Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

(edited)

@

Seeing Kronos slowly approaching, and noting how exhausted he looked from carrying the minigun, she stated, "Y'know, there's a strap on that thing."

When Kronos heard Foray, he looked up at her with a confused look. A strap? he thought to himself as he inspected his weapon one more time. When he finally found the strap, he slapped his claw onto his face and blushed in embarrassment. He replied, "Oh, didn't see that. Hehehe, thanks for telling me. And here I'm being an idiot that's lugging this thing in front of me." He slung the strap over his shoulder and rolled his shoulders. Ahh, he thought, much better, and much easier to carry around, too.

Edited by Kronos

"If you have the skill for it," Crackshot reminded her, turning to look at his... possibly 'friend', "We have to make do with what we find out here. Stealth Bucks aren't easy to come across."

"Oh, you wont have to worry about my skills. But yes, I've heard. They are very hard to come across. Hopefully we can find one, it would help."

"Later," he muttered, and glanced up toward the ponies around. Especially Quiet, Kronos and Hazelnut. "The wrong ponies might be listening."

"Now you see my point."

"I was wondering why you dropped it like that," he muttered, then glanced through the scope again. He spotted a Bloatsprite in the distance, buzzing around erratically. "Let's see how you do with a moving target. Take out that Bloatsprite there."

I looked through the scope to the bloatsprite, or what I thought was the bloatsprite. It was moving around and it looked bloated, so it must be it. I lined up a shot based on where I thought it was going to be, and fired. The bullet clipped it's wing, sending it crashing to the ground.

(edited)

Hazelnut was perplexed on his parties actions, they left early in order to assault the raider base yet they halted all progress to waste time in the middle of the wasteland. Not wanting assume anything without further investigation Hazelnut began observing his teammates from a reasonable distance. "Practice? They fucking stopped just to practice? Why the hell are they assaulting a well fortified base when they're not even fucking prepared on the day they actually attack!?! Hazelnut frustratingly thought to himself as he watched them practice with the armaments they had in hoof. The little red pony was testing out her skills with the sniper she had acquired earlier with the shotgun unicorn. The need for practice would have proved my past complaint, if the fact she hit a moving target as small as a bloatsprite didn't exist. What the hell is with this little fucking whore? The ranger thought before wandering off to look for his other teammates. After a bit of searching the ranger found three more of his group, the unicorn with a throat problem, the stable dweller, and the Cyborg. 

The cyborg was armed with a minigun, a suitable weapon for a pony of his stature. Unfortunately without a baddlesaddle it would way him down immensely, with a strap or without a strap. The female unicorn was currently drilling the stable dweller on how to use his newly acquired rifle. Though hazelnut appreciated the unicorn's effort to help the weakest link in the group, the advice given was fairly atrocious. Fully automatic and recoil control? Those two were like night and day, no matter how well a pony could handle recoil, a rifle firing in full auto wouldn't be able to effectively hit anything no matter how hard the user tried, especially when distance was put into consideration. Firing well placed shots using less than four rounds at a time would conserve ammo and greatly increase the chance of hitting ones target. Hazelnut would have walked up and told him, but the possibility of looting the pipbuck from the dweller's dead corpse was enough incentive for the ranger not too.

Edited by Ranger22

@

Foray gave Lupus a disdainful glance. Sure, his aim was fine enough, but lining up a sight on a target forty feet away and firing one shot was about the same difficulty as throwing a radroach leg into a waste container -- basically none at all.

"Y'know, that gun is automatic for a reason -- to obliterate armor and lay down suppressive fire. Not for firing once every millennium. If you never fire at full auto, you're not gonna learn good recoil control. So come on, take another go at those rocks, and don't stop until your mag is empty." Leaning back and plonking down onto her haunches, she added, "Also, try not to murder anyone just yet."

@

Seeing Kronos slowly approaching, and noting how exhausted he looked from carrying the minigun, she stated, "Y'know, there's a strap on that thing."

"Well, alright. But won't that waste a lot of ammo? I know I'm no expert on guns, but I've played enough first person shooters to know that I'll run out of ammo faster than you can say sweet Celestia. Firing in bursts of 3 to 5 shots should be more affective. And also, the reason I only fired once before is so I could get a feel for how much kick this thing has before I start firing full or semi auto."

Lupus then proceded to start firing at the rocks again.

(Whoa... hakuna your tatas, Hazelnut)

"Oh, you wont have to worry about my skills. But yes, I've heard. They are very hard to come across. Hopefully we can find one, it would help."

Crackshot nodded. "If we find one at the Raider base, feel free to poke around with it. Not much use I'll have for them."

"Now you see my point."

He looked back at Hazelnut, and he could just tell the Steel Ranger was getting more and more worked up the more time they spent warming up.

"Soldier boy's going to have another hissy fit," he murmured, "Let's hurry this up and get moving."

I looked through the scope to the bloatsprite, or what I thought was the bloatsprite. It was moving around and it looked bloated, so it must be it. I lined up a shot based on where I thought it was going to be, and fired. The bullet clipped it's wing, sending it crashing to the ground.

He watched this time as she fired, noting that there was little to no recoil. He blinked in curiosity - nopony's grip was that strong... was it?

He looked down his scope to see that while she hadn't killed the bloatsprite, she had clipped its wing. Still not bad for a first try.

"Not bad," he nodded, then looked at her rifle, "You've got a good strong grip."

"Aww what? Why do you have to go already? You essentially only just got here. Come on, don't be like that."

"Blood, you know I'd stay if I could. But for now I have to get back to the others. I have to keep my disguise and make sure they follow out the plan we have set out. Keep them funnelled along the path we set out. So I have to get going."

"Fine then. Go and do your things then. We already know how this will turn out and it's you we're talking about so I have no worries."

"Yeah yeah, thanks for letting me borrow one of these gas masks. Good to keep a general appearance. The slight extra padding on the Cage armour is nice and should help me tank a bullet or two more. I'll bring this back in one or two pieces. Maybe. Who knows? Anyway, I'll see you later. Maybe tonight, if not early tomorrow. Gonna be a busy day for us  One last thing. I'll be taking this Stealth Buck. Kind of need it to get back unseen."

White left the main building and entered back into the town. From the top of the crater he took one look back at the town before activating a stealth buck, and heading back down the mountain to meet up with the group.

Crackshot nodded. "If we find one at the Raider base, feel free to poke around with it. Not much use I'll have for them."

"That sounds great! If the tech I've seen around here is anything to go by, I could most likely double it's effects. Or at least find a way to work it into a smaller area."

He looked back at Hazelnut, and he could just tell the Steel Ranger was getting more and more worked up the more time they spent warming up.

"Soldier boy's going to have another hissy fit," he murmured, "Let's hurry this up and get moving."

"Oh god, you've got that right."

He watched this time as she fired, noting that there was little to no recoil. He blinked in curiosity - nopony's grip was that strong... was it?

He looked down his scope to see that while she hadn't killed the bloatsprite, she had clipped its wing. Still not bad for a first try.

"Not bad," he nodded, then looked at her rifle, "You've got a good strong grip."

"Thanks. I've got strong magic. Also, little tip. If you have time to and know how, you could always project the recoil from the gun onto the bullet itself. Add a little bit of extra power and remove the recoil. Not sure if it'd work, but it could help."

@

Foray snorted lightly. "Lu, I made this thing with recoil compensation in mind. Yeah, going full auto will cost us a few shells, but if you get used to full auto recoil, then when you're actually shooting at shit with bursts, it'll be a breeze to handle. I'm just trying to get you to get the feel for the gun, since you haven't used one of these in your life."

@

"I don't suppose you'll be needing target practice too or anything else like that," Foray stated, turning towards Kronos. "The less time we waste out here, the better. I just hope White returns by the time we're all ready to go, or someone might flip out and do something rash." Stepping a bit closer, she said in a hushed tone, "Probably soldier boy over there, he looks antsy."

• Brohoof 1

@

Foray snorted lightly. "Lu, I made this thing with recoil compensation in mind. Yeah, going full auto will cost us a few shells, but if you get used to full auto recoil, then when you're actually shooting at shit with bursts, it'll be a breeze to handle. I'm just trying to get you to get the feel for the gun, since you haven't used one of these in your life."

@

"I don't suppose you'll be needing target practice too or anything else like that," Foray stated, turning towards Kronos. "The less time we waste out here, the better. I just hope White returns by the time we're all ready to go, or someone might flip out and do something rash." Stepping a bit closer, she said in a hushed tone, "Probably soldier boy over there, he looks antsy."

When Kronos caught up and heard Foray, he simply smirked and laughed. Well, he thought, it seems that everyone is getting a feel for their weapons. Luckily, I don't need to get a feel for my weapon. I just need to make sure that I fire at large groups of enemies. He sighed before continuing to think, If only this minigun has an explosive effect, then I wouldn't need to aim THAT well. At least with an explosive weapon you can disregard most of your aim considering the potency of the explosive shots. Still, this'll suffice. I'm more than capable of wielding this weapon with enough proficiency considering my experience with this type if weapon as well as other heavy weapons. My main asset, however, is my bloodrage. I've been close to unleashing it before, but my companions have calmed me down, so I was unable to do so. However, considering that we're about to have some new targets approaching, it's only a matter of time until my primal fury is unleashed upon those who deserve to feel my relentless wrath.

@

"Sure thing."

Lupus got ready to fire, took a deep breath, and pulled on the bit. A stream of bullets started spewing from the end of the barrel, embedding themselves in and bouncing off of the rocks.

'Dang, this thing has a lot more kick than I thought.' Lupus thought.

"That sounds great! If the tech I've seen around here is anything to go by, I could most likely double it's effects. Or at least find a way to work it into a smaller area."

Crackshot regarded Red with an almost amused look in his eyes. Obviously, tinkering was this mare's department. That would prove useful out here.

"Oh god, you've got that right."

He took a look around to make sure everypony was getting together and organised. He wanted to get moving soon.

"Thanks. I've got strong magic. Also, little tip. If you have time to and know how, you could always project the recoil from the gun onto the bullet itself. Add a little bit of extra power and remove the recoil. Not sure if it'd work, but it could help."

He tilted his head slightly, curious about that notion, and thought the process through in his head. Telekinesis somehow forcing the recoil power into the bullet and giving it some more kick.

"I'll try it out later." He said, though not dismissively.

He took a look around him, and noticed a head was missing. Where had White gone?

After a time walking back through the mountain passes, White saw his group had moving forward slightly sooner than planned. It didn't matter much, he was positive the defences of home will hold. He came towards them at an angle as to make it seem like he had be skirting around the mountain before making himself noticed. 

@@Unicorncob,

@,

@,

@@Meson Bolt,

@@Ethan Sawyer,

@@Ranger22,

"Hey, idiots A though Z. You're earlier than I anticipated. Can't complain, that's more of a good thing than anything else. Sooner we get going the better. I just want to make sure we all have this clarified in our heads. We do have a plan, that we all know and we're all going to follow right? We all know how to shoot and non of us will think twice about putting a 100 bullets into a Raider? Okay?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Child Of Darkness

"That would hardly be ammo-effective," Foray quipped sarcastically, a bit relieved and a bit disgruntled to see White. "But yeah, I think we're about as ready as we'll ever be." Sidling up to him, she added quietly, "As for a plan, the mention of it seems to irritate some of the crew, and quite frankly other than busting a cap in anypony trying to shoot me, nopony told me what the fuck we're doing."

(edited)

"Hey, idiots A though Z. You're earlier than I anticipated. Can't complain, that's more of a good thing than anything else. Sooner we get going the better. I just want to make sure we all have this clarified in our heads. We do have a plan, that we all know and we're all going to follow right? We all know how to shoot and non of us will think twice about putting a 100 bullets into a Raider? Okay?"

Crackshot's ears pricked up as he heard White's voice from further away. He turned to face them and nodded. "Yeah, we have a plan. I've done this kind of thing before."

"As for a plan, the mention of it seems to irritate some of the crew, and quite frankly other than busting a cap in anypony trying to shoot me, nopony told me what the fuck we're doing."

A small sigh escaped through his clenched teeth. Why in the hell did nopony ever listen to him for once?

"You wait until Red and I start sniping, then move in once their numbers have lowered. Got it now?"

He looked around the group, narrowing his eyes with determination. "I hope you're all ready, because we move now."
Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

Kronos head made a mechanical whirring sound as it cocked towards White after hearing the pony's orders.

Where the fuck did she come from? he thought to himself, Ah well, better not think about it too much. Might as well go with whatever the hell she tell you to do.

With that thought, he followed behind Foray.

• Brohoof 1

He tilted his head slightly, curious about that notion, and thought the process through in his head. Telekinesis somehow forcing the recoil power into the bullet and giving it some more kick.

"I'll try it out later." He said, though not dismissively.

"Let me know if it works, I've yet to test it myself." That's assuming you know how.

"I'll just follow Shut's lead. I'm still not sure why I'm even helping you guys."

He looked around the group, narrowing his eyes with determination. "I hope you're all ready, because we move now."

"Fun!" she said sarcastically. Her pistols came up and reloaded themselves before slotting into their holsters with a click, and her sniper did the same. "I'm ready."

(edited)

The return of the pip buck wielding unicorn brought a sense of relief to hazelnut. It wasn't really the unicorn's appearance that brought comfort, it was the ability to get the mission going that made hazelnut's day a little brighter. Hazelnut got up from his resting position and joined up with his group as soon as the pipbuck stallion began talking. The ranger wasn't exactly confident in the plan his team had in place, a day or two of planning was never enough when it meant cracking a stronghold, Fillydelphia was evidence enough. It wouldn't matter; in his experience, changing a ponie's mind when it was made up was next to impossible. Letting the chips fall as they may the ranger simply kept silent as he followed the group to what seemed to be a gate to tartarus. 

Edited by Ranger22

(edited)

"You know, originally I had hopes that I might be able to get a group that can actually do things together as a team. You know, the basic fundamentals of working together to tackle a task in which you are far outmatched, considering the strengths and weaknesses of everyone and forming a plan that works best for the team. It's basic military. What do any of you know about discipline and organised strikes? Whatever, it seems like we have at least some form of plan that involves. Dancing with snipers followed by a fractional assault, most likely engaging at mid range fire fights. Without sniper support they have no chance of attacking the back line allowing our snipers to assist in the main fighting without the worry of being shot back. All right, that works for now. Have you taken into consideration their Power armour deployment, explosives, do you have ideas of your flanking routes both to a for, have you taken into consideration that they literally control creatures that can burrow beneath you, pop out of the ground at any point and kill you before you have time to react? We're going to die aren't we?"

'Never leave amateurs to do a professionals job.'

Edited by Child Of Darkness
  • Brohoof 1

"You know, originally I had hopes that I might be able to get a group that can actually do things together as a team. You know, the basic fundamentals of working together to tackle a task in which you are far outmatched, considering the strengths and weaknesses of everyone and forming a plan that works best for the team. It's basic military. What do any of you know about discipline and organised strikes? Whatever, it seems like we have at least some form of plan that involves. Dancing with snipers followed by a fractional assault, most likely engaging at mid range fire fights. Without sniper support they have no chance of attacking the back line allowing our snipers to assist in the main fighting without the worry of being shot back. All right, that works for now. Have you taken into consideration their Power armour deployment, explosives, do you have ideas of your flanking routes both to a for, have you taken into consideration that they literally control creatures that can burrow beneath you, pop out of the ground at any point and kill you before you have time to react? We're going to die aren't we?"

Lupus had stopped firing and was listening to what the mare was saying.

"Wait, what? Creatures that can burrow underneath us? The more I learn about this world I woke up to the less I like it. But anyways,

Kronos head made a mechanical whirring sound as it cocked towards White after hearing the pony's orders.

Where the fuck did she come from? he thought to himself, Ah well, better not think about it too much. Might as well go with whatever the hell she tell you to do.

With that thought, he followed behind Foray.

"Hey Kronos, you wanna team up? You know, I watch your back and you watch mine? Wadaya say?"

(edited)

@@,

"We're all kind of supposed to be a team here, genius," Foray said, having overheard Lupus' question and moving to walk alongside him. "That being said, throwing a bunch of amateurs together and expecting them to play to each others' strengths and help cover each others' weaknesses is was a pretty crappy plan to begin with. Doubt it would even work with trained soldiers, given we only had about a day."

She went silent for a moment, quietly studying Kronos and Lupus -- the two team members she'd manage to keep on her good side thus far. Kronos was resilient and reliable, as far as she'd seen; she felt like he was the only actual pal she had in the group. She could rely on him in a pinch, but wasn't so sure she could reciprocate. Lupus, well... he was green and clueless, and was probably going to die, but a welcome teammate anyway; better him to take a shot than her. She secretly hoped that his blind determination in the face of danger would be enough to pull him through, but the writing seemed to be on the wall for him.

And then there was her. Clever, resourceful, in control. Less of a team player and more of a lone wolf. She'd never been a pony easy to get along with, and even when she was amicable, she'd still deny any sort of friendship with anypony to keep up the facade of having transcended conflict in the wasteland. Survival was her middle name, and she was determined to come out of this scenario in one piece, regardless of whether or not she'd completed the mission or how many teammates she'd sacrificed. Though her enemies were as mortal as she was, she did not come here to die.

A cold chill descended on her body as she realized the heartlessness of her thoughts. The wasteland was a savage place, where ponies eat other ponies, hellhounds and radscorpions maul and mutilate unsuspecting wanderers, and the most resilient powered suit can be taken down in an instant with a single armor piercing round. She had been forced out of an uncomfortable, unloving home, into a vicious, merciless, cruel world, and she'd transcended it. She was the Wayfarer. She was above killing for caps. She was above emotion. She would always sacrifice a few to save many, no matter how difficult.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she flipped the hood of her jacket up around her head to cloak her face in its shadow as she fought tears. She was shocked at the monster she'd become, but savage times called for savage measures. Silently she trudged on.

Edited by Meson Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

"Let me know if it works, I've yet to test it myself." That's assuming you know how.

Crackshot nodded, keeping the idea stored away for later. It was definitely worth a test run.

"I'll just follow Shut's lead. I'm still not sure why I'm even helping you guys."

Seeing the disarray the 'team' was in, he couldn't help but silently sympathise.

I don't blame you.

Though, he appreciated Red's faith in him. At least somepony had some.

"Fun!" she said sarcastically. Her pistols came up and reloaded themselves before slotting into their holsters with a click, and her sniper did the same. "I'm ready."

He rolled his neck and cocked his shotgun before holstering it.

White's comments finally caused a snap in the unicorn's brain. He turned to face the stranger, eyes narrowed and pupils almost dilated with rage.

His brain began working itself into a fury.

It was originally supposed to be just him and Quiet. He never asked to be part of a team. These lunatics just happened to start trailing after him like a legion of lost puppies, and he had to think fast about making them into an effective fighting force.

But, apparently, given how little interested they were in listening to a thing he had to say, that was impossible.

These ponies dragged themselves into this. Save for a select few, they could get turned into puddles of blood and giblets for all he cared at the moment.

He stomped over and got right into White's face. "If you can manage to stop being a patronizing little shit-stain for five minutes, I'll show you how the fuck it's done." If he weren't wearing his bandanna over his mouth, furious spits would be shooting onto the other pony's muzzle.

He stomped ahead, in the direction of the raider camp. "Move." He barked, not even bothering to look back and see if they were following. He'd take on this army alone if he had to.

"Hey Kronos, you wanna team up? You know, I watch your back and you watch mine? Wadaya say?"

He looked at Lupus. With a smirk and a laugh, he replied, "Of course, dude. Who else would I trust to team up with?" He then thought and his mind went straight to Foray. I guess I could trust her, he thought before shaking his head, no, no, no, you can't be thinking that way about her. Not now. Not until she feels comfortable with it.

@@,

"We're all kind of supposed to be a team here, genius," Foray said, having overheard Lupus' question and moving to walk alongside him. "That being said, throwing a bunch of amateurs together and expecting them to play to each others' strengths and help cover each others' weaknesses is was a pretty crappy plan to begin with. Doubt it would even work with trained soldiers, given we only had about a day."

She went silent for a moment, quietly studying Kronos and Lupus -- the two team members she'd manage to keep on her good side thus far. Kronos was resilient and reliable, as far as she'd seen; she felt like he was the only actual pal she had in the group. She could rely on him in a pinch, but wasn't so sure she could reciprocate. Lupus, well... he was green and clueless, and was probably going to die, but a welcome teammate anyway; better him to take a shot than her. She secretly hoped that his blind determination in the face of danger would be enough to pull him through, but the writing seemed to be on the wall for him.

And then there was her. Clever, resourceful, in control. Less of a team player and more of a lone wolf. She'd never been a pony easy to get along with, and even when she was amicable, she'd still deny any sort of friendship with anypony to keep up the facade of having transcended conflict in the wasteland. Survival was her middle name, and she was determined to come out of this scenario in one piece, regardless of whether or not she'd completed the mission or how many teammates she'd sacrificed. Though her enemies were as mortal as she was, she did not come here to die.

A cold chill descended on her body as she realized the heartlessness of her thoughts. The wasteland was a savage place, where ponies eat other ponies, hellhounds and radscorpions maul and mutilate unsuspecting wanderers, and the most resilient powered suit can be taken down in an instant with a single armor piercing round. She had been forced out of an uncomfortable, unloving home, into a vicious, merciless, cruel world, and she'd transcended it. She was the Wayfarer. She was above killing for caps. She was above emotion. She would always sacrifice a few to save many, no matter how difficult.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she flipped the hood of her jacket up around her head to cloak her face in its shadow as she fought tears. She was shocked at the monster she'd become, but savage times called for savage measures. Silently she trudged on.

Kronos noticed that Foray was hiding her face in her hood when she came up to them. Should I say something, he asked himself, maybe I should. It's the least I should do to show that I care about her. With a deep breath, he turned towards Foray and asked, "Hey, Foray, you alright?"

(edited)

He looked at Lupus. With a smirk and a laugh, he replied, "Of course, dude. Who else would I trust to team up with?" 

Foray bit her lip at his comment, which she thought wasn't meant to be overheard. Ouch.

With a deep breath, he turned towards Foray and asked, "Hey, Foray, you alright?"

Regaining her composure like the master of regaining composure she was, she turned her head towards him and stared him straight in the eyes, responding in a sincere tone, "Yup, I'm fine. Just a bit worried about being recognized. I'm a rather well-known face." She emphasized the statement with a quick confirmation of her revolver's barrels being full; she'd never needed to check before, but experience had taught her it was a convincing gesture.

Not like you actually care.

He stomped ahead, in the direction of the raider camp. "Move." He barked, not even bothering to look back and see if they were following. He'd take on this army alone if he had to.

Finally, somepony has the balls to give this gaggle orders. Where was that when we were coming up with a plan? Better late than never, I guess...

Edited by Meson Bolt

(edited)

@@Unicorncob, White laughed as Crackshot got into a fit of anger. This was good, this kind of drive was something the people here lacked. White didn't hesitate and walk alongside Crackshot. "That kind of drive is something you need. With a fury like yours, you could take on this entire facility yourself. Sorry about getting you riled up like that, but I had to see if you actually had some determination in you to do this. My faith in you was certainly not misplaced. I'd say our chances of winning just went from Fuck All, to, We may stand a chance."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

All hazelnut could do was walk and take in everything the ponies around him were saying. The pipbuck wielding unicorn's comment was disgruntling but brought up a fair amount of points. It once again made the ranger's doubts about the experience of his team reemerge, but then again the ranger hardly knew any pony around him so it wasn't particularly fair for either him or the unicorn to judge before seeing any of them in action. What particularly annoyed Hazelnut was the fact that the unicorn dismissed his experience and skill. It might of just been his narcissism kicking in but the ranger didn't fight off the countless enemies of the steelrangers for over twenty five years to be dismissed by wasteland trash. Really, Hazelnut had nothing to benefit by arguing with the ponies around him or brag about distant accomplishments so he chose not to bring up anything outside of his mind. Hazelnut instead subtly stretched his limbs in order to assure he turned quick enough to to use his heavy weaponry to the best of his ability.