with unmodded non-upgraded weapons (Already super hard) WHILE THE ENEMIES, FLOORS, WALLS, LEVELS, AND EVERYTHING IS INVISIBLE THANKS TO A COPY-PROTECTION GLITCHING OUT AND ACTIVATING. RED BARS ALSO BLOCK YOUR VIEW OF THE SCREEN AND THE GAME LAGS LIKE HELL. 

AND I BEAT THIS. I DIDN'T PLAN FOR THIS, OR ASK FOR THIS. I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD HAPPEN. I BEAT IT, AND A BONUS RACING MINIGAME WITH THE SAME STUFF,no prep time or level memorization and I hadn't played that game in years. AND I'd never used a USB xbox controller before that day. AND YES, I RECORDED IT!

Every pony with "Gaming" as their Cutie Mark is cordially invited to sit down and kiss my black-suited flanks.

The Hardest difficulty from a game I played? Well That's a good question. The following games that I find the hardest difficulty are

Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure - Well as most LoZ fans say, this is the most difficult game that I ever played

Gears of War - Insane Difficulty got me in this game, but a lot of deaths suffered in this difficulty including soloing horde mode in GoW 3

Call of Duty: MW - Most likely to be Veteran Difficulty

Pokemon Rumble Series - Difficulty increases as I progress in the Game.

Pokemon shuffle - Main Stages increases Difficulty as I progress the game

Demon's Souls - Pretty much that It's hard to grind for some souls although the game's difficulty increases as I clear every cycle of the game.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm. I think Borderlands 2 on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode was the hardest mode I'd ever played. I died a lot, but the game isn't all that difficult if you figure out your strategy. The game doesn't even penalize you all that much for dying anyway. ^^

I have played and beaten Halo Reach on Legendary, but even then, probably the most difficult game I have completed on the highest difficulty, was Call of Duty World at War on Veteran. This, is an absolute nightmare. Getting killed almost as fast as you do in multiplayer is bad enough, but the inconsistent check points and sometimes infinite enemy spawning makes it even worse. On top of that, in many parts of the game, if you try to take cover, the enemy will lob a ton of grenades that conveniently land right where you are, usually result in either instant death or causing you to run to avoid them, thus resulting in you getting shot and, well, nearly instant death. I did manage to beat it, but the amount of frustration caused made so that it wasn't worth it.

People complain about games having too many checkpoints but when games these days have a tendency to kill you in seconds it saves you from a lot of grief.

I'd hate to play a game like Spec Ops: The Line if the checkpoints were more than a couple enemy waves apart. On hard mode it's as easy to die for you as it is for the enemy. Bullets really matter. Running through a level for ten minutes just to die in seconds just because you stuck your head out of cover for 0.5 seconds too long and having to redo the last ten minutes? Not my idea of fun.

I accept our new more-checkpoints-than-you-know-what-to-do-with overlords.

I played on the most difficult setting of free battle (player vs COM) on Naruto Ninja Storm 2 just to see if I could beat Deidara.

...I failed.

:lol:

I played on the most difficult setting of free battle (player vs COM) on Naruto Ninja Storm 2 just to see if I could beat Deidara.

...I failed.

:lol:

Fighting games are some of the hardest games to play on higher difficulties. Sometimes it's because "harder" means "reads your button presses and reacts" and others because they're just really aggressive. Or erratic and it looks aggressive. If you're not used to play against another person, someone who's really good at it, you can easily be overwhelmed.

Fighting games are some of the hardest games to play on higher difficulties. Sometimes it's because "harder" means "reads your button presses and reacts" and others because they're just really aggressive. Or erratic and it looks aggressive. If you're not used to play against another person, someone who's really good at it, you can easily be overwhelmed.

Oh, yes, that I understand.

I just really wanted to see this particular charcacter active in hard mode because he is so well-known for spamming. I had to see for myself how bad his spamming would get at this level. I would say it was more of an experiment, to be honest.

:D

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...there have been a few.

- Hard on Command & Conquer 3: Not the entire game, but specifically the last Nod level. That one was an absolute nightmare, even on Normal, let alone Hard. You are tasked with defending a really dumb ally (who is hostile to you) from two massive enemy bases, and you start out with a very small one. Have fun!

- Brutal on StarCraft 2: Numerous instances, mostly in WoL and LotV than HotS. But one recent one that comes to mind is the third level of LotV - you have minimal tech, and your enemies waltz around with high-tech units.

- Serious from Serious Sam: I used to be stuck at this for a long time, levels feeling very difficult with enemies all around you, and being very easily capable of killing you. I had troubles getting past even the first few levels. Got very used to it now though.

- Mortal Kombat 9, final fight against Shao Kahn in story mode. It frustrated me so much, even on Beginner. >_> Basically, really high stats combined with a spam of ranged attacks. Enjoy~

- Not from a game, but a mod: To The Bitter End from WarCraft 3. Probably the hardest campaign I've ever played, still haven't finished it. :P

Edited by VengefulStrudel

Finished all ratchet & clank at the maximum difficulty with only the 1st weapons

I have tried more than 150 times but still didn't beat the level 24 of kid icarus uprising with the 9.0 level

The first game? The first game was hell even on the standard difficulty. Good god that game was hard. lol

I gotta get my hands on the remake. Maybe it'll be better made. In fact, I'm almost certain it will be.

I played a PC port of the 1992 game Star Control II called The Ur-Quan Masters. The game itself didn't come with difficulty settings, but I downloaded a mod that added five settings -- easy, normal, hard, insane, and detrimental. Needless to say, I tried detrimental. My first reaction? Two words.

HOT DAMN.

If you've never seen a pro Umgah pilot in your life, make sure you stay that way, because those little brats took more crew from me than a slave-trading Druuge. And don't even think about pissing the Arilou off, or you're gonna be playing a ten-minute trip to hell, and you ALWAYS lose, regardless of what ships you have. Same goes for Melnorme -- get that bugger upset, and you get a distortion blast red shell combo to the bridge, which always ends badly for you.

Also, if you thought Mycon and Thraddash were just grind fodder, think again. I'd rather face twenty Kohr-Ah than one Torch, because the afterburners make them borderline impossible to hit. Same goes for the Orz -- get one ship upset, and you have eight boarding parties sapping away at your crew. Oh, and if you think that you can get away with pissing off the Zoqfot, you're gonna get your flagship licked -- literally.

Oddly enough, the main enemies of the game, (the Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah) who are supposed to be the toughest, are actually pretty easy, so long as you don't run out of Spathi. Of course, it doesn't help that Spathi ships cost four times as much, a.k.a. 12000 RU each, but that's what Fwiffo is for.

...Yeah I doubt anyone understood anything I just said. *sigh* The things that happen when you play obscure games...

The first game? The first game was hell even on the standard difficulty. Good god that game was hard. lol

I gotta get my hands on the remake. Maybe it'll be better made. In fact, I'm almost certain it will be.

it was my favorite series and i have like 10000  hours on this series with my brother