Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

"And the best way to know your weapon, is to spend 7 hours disassembling it and reassembling it to the point where you know exactly how it works and why it does so."

Crackshot tilted his head slightly, in a 'fair enough' gesture. "I tend to find 'shooting them in different ways till I see what the best way is' works, but to each their own."

The gun reformed with the exception of the scope, which further came apart in front of me. I looked closely. "This allows us to see, heat?"

"Exactly," he nodded, "the snipers and spotters will be expertly hidden, but their body heat will betray them. Stealth Bucks will hide their body heat of course, but with how rare they are, they'll never have enough to last the whole night. We'll spot them all first, then take them all out in a few swift shots."

He glanced ahead to the empty hallway. "Something some ponies don't seem to get."

Crackshot tilted his head slightly, in a 'fair enough' gesture. "I tend to find 'shooting them in different ways till I see what the best way is' works, but to each their own."

"Each to their own. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have a very scientific mind. It's much easier to learn how things work rather than simply getting practice." I quieted down a little. "Though my current situation means I may need said practice."

"Exactly," he nodded, "the snipers and spotters will be expertly hidden, but their body heat will betray them. Stealth Bucks will hide their body heat of course, but with how rare they are, they'll never have enough to last the whole night. We'll spot them all first, then take them all out in a few swift shots."

"Stealth Bucks?"

He glanced ahead to the empty hallway. "Something some ponies don't seem to get."

"Paladin Fuckwit right?"

"Each to their own. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have a very scientific mind. It's much easier to learn how things work rather than simply getting practice." I quieted down a little. "Though my current situation means I may need said practice."

Crackshot nodded agreement. "You definitely seem intelligent, but you need to know more than how a gun works to survive out here. You need to know how to use it."

"Stealth Bucks?"

"A stealth device used in the war two-hundred years ago," he explained, "it turns the user completely invisible, hiding their body heat and vital signs. Too much sudden physical force, like running or firing a gun, deactivates them. Otherwise, they wear off after about an hour's time."

He stretched out his neck and lowered his shoulders, allowing them to pop. "They're hard to use properly, and even harder to find. There's no way even Blooddrop will have enough to hide them forever."

"Paladin Fuckwit right?"

He let out a quiet snort of laughter, and looked down at her. "Among others. I know I don't look like a strategist, or a leader, but I've done this before."

Hopefully she'd not ask for details - the more about himself he kept quiet, the better. The group's trust in him was sketchy enough as it was.

Crackshot nodded agreement. "You definitely seem intelligent, but you need to know more than how a gun works to survive out here. You need to know how to use it."

"Isn't it the same thing? It seems pretty simple. Reload, aim taking into account conditions, and fire taking into account potential recoil.

"A stealth device used in the war two-hundred years ago," he explained, "it turns the user completely invisible, hiding their body heat and vital signs. Too much sudden physical force, like running or firing a gun, deactivates them. Otherwise, they wear off after about an hour's time."

"How odd. I was working on steal technology before I got here. Never quite finished it though."

He let out a quiet snort of laughter, and looked down at her. "Among others. I know I don't look like a strategist, or a leader, but I've done this before."

Hopefully she'd not ask for details - the more about himself he kept quiet, the better. The group's trust in him was sketchy enough as it was.

"You're gonna have to tell me about that some day."

"Isn't it the same thing? It seems pretty simple. Reload, aim taking into account conditions, and fire taking into account potential recoil.

"Well," Crackshot muttered, and took a pause to think it over, "Yeah, more or less actually."

"How odd. I was working on steal technology before I got here. Never quite finished it though."

"There's a coincidence," he muttered, "Maybe if we get our hooves on one you can have a tinker with it."

"You're gonna have to tell me about that some day."

He bit his lip beneath his bandanna, memories starting to surface.

I'm going to need more whiskey.

"Some day," he agreed hastily, and took another pause before adding, "If we both get out of this alive, I'll tell you a little bit."

Quiet hadn't fall asleep what so ever last night, the last few days sleep has avoided his grasp. That was pretty abnormal for him, any insomnia he had from the slave camp was cured years ago. Whatever, for now at least he pushed that to the back of his mind.

"Well," Crackshot muttered, and took a pause to think it over, "Yeah, more or less actually."

"There's a coincidence," he muttered, "Maybe if we get our hooves on one you can have a tinker with it."

"Some day," he agreed hastily, and took another pause before adding, "If we both get out of this alive, I'll tell you a little bit."

"morning."

"Science. Science makes everything simpler. And when it doesn't for you, it does for me."

My eyes brightened a little. "Oh yes please."

"Nice. Hey, do you think White has any fabrics around here? I have something I'd like to try when we have time."

"morning."

"Hi." Nice entrance. I would have walked along the ceiling and jumped down in front of them instead, but that works as well.

Kronos got up again and stretched himself out with his body making audible cracks.

"Ahh." he sighed with relief before thinking to himself, Wonder what else there is to do here? I mean, the bitchy owner of this bunker don't want me to move around in here much. I honestly don't see how I can prove to be of much help to them if I can't do jack shit in here. Maybe I should at least try to give the Paladin a chance to become my next ally. I mean Foray already is sort of my ally, and she was the first one to kind of give a sucker punch to my psyche, and that's more than I can say for everyone else here. Maybe Paladin Hazelnut could take what I said to heart and change just like those other Rangers did a long time ago. Then again, it was because they liberated a bunch of slaves form a slave city. I guess it was the conditions they saw the citizens in that changed them. I don't know, maybe the Rangers are what everyone says they are after all. If that's the case with him, then I don't see any hope for any form of alliance to form between us. Kronos looked at his amulet and thought again, He did say that he was interested in this amulet that I have in my possession. Maybe if I could possibly make something like this for him or tell him how this can be made, then maybe, just maybe, he would warm up to me. But, in hindsight, it's not all that hard to make something like this because all this thing does really is heat up my nervous system to relax the nerves in my body then quickly cools them down to ease any physical pain, and in terms of my psyche, it just sends pheromones to the neuron-receptors in my brain to calm me down. The problem with trying to do that is finding the right technology to make such an intricate device, let alone make it as compact as this amulet. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking again.

You are, son, The voices in his head told him again.

Okay, Mom, seriously, butt out of my thoughts.

He's right, Athena. Let him make his own decisions. He's doing well so far.

You're right, Ulysses. I'm sorry, son.

No problem, mother.

He looked around and started impatiently pacing around the room.

"morning."

Crackshot looked at Quiet, and offered his official partner on this job a quiet nod in greeting.

"Science. Science makes everything simpler. And when it doesn't for you, it does for me."

He blinked and wiped one of his tired eyes. "Not for me, that'd be bullets."

My eyes brightened a little. "Oh yes please."

"Keep an eye out for one if we get to their armoury," he instructed, "It's a little black PipBuck-looking thing that goes around your ankle."

"Nice. Hey, do you think White has any fabrics around here? I have something I'd like to try when we have time."

He gave her a shrug. "Couldn't tell you. You'd be better asking her. What do you need?"

Foray let out a quiet groan as she shifted uncomfortably in her sleep. Having worked until she completed fully souping up Lupus' assault rifle and Kronos' new minigun, she'd fallen asleep on top of the workbench only three hours prior. The said assault rifle had served as her pillow for the night, and when she shifted, she knocked it off the bench, sending it clanging to the ground. Grunting annoyedly, she sat up and stretched, brushing a lock of stray hair out of her face to glance at the clock.

7:43... fuck.

Letting out a long yawn, she stumbled to her hooves and hopped off the table, looking around at the mess she'd made and trying to remember what she'd been doing. The minigun propped up on the corner and assault rifle laying next to it brought her back. Letting out another long yawn, she sniffled and picked up the assault rifle, heading towards the main room.

@@,

"Lupus, your rifle..." she muttered as she entered the living room, still looking weary and disheveled, with her mane and tail having fallen out of their normal, braided state. With a small effort she tossed the weapon in Lupus' direction, not really giving a damn whether or not he caught it. "Kronos... your minigun's in the other room... I'll get it later."

Another session of stretching resulted in her left hoof slamming against the corridor wall, abruptly ending her yawn. "Please don't tell me it's time to move out... I'm not awake yet..."

He blinked and wiped one of his tired eyes. "Not for me, that'd be bullets."

"Each to their own I suppose" I shrugged. "Then again, in all technicalities, science created said bullets. So in the end science is still the solution, just in a different form."

"Keep an eye out for one if we get to their armoury," he instructed, "It's a little black PipBuck-looking thing that goes around your ankle."

This is getting old, fast. "What's a PupBuck. And if it's some advanced tech, why does all your advanced tech have the word Buck in it?"

He gave her a shrug. "Couldn't tell you. You'd be better asking her. What do you need?"

"Something strong and light."

(edited)

@https://mlpforums.com/user/36045-kronos/  Hazelnut snickered a little underneath his helmet, something tells me this fellas hasn't ran into the Applejack's rangers at all. Not wanting to push the subject the ranger simply nodded and made his way through the underground complex in order to find the team he'd be fighting with. Hazelnut sneezed causing him to stop in his tracks,"funny, I don't recall ever being sick." The ranger asked himself before simply ignoring it and continuing his search. After a minute or two he finally found the room the unicorn and his red compatriot were staying. "Morning, you all seem chipper today," Hazelnut said rather blandly.

Edited by Ranger22

After close to an hour of lying about doing nothing but try and wake up, White finally had the determination to hull his ass up from the pile of boxes he had called a bad that night. Not he most comfortable place, but any bed is better than dead. Making sure is outfit was still intact, White noticed he was in a slight predicament, He had misplaced his Gas mask while using a welding mask last night, and he doesn't want to wear a welding mask. That thing is heavy. He settled for a makeshift bandanna, covering his mouth, jaw and neck. Leaving his two cybernetic eyes exposed for the first time in over a day. "World looks so much better without that damned lens in my face. So much clearer. Now then, plans. People will be doing things, Stuff will happen. Best description 22-whateverthefuck this year is." White stepped out from the robotics maintenance room and looked down the corridor to the armoury. Commotion first thing in the morning. Not what he needed. Curiosity winning over though in the end.

@@Ethan Sawyer@@Unicorncob,

"So what's going on down here so early? You're not going to rob me are you?"

"Each to their own I suppose" I shrugged. "Then again, in all technicalities, science created said bullets. So in the end science is still the solution, just in a different form."

Crackshot rolled his eyes and idly tapped the empty flask in his pocket. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

This is getting old, fast. "What's a PupBuck. And if it's some advanced tech, why does all your advanced tech have the word Buck in it?"

This is getting old, fast.

"A PipBuck is a mini computer thing Stable Dwellers have on their ankles," he explained, "And I don't know why they have those names, I ain't a Stable-Tec technician."

"Something strong and light."

He lifted a hoof and patted the worn leather barding on his body. "I'd go for leather, if I were you. Light, can take a good few bullets, and it stops the ghoul bites from getting in."

"So what's going on down here so early? You're not going to rob me are you?"

He looked up and saw White approaching, and lowered his eyebrows with a look of pure 'Are you shitting me?'. "Yeah, we're gonna take every rifle you've got and waltz out of your high-security bunker. Just you try and stop us."

He shook his head. "We just woke up early."

Crackshot rolled his eyes and idly tapped the empty flask in his pocket. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"You can't deny, it makes sense. There's a science of everything, which means everything is science.

"A PipBuck is a mini computer thing Stable Dwellers have on their ankles," he explained, "And I don't know why they have those names, I ain't a Stable-Tec technician."

I had to hold in a laugh; "Stable, tech. Seriously?!"

He lifted a hoof and patted the worn leather barding on his body. "I'd go for leather, if I were you. Light, can take a good few bullets, and it stops the ghoul bites from getting in."

"All right then. I don't know what ghouls are but all right." That looks nice.

He looked up and saw White approaching, and lowered his eyebrows with a look of pure 'Are you shitting me?'. "Yeah, we're gonna take every rifle you've got and waltz out of your high-security bunker. Just you try and stop us."

He shook his head. "We just woke up early."

"I never actually slept. So if I wanted to steal your shit White, I would have done it during the 7 or so hours you were all sleeping."

"You can't deny, it makes sense. There's a science of everything, which means everything is science.

"Alright then," Crackshot grunted, flicking one of his ears, "Then I'm an expert in 'make shit blow up and die' science."

I had to hold in a laugh; "Stable, tech. Seriously?!"

He shrugged. "I assume because their big project was the underground Stables. Y'know, the nuclear shelters to protect civilians from nuclear fallout except they were used as Stable-Tec's lab rats?"

"All right then. I don't know what ghouls are but all right." That looks nice.

He blinked and looked down at her.

Just where did this kid come from?

"Ghouls are really messed up looking ponies with horrible skin and a pension for growling and clawing," he explained, "Some of them are decent and can even talk. I make a habit of staying on the good side of those ones. Oh, and whatever you do, do not call them zombies. They take it personally."

"Alright then," Crackshot grunted, flicking one of his ears, "Then I'm an expert in 'make shit blow up and die' science."

"Oh would you look at that, another science professional in the wasteland. Welcome to hell, have fun."

He shrugged. "I assume because their big project was the underground Stables. Y'know, the nuclear shelters to protect civilians from nuclear fallout except they were used as Stable-Tec's lab rats?"

"Why not just call them bunkers? Is that not what they are? Also, nuclear. That explain why everything on the surface is so, broken."

He blinked and looked down at her.

Just where did this kid come from?

What is that look. That's not a good look.

"Ghouls are really messed up looking ponies with horrible skin and a pension for growling and clawing," he explained, "Some of them are decent and can even talk. I make a habit of staying on the good side of those ones. Oh, and whatever you do, do not call them zombies. They take it personally."

"So basically, there are some fucked up people out there. Some are fine and you can say hi to, but most are savages who have lost their mind. I can see why some would use the term zombie."

"Oh would you look at that, another science professional in the wasteland. Welcome to hell, have fun."

Crackshot snorted with amusement, flicking his short black tail. "You don't need to welcome me. I was born and raised out here, after all."

"Why not just call them bunkers? Is that not what they are? Also, nuclear. That explain why everything on the surface is so, broken."

"Don't ask me," he shrugged, "I didn't come up with them. And yeah, we're living in a two-hundred year old warzone. Balefire bombs don't mess around."

"So basically, there are some fucked up people out there. Some are fine and you can say hi to, but most are savages who have lost their mind. I can see why some would use the term zombie."

He raised an eyebrow, more out of surprise than anything.

For somepony who's never seen a ghoul before, that's pretty dead on.

"Exactly," he nodded, "They look like zombies, sure, but the sentient ones are just like us. Except they're two-hundred years old and look and smell like shit."

Crackshot snorted with amusement, flicking his short black tail. "You don't need to welcome me. I was born and raised out here, after all."

"It was more of a self-directed rhetorical statement. As in I'm welcoming myself to hell." I snickered "It'd explain why I can't die to some lower minded people."

"Don't ask me," he shrugged, "I didn't come up with them. And yeah, we're living in a two-hundred year old warzone. Balefire bombs don't mess around."

"Balefire bombs? What?"

He raised an eyebrow, more out of surprise than anything.

For somepony who's never seen a ghoul before, that's pretty dead on.

Surprised. Why?

"Exactly," he nodded, "They look like zombies, sure, but the sentient ones are just like us. Except they're two-hundred years old and look and smell like shit."

"So basically, stay away from them if possible because they all look the same."

"It was more of a self-directed rhetorical statement. As in I'm welcoming myself to hell." I snickered "It'd explain why I can't die to some lower minded people."

Crackshot snorted and flicked his tail again, glancing up at the fluorescent lights on the ceiling. "Explains why nopony who's tried has done it yet."

"Balefire bombs? What?"

"They're what sent the world to hell," He explained, "Really nasty radioactive magic bombs. They say there are some still around, but I haven't seen them. You can get tiny versions in the form of Balefire Eggs, with Launchers for them. Great at parties."

A dark smirk crossed his face under his bandanna.

Surprised. Why?

"So basically, stay away from them if possible because they all look the same."

He nodded once. "More or less. If you ever come across New Appleloosa, a ghoul named Ditzy runs the general store. Not a talker, but one of the few goodhearted ponies left."

Crackshot snorted and flicked his tail again, glancing up at the fluorescent lights on the ceiling. "Explains why nopony who's tried has done it yet."

"Who has done what to who and why what now? I'm partially confused about this."

"They're what sent the world to hell," He explained, "Really nasty radioactive magic bombs. They say there are some still around, but I haven't seen them. You can get tiny versions in the form of Balefire Eggs, with Launchers for them. Great at parties."

A dark smirk crossed his face under his bandanna.

"Oh that does sound like a fun party. I wonder, how big would the rebound be if I ate an active balefire egg and it detonated inside of me. Hmm."

He nodded once. "More or less. If you ever come across New Appleloosa, a ghoul named Ditzy runs the general store. Not a talker, but one of the few goodhearted ponies left."

"Ditzy. Interesting. Both the name and the concept that someone like that would run a store."

"Who has done what to who and why what now? I'm partially confused about this."

"You can't be killed by idiots," Crackshot explained, "And everypony who's tried to kill you has failed. Get it now?"

"Oh that does sound like a fun party. I wonder, how big would the rebound be if I ate an active balefire egg and it detonated inside of me. Hmm."

"I guess there's no harm in trying it out," he muttered, "If you feel like being a radioactive immortal pony with prune skin and a pension for pony flesh the rest of your life."

"Ditzy. Interesting. Both the name and the concept that someone like that would run a store."

"Don't let it put you off, she's actually really together. Poor girl was a slave who got her tongue cut out."

"You can't be killed by idiots," Crackshot explained, "And everypony who's tried to kill you has failed. Get it now?"

"Yea, I get it now. Though, if someone were to hear that without any sort of context, they could easily get the message that anyone who tries to kill me is an idiot."

"I guess there's no harm in trying it out," he muttered, "If you feel like being a radioactive immortal pony with prune skin and a pension for pony flesh the rest of your life."

"I doubt that. Have you seen what happens when I get shot."

"Don't let it put you off, she's actually really together. Poor girl was a slave who got her tongue cut out."

"This wasteland is even more hostile than I thought. Slavers!"

"Yea, I get it now. Though, if someone were to hear that without any sort of context, they could easily get the message that anyone who tries to kill me is an idiot."

Crackshot let out the smallest smirk beneath his bandanna, and Scarlett could see some amusement in his eyes.

That's what I was getting at.

"I doubt that. Have you seen what happens when I get shot."

"Yeah," he muttered, "And judging by that, I don't want to be around to see you eat a small nuclear explosive."

"This wasteland is even more hostile than I thought. Slavers!"

"Slavers and Raiders," he muttered, a hint of venom in his voice, "The two worst things on the planet, in my mind."

Crackshot let out the smallest smirk beneath his bandanna, and Scarlett could see some amusement in his eyes.

That's what I was getting at.

"Oh. Oooohhhhh. You insane fuck." I grinned at him. What was this? I was enjoying spending time with someone? No, it must just be a side effect of the time thing or something.

"Yeah," he muttered, "And judging by that, I don't want to be around to see you eat a small nuclear explosive."

"I don't want to be around me if I eat a small nuclear explosive."

"Slavers and Raiders," he muttered, a hint of venom in his voice, "The two worst things on the planet, in my mind."

"You can expand that to the universe. Unless you count that flesh eating virus that swept the planet 50 years ago..."

• Brohoof 1