Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

@@Ethan Sawyer, "Odd request. But I can do that. This worlds basic history is that once upon a time we use to be a peaceful nation. War was just a story and it was a nice place. So I've been told. Then over 200 years ago a war broke out which dropped Mega Spells on the world, turning it into an irradiated Wasteland. Not suitable for life at all. People survived by hiding in huge underground shelters called Stables. Personally I would have called them Vaults, but that's just me. After 200 years nothing much happened. Then about 10 years ago a mare came crawling out of a Stable by the name of Littlepip. She tried to "save the wasteland" Almost succeeded too. But died before she could clear the clouds, which is why we have no sun nor moon. Just clouds.

That's basic history covered. Now current world affairs. The place you are at is called Junction R-7 located a wee bit on the eastern side of the Wasteland. Major trading hub for all corners of the wasteland. Set up originally as a home for Littlepip and her companions way back when. East of here you have Manehatten, Mostly a town in ruins at this point. Uninhabitable, but has some good loot left over. Fillydelphia a short bit north of that. Use to be run by slavers. It was abandoned, but I wouldn't be surprised is a faction had moved in and took over what was left after Red eye vanished. North again is Canterlot. Under no condition do you go to that city. You will die. A few more towns surround us to the West and south, ain't much directly north of here though. Shattered Hoof north of here. And a whole bunch to the West, but it's really dangerous and I do not recommend heading that way. I don't have a map to show you.

Power Players/ People you should know: Basically every town represents itself, we don't have an overarching government any more. DJ-PON3 is the host of the wastelands Radio news and disk jockey, What does that mean, hell if I know. He gives out all the important news that you should listen out for. Brotherhood Of Steel use to be a major power, they're big ponies in hulking suits of power armour with the most fire-power you will ever see. Dangerous bunch and will kill you over a piece of tech. Avoid them if you can. Trust me, you will spot them on sight. A small faction does exist out west called Little Hope. They think they can finish what Littlepip started. They're all radicals if you ask me. The new big players around here are called White Sting. They live over in those mountains way out to the east. They're called Raiders, savages, murderers because of how they act to the outside world. But they have their reasons for doing so. They're building a future within those mountains. One in which we can use what we already have in the world, no matter how broken or deadly it is and turn it into something that will make a difference. Imma let you in on a secret since White trusts you." The guard pulled down the Scarf that had been covering his mouth this whole time. Revealing a small white sigil on the bottom of his jaw. "I'm one of them. This is how we are marked, doesn't allow anyone to infiltrate us and destroy what we have worked for years to achieve." He put the scarf back up before anyone could spot his markings.

"What else do you need to know? Oh yeah, everything you see in the wasteland most likely wants to rip you apart and eat you alive. Be careful what you do, because someone will place a bounty on you if you annoy the wrong people. Always watch your back and carry a gun. Very few ponies are trust worthy these days. Oh, and you need to find allies. A community. A family what ever you want to call it. You will need someone to watch your back eventually. Lone wolfs don't usually last very long, and if they do. All the more reason to avoid becoming like them. I think that summarised most think. I may have skipped over a lot otherwise I would be talking for hours. Anything else? Preferably something that does not require me to speak as much. My throat hurts now,"

Scarlett stood there taking in the new I formation. She gave a couple of nods as she pony spoke as well as a few "ok's" when she heard a particularly useful bit of information. She decided to make a summary in her head and check with him. "So, to put it simply, most things will try to kill me so I should get someone to work with because it's hard surviving alone? "

@@Ethan Sawyer

@@Child Of Darkness

Storm followed the mare as she went back to the town, he kept his distance from her as he was still deciding a name for her. He was quite surprised at how friendly the guard was at the mention of EDEN, it was like not many ponies knew the name of the bot, probably because they were killed instead of being let go. He eavesdropped a bit on the conversation she was having with the guard, smiling a bit as his faction wasn't mentioned, it was good that they weren't well known. "That about sumz it up." he said to the mare, now being part of the conversation. "You zeem to be taking this well." he added, surprised at her lack of concern for her harsh new reality. 

@@Ethan Sawyer, @@Defender of Tomorrow,@@Child Of Darkness,

"Future?" Allegory muttered to herself and her tenseness turned into confusion, looking at the three. She could immediately identify one as the horrible-looking stallion that appeared in the shop, but there was also a red unicorn mare and...a floating pre-war Eyebot? She had never seen a working one before; ever since the virtual destruction of the Enclave. many of its tech was scattered around for others to pick up. However, those tech were usually beyond the capabilities of a normal technician or engineer. The mare also noticed the stallion to be filled with cybernetic parts, and stared for a good moment. So he was a cyberpony after all...his voice sounded like one but I could never confirm it until now...who is he working with?

Allegory tried to piece together the information. For a mare that was being surrounded by a talking bot and a cyberpony and being asked questions she certainly was stoic. And the Eyebot was codenamed EDEN: she couldn't connect it to anything else, but it was information worth keeping. And it seemed like one of the guards was associated with him – a guard that was in their very town. "Hmph. I've got a lot of questions to ask when I get back..." she immediately ducked down at an angle to prevent detection from the eyebot, and once she was certain she was out of its sight Allegory moved away from the group and circled around to return to the town.

And it didn't take long to track down the red mare again, and quietly Allegory blended in by sitting against the stairs of the general supply store, overhearing their talk. For the first ten minutes or so it was the obvious: information she already knew. But she found it a bit...off that the said guard was willingly giving her this much information. That means this...EDEN saw her as important. They want the future mare on their side.

But then the guard's final statements hit her: he wasn't just secretly with this EDEN. He was with the White Sting Raiders. "Shit..." she muttered quietly to herself, tightening her grip ever so subtly. I should have known that guy wasn't all there was too him...and now I can confirm it, Allegory thought to herself, struck by realization. Never told me his name, never interacted with the others, always wore that scarf, and–

The other cyberpony then approached the two, and Allegory's line of thought was cut. She now needed a plan to single out the guard and interrogate him...ask him for a favor or help, maybe. Then injure him and tie him down. Allegory needed more information on this White Sting and "EDEN". The red mare was the next target. But now, she waited silently for them to leave so she could prepare to apprehend him.

Storm followed the mare as she went back to the town, he kept his distance from her as he was still deciding a name for her. He was quite surprised at how friendly the guard was at the mention of EDEN, it was like not many ponies knew the name of the bot, probably because they were killed instead of being let go. He eavesdropped a bit on the conversation she was having with the guard, smiling a bit as his faction wasn't mentioned, it was good that they weren't well known. "That about sumz it up." he said to the mare, now being part of the conversation. "You zeem to be taking this well." he added, surprised at her lack of concern for her harsh new reality.

"Let's just say the place I come from is pretty much heading along the same path. And if you plan to travel great distances, learn to expect the unexpected." Scarlett said, speaking in a way that made it seem like she knew exactly what she was talking about. Which she pretty much did, but who knew.

Scarlett stood there taking in the new I formation. She gave a couple of nods as she pony spoke as well as a few "ok's" when she heard a particularly useful bit of information. She decided to make a summary in her head and check with him. "So, to put it simply, most things will try to kill me so I should get someone to work with because it's hard surviving alone? "

"Yeah that's about it in short. Everything wants everything dead. I hate to compare us to wild animals but it's the law of the jungle. Survival of the strong. It's brutal alone but a family makes it doable. I don't understand what you mean when you say the place you're from was heading down the same road, maybe White could make more sense out of it. Either way, I can't offer you much in the way of aid right now, but what I can do is give you a recommendation. My family is always looking for more help, they can give you protection, training, clean food and water, a safe home and companions. Most people misunderstand us because of our origins and how we protect ourselves. That's really all I can offer you, and since White seems to trust you, so do I."

The guard did not react much to seeing the Cyber pony. From how they talked they seemed to be acquainted. But his ears did flick up as he heard someone mumbling close by. He stood and held onto his .44 Revolver in an action stance. "Someone's listening."

"Yeah that's about it in short. Everything wants everything dead. I hate to compare us to wild animals but it's the law of the jungle. Survival of the strong. It's brutal alone but a family makes it doable. I don't understand what you mean when you say the place you're from was heading down the same road, maybe White could make more sense out of it. Either way, I can't offer you much in the way of aid right now, but what I can do is give you a recommendation. My family is always looking for more help, they can give you protection, training, clean food and water, a safe home and companions. Most people misunderstand us because of our origins and how we protect ourselves. That's really all I can offer you, and since White seems to trust you, so do I."

"Maybe, I still don't know much about you. I think I'll stick to my own devices for now. Though, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get a gun? And what I would need to buy said gun."

The guard did not react much to seeing the Cyber pony. From how they talked they seemed to be acquainted. But his ears did flick up as he heard someone mumbling close by. He stood and held onto his .44 Revolver in an action stance. "Someone's listening."

Scarlett stood there confused for a moment before saying "Yea, I know. I thought he was with you?"

As Kronos approached them, he held his front hooves up and managed to walk normally in his hind legs saying, "Guys, dont fret. I mean you no harm. Im just a lone drifter looking for some ponies to hang around with and possibly get paid in the process. Just so that you know, i can get a little crazy when im all on my own. Trust me, being alone in the Wasteland for the past 200 years can do a number on ya, hehehe. By the way, if there's a prerequisite to joining, im already packing some heat on me." He pulled out a dinged up 10mm pistol from a holster on his hind leg which jerked forward and got stuck. "DAMMIT!!" Kronos exclaimed in pain, "Not again. These joints of mine really need to get upgraded or fixed ASAP cuz this really hurts like a bitch." He noticed that the others were looking at him wierdly. He told them, "Look, i know i look like a freak that can somehow walk on his hind legs, but i was like this long before the megaspells went off and made Equestria the hell hole it is today. Ahh, what I'd give to see this place the way it was before shit hit the fan."

Crackshot watched as the pony raised up on his hind legs and walked up to them, announcing his harmlessness.

He just watched as the stallion made a bit of a spectacle of himself, with an unreadable expression.

Where do these ponies keep coming from?

Nonetheless, he shrugged and started walking on. "Whatever, do what you like. Just don't get yourself shot."

Crackshot watched as the pony raised up on his hind legs and walked up to them, announcing his harmlessness.

He just watched as the stallion made a bit of a spectacle of himself, with an unreadable expression.

Where do these ponies keep coming from?

Nonetheless, he shrugged and started walking on. "Whatever, do what you like. Just don't get yourself shot."

Kronos eagerly ran into the group, placing his robotic arms around two of them as a friendly gesture. "WHOOOEEE!" he exclaimed, "This is gonna be fun. By the way, in case if any of ya get beat up or get hungry, I'm the colt to call. Two centuries is a lot of time to master the art of healing and cooking, ya know." His leg acted up again. "OW!! DAMMIT!! Alright, screw this..." Kronos pulled out a screwdriver in his backpack and started fixing his leg while muttering to himself "If only my upgrades could get here sooner, this wouldnt be a problem."

@@Ethan Sawyer, "Maybe you don't understand the sensitivity of some of the information I just told you. I've been under wraps here for nearly 3 years, the only source of information our leaders can have of this place goes through me. Do you understand how important this positions is to me?" The Guard went over the situation is his head a few times, this was bad. If he was exposed, this would be a blow for the family. Plus they would have learned to identify a member of his gang, looks like he would have to send word home about this and make changes for new members. Just in case. He planned to figure out a way to deal with this pony, and settled on a plan that may work. Neither of them can attack the other without a prompt, lest the entire city guard drop on them like a Mega Spell. Subtly. Then again, the Guard didn't even know who this little spy was or their face. He'd have to watch his back for a little bit, but he had a plan. Going into a bag leaning against a wall in the corner, he pulled out a small distance radio and began speaking. He kept his voice quiet enough so that no one may hear him. After a very short call, he put the radio away, holstered his weapon and sat back down.

"Fuck. Listen mare. I don't recommend staying around me much longer. If I get caught now, you will be tried with me and punished all the same. Don't let that happen. Here take this." He gave the mare a bag containing 500 bottle caps. "That's what we use for currency around here. Little strange, but they're plentiful. Go through the gate and turn left, head into the market and you will see a gun store. Buy a weapon to protect yourself. After that, your destiny is your own. I recommend going East. To the mountains. You will be safe. Hurry and leave before someone gets suspicious. Plus I need to get back on duty."

(edited)

@

Foray frowned in thought. She hadn't seen Quiet in forever and as such doubted her ability to read him, but she still thought he was hiding something. She also didn't know whether or not he considered her as a friend, or whether he would confide in her, but there was really only one way to figure out.

Gently sidling up against him, she asked in an uncharacteristically soft voice, "Really now, what's wrong?"

Quiet scooted away from foray slightly, not because he didn't enjoy her company, Storm just hated when ponies got into his personal space.

"Well.....you know how much I miss her, after I met you I started looking for her harder then I ever have before. It's like she fell off the face of the earth, I might just....." Quiet started to tear up. "I might just give up looking." 

Edited by The Real 1990

@@Ethan Sawyer, "Maybe you don't understand the sensitivity of some of the information I just told you. I've been under wraps here for nearly 3 years, the only source of information our leaders can have of this place goes through me. Do you understand how important this positions is to me?" The Guard went over the situation is his head a few times, this was bad. If he was exposed, this would be a blow for the family. Plus they would have learned to identify a member of his gang, looks like he would have to send word home about this and make changes for new members. Just in case. He planned to figure out a way to deal with this pony, and settled on a plan that may work. Neither of them can attack the other without a prompt, lest the entire city guard drop on them like a Mega Spell. Subtly. Then again, the Guard didn't even know who this little spy was or their face. He'd have to watch his back for a little bit, but he had a plan. Going into a bag leaning against a wall in the corner, he pulled out a small distance radio and began speaking. He kept his voice quiet enough so that no one may hear him. After a very short call, he put the radio away, holstered his weapon and sat back down.

"Fuck. Listen mare. I don't recommend staying around me much longer. If I get caught now, you will be tried with me and punished all the same. Don't let that happen. Here take this." He gave the mare a bag containing 500 bottle caps. "That's what we use for currency around here. Little strange, but they're plentiful. Go through the gate and turn left, head into the market and you will see a gun store. Buy a weapon to protect yourself. After that, your destiny is your own. I recommend going East. To the mountains. You will be safe. Hurry and leave before someone gets suspicious. Plus I need to get back on duty."

Scarlett took the bad of caps and walked in the direction she was told. It was only once she had actually reached the gunship that the realised that she had no concept of how much a cap was worth here. She knocked on the door to what she thought was the gunshot before stepping inside and looking around. "Hello?"

@@Ethan Sawyer

Storm wasn't quite sure what to do now that the guard was going back to duty but followed the mare anyway, he figured he could ask the gun shop owner for that part now that most of the ponies had cleared from the shop. He walked into the store behind the mare, wondering what type of gun she would choose, however, he also did have concern for her, well not exactly her but for the knowledge she possessed. The mare didn't exactly look scary, in fact she looked like the easiest pony to rob in probably the whole wasteland, and knowing her attitude she would probably get scammed or worse, killed if she ever encountered the dangers of the wasteland alone. He kept this mostly to himself, he wasn't a pony of many words, at least not when talking to regular ponies.

@

A bit taken aback at his response, Foray gulped and stepped back, her mind wandering slightly. It'd been four years since they'd met, and by that time she had all but forgotten about him. It was odd for her to be feeling highly sympathetic for him, but something unsettled her. His determination was endearing, yet if he hadn't found whoever he was looking for, it meant she was probably dead. Dipping her head slowly to let her bangs fall over her eyes, she muttered quietly, "I'm sorry..."

With that simple statement she turned her face away, barely being able to keep her breathing under control. A hard-set expression took over her face as she reminded herself to appear emotionless.

@

A bit taken aback at his response, Foray gulped and stepped back, her mind wandering slightly. It'd been four years since they'd met, and by that time she had all but forgotten about him. It was odd for her to be feeling highly sympathetic for him, but something unsettled her. His determination was endearing, yet if he hadn't found whoever he was looking for, it meant she was probably dead. Dipping her head slowly to let her bangs fall over her eyes, she muttered quietly, "I'm sorry..."

With that simple statement she turned her face away, barely being able to keep her breathing under control. A hard-set expression took over her face as she reminded herself to appear emotionless.

With tears in his eyes, Quiet Storm walked up to Foray. Slowly he put a hoof around her neck, squeezing slightly, giving the unicorn a small, earnest, hug. Storm maneuvered past his old companion and caught up with Crackshot, diligently trying to stomach his pain.

@@Unicorncob,

"So um, what's your story?"  

@

Not expecting Quiet's hug, Foray let out an involuntary squeak as she was squeezed, looking surprised for a moment before giving the stallion a hard stare. After a few moments she rolled her eyes and gave a discreet squeeze back, before getting up and turning to address the new merc. A bit taken aback by his odd cybernetic parts and his even odder posture, she retained her composure as she nonchalantly approached him.

@,

"Two centuries?" Foray echoed in disbelief. "Two centuries, and yet you don't know what Equestria was like before the war? Where were you all that time, in a tube?" She spiced her last statement with a hint to her own past, it was always fun to keep other ponies guessing.

With tears in his eyes, Quiet Storm walked up to Foray. Slowly he put a hoof around her neck, squeezing slightly, giving the unicorn a small, earnest, hug. Storm maneuvered past his old companion and caught up with Crackshot, diligently trying to stomach his pain.

Crackshot just watched as the ponies embraced each other. He wasn't one for hugging, but it was relaxing to see camaraderie was already growing in the group.

"So um, what's your story?"  

His expression seemed to darken at the question, considering it was about his past. Something he had trouble talking about, even to those he considered friends.

"Look, no offence," he began, "but I don't know you well enough to get into my roots. If we both get out of this alive, then maybe I'll tell you a bit."

@,

"Two centuries?" Foray echoed in disbelief. "Two centuries, and yet you don't know what Equestria was like before the war? Where were you all that time, in a tube?" She spiced her last statement with a hint to her own past, it was always fun to keep other ponies guessing.

"I do know what Equestria was like before the war. I was once a guard for the Ministry Mares. Fat lot of good I was at that," Kronos angrily replied, "I watched them die in front of me one by one. Do you know what it feels like to roam this wasteland for two fucking centuries knowing that you could've saved those you loved and cared about!? DO YOU!?" He started sobbing. "I'm sorry," he said with tears rolling down his face, "I-I can get p-pretty em-emotiona-al whene-ever I ta-alk about the-them." He clenched his fist and punched himself in his solarplex, giving a growl as he knelt down to suck up the pain. "I once guarded the Ministry Mares of Equestria. In the sidelines, at least." Kronos explained, "I tried my best over the years I was in their service to protect them, but some of them unfortunately succumbed to circumstances beyond my control and authority at the time." Kronos then looked out into the horizon and said, "Since the fall of the Ministry, I've roamed the Wasteland doing the only thing I know to do: Hunt, kill and take orders from others. Like I said before, I've had some previous companions before your lot, but they didn't last long, unfortunately. Plus, being out here in these damn wastes with no friendly faces for years has caused massive amounts of trauma to my psyche and has made quite the negative impact to my social prowess. I'm not the silver-tongued prince I used to be before the war, hell, before I even meet the Ministry Mares." He stared blankly into the horizon again. "I'm sorry," he blinked, "I tend to get lost in my own thoughts, what were you saying again?"

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Child Of Darkness,@@Defender of Tomorrow,

Allegory tightened her grip slightly and quietly took out a slightly dirtied plastic water bottle, trying to appear casual as she drank. They have the mark...that's the giveaway there. Now I need to get him to expose himself...or deal with him away from public eye, she reasoned. Either the other guards can't know or they need to see him as a raider. But...then again, I can't act now. He needs to somehow relay that information between him and White, EDEN, whoever they are, and if I can catch him like that–

"Someone's listening." Shit! she mentally exclaimed in her mind, slowly moving away into a corner while hiding her face away from the group, going out of sight for now. He knows someone is eavesdropping on him now. Didn't mean to do that...but fuck, he's going to be on the tip of his hooves now. I can't let him see me...and now I need him in public, especially since he won't relay the information now without risking getting caught.

The unicorn mare, once she was certain she was out of the three's sight, dashed away towards Stream's gunstore; she may need to build some extra ammunition, and she also needed to intercept the two first in case they get suspicious. Allegory believed that things could get very violent soon if all else failed her, and she entered through the back door with her keys, locking it shut and moving casually towards the counter. Stream was taking a good break on the chair, reading some sort of modernist classic novel, and the colt was nowhere to be seen, possibly off duty and at the town school now.

If there was anything she learned from her mother, it was a quote: "Ponies to are nothing more or less than what they choose to reveal." And Allegory had quite a bit of skill – not quite as immaculate as her mother, however – in faking emotions when she needed to. And it was in this case she faked surprise with a bit of excitement. "Oh, um...welcome back. I thought you left with the mercenaries, but it seems like you're not part of their group. So you were talking about the plasma rifle component?" Allegory took a short glimpse of the red "future" mare as she now dubbed her. "And welcome to Stream's Hit-n-Run, young miss! What are you here for: weapons, armor, supplies, or getting your things repaired?"

If there was anything she learned from her mother, it was a quote: "Ponies to are nothing more or less than what they choose to reveal." And Allegory had quite a bit of skill – not quite as immaculate as her mother, however – in faking emotions when she needed to. And it was in this case she faked surprise with a bit of excitement. "Oh, um...welcome back. I thought you left with the mercenaries, but it seems like you're not part of their group. So you were talking about the plasma rifle component?" Allegory took a short glimpse of the red "future" mare as she now dubbed her. "And welcome to Stream's Hit-n-Run, young miss! What are you here for: weapons, armor, supplies, or getting your things repaired?"

Scarlett looked around for a few more moments, looking for anything that could be useful. Not that she knew what could be useful. "I'm not entirely sure. What kind of weapons do you sell, and how much are you selling them for?" Hopefully if she acted like she knew what she was doing, they'd be less likely to scam her. That was the theory anyway.

@

Foray simply stared at Kronos as he displayed a plethora of emotions and spouted off almost his entire life story to the group.

Very unwise of him, she thought. Somepony might take advantage of that knowledge. Ah well, you can't expect someone that old to be very cunning.

Still a tad taken aback by his projectile-vomit of information, Foray simply shook her head amusedly and said, "I take it you want to join our group, huh?" Her face assumed a much more serious look as she added, "Well, if you get yourself killed, it ain't gonna be my fault. Don't expect much help from me either, I already have plenty to worry about without you."

(edited)

@,

Foray simply stared at Kronos as he displayed a plethora of emotions and spouted off almost his entire life story to the group.

Very unwise of him, she thought. Somepony might take advantage of that knowledge. Ah well, you can't expect someone that old to be very cunning.

Still a tad taken aback by his projectile-vomit of information, Foray simply shook her head amusedly and said, "I take it you want to join our group, huh?" Her face assumed a much more serious look as she added, "Well, if you get yourself killed, it ain't gonna be my fault. Don't expect much help from me either, I already have plenty to worry about without you."

"You dont need to worry about me getting myself killed." Kronos replied as he took a knife and slashed it across his chest. When he opened up his chest cavity, it revealed a disturbing sight. The only organic parts to him were half his heart and his left lung. "See?" Kronos said, "Im mostly mechanical. Albiet, these need updating every once in a while, but they managed to get me through the 1500 years I've been alive. Plus, they're mostly resistant to electric pulses." He closed his chest and welded it back together, showing his bare chest. He looked up and smiled, "Hehe, you like what you see? Anyways, I dont think I'll be needing anyone's help. I mean, i lasted this long in this wasteland on my own. I'll be fine, you dont need to worry too much about me." Kronos gave Foray a wink as he finished. Edited by Kronos

@

Foray didn't look impressed. She'd seen her share of cybernetics before, and while the study of prosthetics both fascinated and terrified her, she'd become desensitized towards those who sported near-entirely mechanical bodies. To her it was a waste of intelligence, resources, and time, as even the tankiest metal-plated pony could be blown up by a single grenade, or rendered useless with a few well-placed armor-piercing shots.

She herself had lasted four years practically alone in the Domain, one of the wildest parts of the wasteland, and had no severe injuries to show for it, save the chunk of flesh missing from her already-deaf ear that she didn't mind losing too much. Often she had stated her disdain for cybernetics, and her survival as a non-augmented pony was a testament to the ineffectiveness of such augments.

Nevertheless, she didn't say anything of it, instead rolling her eyes again and muttering, "Whatever..." at the, in her opinion, immature display of pride.

@@Unicorncob@@@@TheForgotenBrony,

"We gonna get a move on? I don't like standing around," she voiced, loud enough for all the assembled mercs to hear, but directed at Crackshot as she saw him as the current leader.

"We gonna get a move on? I don't like standing around," she voiced, loud enough for all the assembled mercs to hear, but directed at Crackshot as she saw him as the current leader.

Crackshot rolled his eyes at Foray's impatience, and felt a chilly gust of wind blow on his face. One he was not accustomed to in his life travelling the boiling hot nuclear desert.

"Calm down, we're nearly there," he grunted, and started donning the padded armour, "if anypony's got any warm clothing, put it on now."

His expression seemed to darken at the question, considering it was about his past. Something he had trouble talking about, even to those he considered friends.   "Look, no offence," he began, "but I don't know you well enough to get into my roots. If we both get out of this alive, then maybe I'll tell you a bit."

Quiet chuckled a bit at Crackshot's cryptic answer.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." He admitted. 

"Although, I doubt you're past is very eventful as mine, but I like a smart pony when I see one."  A small tinge of twisted pride came across Storm as he recounted his many adventures in the Equestria wastes.