Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

@@Unicorncob,

Ratchet finished scribbling down a list of items she needed from the Vendor and handed crackshot a bag full of caps and winked ''Don't go running off with those will you, otherwise I will skin your hide!'' ;) She laughed a little and sat down on a makeshift bench outside of the carriage, picking bits out of her hooves and flicking them away lazily, a bead of sweat trickling down the side of her head as the days heat began to pick up.  

The life of a mercenary was difficult and tense. Each contract, no matter how small, was always a bet on one's life for only a few hundred caps, and only a lucky few ever achieve the dream of becoming influential and controlling the caps with merc work.

Which is why Allegory never bothered with working as a merc like her parents did. She had heard of lots of stories and preferred guard work more. Getting a decent some hundred caps for a few weeks of guarding...which was usually nothing more than sitting around and looking a bit intimidating.

The yellow-orange mare levitated some of her parts and muttered to herself before putting on her mask again. She was in front of the wide weapons shop shack, which was open on one side towards the road with a long booth in the back, sitting on the workbench, filled with other devices such as bullet hoof-loaders or hangars for repairing armor or large weapons.

Inside the weapons shop was another light grey earth pony mare that was adjusting the weapons on her wall; a younger light green colt next to her was cleaning the counters with a metal plate and what little water there was. There was also a smaller shack connected to the weapons store by a door, but if anyone were to try to open it it would be l9cked; it was likely the two's home.

Allegory paused her work as the two stallions come close, eyeing them curiously through the welding mask and turning off her blowtorch. Mercenaries, she thought. Probably just going to come and go. Maybe act all cool and buy something.

The life of a mercenary was difficult and tense. Each contract, no matter how small, was always a bet on one's life for only a few hundred caps, and only a lucky few ever achieve the dream of becoming influential and controlling the caps with merc work.

Which is why Allegory never bothered with working as a merc like her parents did. She had heard of lots of stories and preferred guard work more. Getting a decent some hundred caps for a few weeks of guarding...which was usually nothing more than sitting around and looking a bit intimidating.

The yellow-orange mare levitated some of her parts and muttered to herself before putting on her mask again. She was in front of the wide weapons shop shack, which was open on one side towards the road with a long booth in the back, sitting on the workbench, filled with other devices such as bullet hoof-loaders or hangars for repairing armor or large weapons.

Inside the weapons shop was another light grey earth pony mare that was adjusting the weapons on her wall; a younger light green colt next to her was cleaning the counters with a metal plate and what little water there was. There was also a smaller shack connected to the weapons store by a door, but if anyone were to try to open it it would be l9cked; it was likely the two's home.

Allegory paused her work as the two stallions come close, eyeing them curiously through the welding mask and turning off her blowtorch. Mercenaries, she thought. Probably just going to come and go. Maybe act all cool and buy something.

Crackshot entered the weapons store, eyeing up the surroundings. Not much, as usual, but he's not one to complain.

He noticed the mare fixing up the display wares, and gave her a small polite nod as he approached the counter.

He approached the mare in the welding mask at the counter and nodded to her as well. "Allegory," he began, "Going hunting today. I need a shotgun, some padded armour, and a nine-millimetre pistol."

He had to admire the dedication to her craft, and her level of skill in refurbishing and repairing weapons.

Edited by Unicorncob

Comet wasn't sure if the sun was setting or rising at this point. All the days seemed to become one, the pegasus taking very few stops on his journey across barren land. He was lucky enough he hadn't ran into many raiders or ghouls on his way towards his destination in the mountains, and those that he had seen, were easily avoidable thanks to his quick reactions and speed thanks to the wings either side of him. He stopped once again, wiping sweat from his brow and consulting the map he had stowed away in his saddlebags. Judging from the position of the sun, Comet grinned widely estimating that it would hopefully only take a day or two more of travelling and then...bingo. 

Despite his optimism and excitement, the pegasus couldn't help but still feel a little nervous, biting his lower lip. Sweet Celestia, if these raiders even have half a brain....this is going to be a difficult run. He thought to himself. He hadn't even devised a plan despite telling himself to sort it all out on the way there. He narrowly missed tripping over two corpses that appeared out of nowhere in front of him. They didn't look like raiders and Comet cringed when he realised one of those bodies was just a filly. This wasteland...bucking murderers. Seething, he pressed forward. He needed somepony to hit. Preferably a raider. Hard. In the face.

Quiet came inside the store right behind Crackshot, He eyed the weapons not much he could use, storm continued to gander at the arms, the earth pony finally spotted his comfort area.

"I'm getting a weapon as well." He announced, making his voice heard. "I just need a Bow and Arrow and some good armor."

Edited by The Real 1990

*a skinny and rather pathetic looking mare trots into the store a shotgun slung on her back. The metal of her hoof glints slightly as she trots over to a wall looking over the selection of shotgun rounds. She speaks in a slightly raspy voice* Got 36 caps....hmmm, could sell the rifle I found...m*mumbling to self*

As white walked out of the cold mountain ranges and onto the hot open plains of the Wasteland, he took a moment to observe his surroundings. It had been several weeks, around 3 months exactly since he had left home and his skills had not been put to much use outside of organised fighting. He was already missing his companions. Not a problem though. With a few presses of his pip-buck, White sent out a small signal on a secure channel, moments later, an Enclave Eyebot appeared in front of him.

"EDEN, my friend! So good to see you. Its been months. Sorry I haven't visited our home in so long. Business and Blooddrop have been keeping me busy. I missed you flying piece of Scrap metal." White gave the Eyebot a pat on the side of its plating, to which it responded with a series of high tone beeps. "Well, since you can see I'm in my disguise and I have the voice of a mare. I'm about to do some travelling, and you my friend are coming with me. It gets so lonely out here." *low tone whining sounds* "Yeah, again I'm sorry for not being able to visit, I'm sorry you felt lonely. Anyway, we're heading to Junction R-7, I'm going to link my Pip-buck up to you and calibrate our sensors. We should be able to see and hear everything the other sees and hears. It will also let me talk though you when needed. You can get to R-7 within the next hour, you're a lot faster than me. Go scout ahead, and meet our old friend within the guard. If you see mercs who look like they may be heading for the mountains, let me speak with them. I always wanted to play the part of mysterious contact who appears and disappears at random. Go on EDEN. I'll see you soon."

With his new orders, EDEN made quick haste to Junction R-7, he will make it within the hour, hopefully any mercs will not have all left by that point.

*after a short exchange of words with the vendor I trot out with a fresh stock of ammo, i tort out of the store looking out over the wasteland, with a sigh I trot forward. As I trot I trip falling as my hoof gets caught in a rut. Not being able to feel my hoof making this unfortunately somewhat common. I grunt and stand back up, looking over at stallion who has a small grin on his face he's barely holding back his laughter.*

What?

*I stand up and brush past him looking fore a message board with possible missions.*

Edited by TheForgotenBrony

@Jestwinged

Cinder trots over, and looks her over head to hoof. "You look like the merc type, have anything I might be interested in?"

The various battle scaring and her cybernetic hoof is likely the first thing she would notice. With a small sigh I look done for a second then back up to her-

@@@Unicorncob,

Allegory blinked behind her mask and stopped her work, taking it off and revealing her light orange face that was only dirtied on the chin and cheeks by dark metal powder and grit. "Hunting for other equines, you mean," she replied, standing up and pulling a four-barreled shotgun and a blowback pistol. The shotgun barrels were structured like a square, breaking at the middle to allow easier reloads. The pistol was small and could certainly fit into a lunchbox or a carved book - it was easily concealable. "I'm just here for guard duty, Crackpot," she smirked, moving down to search for some leather-metal pads. "Stream runs the store, and I'm leaving for the Station Fort after a few weeks. And that's 250 caps."

"I don't recall selling bow and arrows here...you might want to craft them yourself," Streamline - the grey earth pony - responded shortly after Allegory finished. "I have wood, radscorpion chitin, scrap metal...they're all cheap. Oh wait, someone's coming in. Be right back to you..."

Streamline switched to the other skinny mare, eyeing her for a moment before reluctantly taking out some ammunition boxes. "Oh, here's the plates," she takes out the reinforced hoof plates and passes them to Crackshot. "And that's 100. So, where are you going? What's your contract...and is he going with you?" she points to Quiet. "He looks o-l-d. And wrinkly."

@ @ @

Crackshot rolled his eyes at Allegory's sass. She had a smart mouth, but she was good at what she does, and reliable, so he wasn't about to turn around and put some lead into her brains.

"Well that's news," He commented, dropping two-fifty caps on the counter, "Didn't know you worked Station Fort."

He set another hundred caps down for the hoof plates and nodded. "Yeah, he's my partner... we picked up a mare who's coming with us, hence the pistol. He looks hard for an old guy, I'd say."

He passed one set of plates to Quiet.

He eyed the shotgun and blinked as a thought occurred. "Actually... you have any sniper rifles? Preferably one with a silencer."

Another drifter had wandered into town. Though she hated to bestow the lowly title on herself, she had to be honest with herself. That wasn't to say she didn't have a few caps to her name, and it'd been three years since she actually heard anypony say that name, but those from her area knew her as the Wayfarer.

Her yellow-grey coat resembled the color of dust or sand, contrasting sharply against her fiery-red mane and tail, both pulled back into thick braids with the former spilling down over one shoulder. Jade-green eyes cast furtive but keen glances between streets and alleyways, accompanied by a flicking left ear, whose counterpart had a significant portion of flesh bitten off. Light but durable leather armor served as her only protection, with a single saddlebag filled with the bare necessities was strapped snugly to her side. She prided herself on being independent, but as everypony knew, you couldn't survive on your own forever.

Strolling nonchalantly into the shop, she stopped abruptly at the door in mild surprise -- it appeared as though she'd walked in on a meeting of sorts. Her sharp eyes scanned the group of ponies, one stallion in particular seeming strangely familiar.

Shrugging the feeling off, she headed straight forward and leaned on the main counter, not intentionally brushing up against Crackshot and slightly nudging him aside. "Any service here?" she called out, eyes wandering to some of the weapons in the back.

StormCaller strolled through the junction, he was familiar with the place, it was littered with mercenaries of every race, however, the most plentiful being earth ponies, most of them armored with varying degrees of quality. He smirked, the less of their body that showed the more he could tolerate their presence, he knew that if he wanted to stay alive he would have to hold his disdain for them to himself. 

His bright yellow eyes scanned the area, he was in need of certain parts to start work on the sidearm he had been wanting to construct for quite a while, and in his eyes, he didn't mind associating with organics for a while to get what he wanted. He spotted a mare with Jade-green eyes, she looked like she knew the area better than him and followed behind her, taking notice to her single saddlebag, she looked like she held only onto what she needed. He tugged his coat/cape close to his cold, metallic body, hiding his cybernetics much more better than before as he walked into the store, still near the mare. 

His eyes darted around as he scanned the room, noticing a little gathering of ponies, and more importantly their weapons. Some of them looked like they were more well off than this little mare and smiled to himself, perhaps there was some hope that he could find what he was looking for in this forsaken Junction. He stood at the main counter, right next to the mare and spoke in his much more dominant and somewhat synthesized voice. "Yez, is there anyone that could zervice me here?" he asked, paying little to no attention to the little pony that was beside him. 

@@Meson Bolt

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow

@@TheForgotenBrony

Ratchet continues twirling her knife while eyeing up the newcomer suspiciously, the pony seemed harmless enough, she gulped down some more Nuka- Colo and replied '' Well that depends.... what kind of thing are you good at? We have a little... 'expedition' gathering inside there''  ratchet said, waving her hoof in the direction of the weapons carriage lazily, ''apparently there are a few raiders that need sorting out, I don't know the details, I don't really care as long as there is action and caps to be had ''.  Slamming her empty glass bottle down she glared at the newcomer and said in a hushed tone ''Just keep your hooves off my caps and we won't have a problem, got it?''   :okiedokielokie: 

@Jestwinged

"Spoken like a true merc." she shifts, meeting your gaze. "As for what Im good at, hoof to hoof, just about anything CQB actually and repair."

"got an detailed besides 'alot of Raiders', I prefer to know what I'm getting into."

I look down for a second and sigh before meeting her gaze once more

@@TheForgotenBrony,

''Well I'm not in charge of this group, I was one of the last to join, you might want to head inside the carriage and talk to the two guys in there, one is called crackshot... I think and the other one -Waves her hoof lazily- I can't remember''. Ratchet was quietly impressed by how the other pony met her gaze so steadily even after she was somewhat aggressive, for a moment she almost felt a little bad for talking the way she did, but the feeling past and she yawned, slumping lower down onto the bench.  

@Jestwinged

"Well, mind if I stick with you until he returns?"

I look into her eyes there's no fear in them, only confidence and courage.; I take a long swig of water from my canteen, then let out a soft sigh.

"Mind telling me a bit about the group?" I shift, and sit down on my haunches.

@@Defender of Tomorrow

Feeling a bit nervous as she was now surrounded by strangers, most of which looked like deadly mercenaries, she chose to maintain an air of confidence. She was, after all, the Wayfarer, a vigilante of sorts, who'd show up to dispense her form of justice towards raiders and thieves, and disappear before the smoke cleared. However, she didn't expect anypony -- even the one she thought she knew -- to recognize her.

"All the better -- an unsuspecting target is an easy one."

As for the one who'd spoken, she simply leaned on the counter and stared up at him, being quite a bit shorter than most of the ponies here. In a nonchalant and somewhat sarcastic voice, she asked, "The heck kind of voice is that?"

@@Meson Bolt

Storm didn't like that the mare asked him a question, he was growing rather irritated the more he interacted with ponies that weren't like him. He looked down at her, he was much taller, bigger, and intimidating than she was, he even made his eyes glow a bit as he stared her down. 

"Leetle girl, don't you have zome place to be?" he said to her, ignoring the question because he couldn't find anything 'wrong' with his voice. "Why zon't you go run along now?" he said, wanting to get rid of her, he was growing irritated the longer he stood in the midst of all these filthy organics, however, this irritation didn't show on his face as most of it was covered up, and even then, metal doesn't give off facial expression that well. He turned his attention back to the counter, waiting ever so patiently for some pony to barter with. 

@@Defender of Tomorrow

The mare stared back into his eyes, unfazed by his attempt at intimidating her. Although it was true that she had been wandering the wasteland for only about four years, she'd done her fair share of combat against targets just like him -- bigger, more armored, and cocky. Her mind flashed back momentarily to the Leviathans from the Domain, and her face broke into an amused smile as the thought of him being an escaped Levi crossed her mind.

"Your voice is really weird -- need a cough drop?" she joked, her voice maintaining the tone of a sarcastic drawl. "I just asked you a question, no need to get your knickers in a twist." Smirking softly after finishing her statement, she imitated his voice and added, "Leetle girl."

Edited by Meson Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@,@@Unicorncob,

Quiet grabbed the plate Crackshot handed to him.

Well damn, and here I thought I looked like a youthful, Well built, 28 year-old. *Sigh* I hate getting old"

"Well, looks can be deceiving ma'am. I'm only 28, And yeah I'll be able to make a Bow and arrow. How much are the materials?

Edited by The Real 1990

@ @@Defender of Tomorrow @@Meson Bolt

As he awaited service from Allegory, Crackshot turned and noticed the two new figures entering the store. A mare and... a peculiar stallion with a strange, almost robotic voice.

His tired eyes laid on them for a few moments, an exasperated frown curling beneath his bandana.

This place is getting too hot, I need that sniper rifle soon.

@@Meson Bolt

Storm was not quite sure why the mare wasn't intimidated by him, usually ponies ran in fear when they saw him, then again he wasn't exactly donning his cybernetics as proudly as he should be. He didn't know what her problem was insulting his voice and teasing him, but he wasn't going to let it get to him, she was just an organic and he was superior. "I won't ze playing these childish games with you." he said, trying to end the interaction between them, he was just on his last nerves being spoken to like this by a...what? A 15 year old? And what he hated the most was that she wasn't even augmented, it baffled him that he had to tolerate this harassment, he subtly enveloped his sword with his magic for a moment before stopping, catching himself before he did something regrettable. 

@@Defender of Tomorrow@,

The Wayfarer was still smirking as he turned away, and she chuckled a bit before doing so herself. She didn't know why that was, but she'd always found a lot of enjoyment annoying anypony who regularly used any form of robotics, be it power armor, prosthetics, or even full-blown AI. And while she couldn't tell what he was exactly, she didn't let that stop her from revealing her playful and mischievous side.

Turning around to face Quiet Storm while still leaning on the counter, she had already overheard what his request for pieces for the bow and asked, "Why, what happened to your old one?", maintaining a nonchalant demeanor.