Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do they seem to be shifting toy focus for EQG?

Unlikeable Pony

Anyways, does it seem like they are shifting toy focus with the equestria girls toyline to anyone else? At the new toyfair it seemed like they were big on advertising the new equestria girls minis toys and weren't too big on promoting the Legend of the everfree toyline by comparison.

It seems like they may be shifting what they want to put their main promotion push behind to more collectible "cute" toys than the normal monster high style products they've been using up to this point.
This may seem like a random thing to point out, but I'm noting this because the new, traditional toys very much require new movies to come out for each toyline, while the minis don't need any new movies for promotion or new material, which would allow them to worry so much about making new material for the series.

• Brohoof 1

I ain't complaining, the Mini toys look infinitely superior. I don't think it shouldn't be a problem as long as they promote the new movie well(vs the lackluster promotion FG got in comparison to the first two movies)

(vs the lackluster promotion FG got in comparison to the first two movies)

I know right? I honestly have no idea what they hell they were doing with pushing FG games toys :/

At christmas time I could barely find any Friendship games toys at all as half the EQG toys were all rainbow rocks toys; and not even in the "we're marking down old stuff to make room for FG stuff" manner, they 100% seemed to be fine to keep rainbow rocks stuff around as their mane EQG stuff instead of friendship games kind of thing.

I don't think I ever even saw one of those motorbike toys stocked at any of the stores around me, ever.

I know right? I honestly have no idea what they hell they were doing with pushing FG games toys :/

At christmas time I could barely find any Friendship games toys at all as half the EQG toys were all rainbow rocks toys; and not even in the "we're marking down old stuff to make room for FG stuff" manner, they 100% seemed to be fine to keep rainbow rocks stuff around as their mane EQG stuff instead of friendship games kind of thing.

I don't think I ever even saw one of those motorbike toys stocked at any of the stores around me, ever.

There's also the fact that EQG 1 and 2 also got theater releases while FG never got that luxury

• 3 weeks later...

I love the EG mini toys personally! There is so much money to be made for Hasbro for this line of toys, so I don't think that they are ever going to stop re-designing them until they are done making the movies... maybe even after that!

• 4 months later...

Anyways, does it seem like they are shifting toy focus with the equestria girls toyline to anyone else? At the new toyfair it seemed like they were big on advertising the new equestria girls minis toys and weren't too big on promoting the Legend of the everfree toyline by comparison.

It seems like they may be shifting what they want to put their main promotion push behind to more collectible "cute" toys than the normal monster high style products they've been using up to this point.

This may seem like a random thing to point out, but I'm noting this because the new, traditional toys very much require new movies to come out for each toyline, while the minis don't need any new movies for promotion or new material, which would allow them to worry so much about making new material for the series.

I think so and the EQG mini toys are looking pretty cute =)=)=) Bought 4 Rarities myself =)=)=)

(edited)

I hope so, because the Equestria Girls Minis are adorable. I'd even consider buying Minis of background Humans I like the designs of, like Pixil Pezaz, Violet Blur, Mystery Mint, Orange Sherbet, Frosty Orange and Melon Mint. Custom Minis and doll making using pre-existing parts is also a thing, so the more style parts available through official toys, the more customs can also be made. You should see the custom Dazzlings, Cutie Mark Crusaders and Human Starlight Glimmer.

Edited by Evil_Emperor