Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

@,@@Ethan Sawyer,

With a large huff, she took a long look at her saddle bags, before finally unclipping the right one and placing it on the counter, the look on her face, seemingly surprised about her purchase. Glancing down and placing her hoof on her chin, 980 caps is a little... to steep. Now that she hears it all together, she sighs and shakes her head. "Ya know what, just give the incendiaries and take the caps ya need for here. Also a pack of 12 Gauge, regular" waving her hoof, she would be doing the same she was trying to finish up. 

EDEN: "So Agent, I got your message over the Radio. You think your cover is blown?

Guard: "Yeah, as I was talking with that mare you sent over I had a feeling that someone was listening. I'm sure of it. My instincts haven't been wrong before."

EDEN: "True, and this isn't the first time this has happened. You remember two years ago when we had a very similar situation? Only difference is this time we don't know a face. Keep your eyes open, your job is important but you're one of the best we have. Don't lose your life over this job."

Guard: "Sure thing boss. Also, you may want to know. Some ponies who looked like they are going for the bounty left the town not too long ago. They're moving sort of slow, but you should see them moving on you within the next thirty minutes to an hour if you maintain your pace."

EDEN: "Beautiful. Very nice. Thanks for the information. Everything I came to do here is done. EDEN will be withdrawing from this place now. You're on your own for now."

Guard: "Yes Sir."

EDEN's shutters closed and the microphone disconnected, with a few small beeps EDEN was back in auto pilot mode, heading back to its home.

White has been on the move for close to 3 hours now. He recently had to kill a group of Raiders from a rival gang, so his clothing was now covered with blood. Taking a bit of high ground to over look the area ahead, he took out a 14x Scope and had a look down towards R-7. As he had been told, he could see that rather large group of mercs moving his way. They looked armed, dangerous and a good variety of fighting styles. He could only take a quick look at them, he didn't want any chance of them seeing a lens reflection of the scope. In fact, he possibly look at them for too long as it was. Either way, he was going to cross them soon. He just had to wait.

• Brohoof 1

@@NinjaCPU,@@Ethan Sawyer,

"Without the armor piercings that's about 650 caps," Allegory replied, looking at her boxes again and raising her ears once the mare mentioned buying the 12-gauges pack. "Oh. Then that's 720 caps. You sure you want to buy all this? I mean, incendiary isn't cheap, and they have a larger muzzle flash."

Allegory crossed her hooves and glanced at the red mare. "If you want to have a good chance of surviving outside of the slivers of civilization, you need to remain cautious, but know when to accept advice when you're lacking in it," the mare explained while something else took over her mind: how to get that guard exposed. I can try to intercept the transmissions he'll send out to his leader...recordings are very incriminating. Other than that I can't approach him too forwardly; everything has to be natural.

She leaned down against the counter and looking up right at the red unicorn mare's face. "So where are you from? You look unusually clean compared to most wastelanders, but you're not wearing a Stable jumpsuit nor do you have a PipBuck," Allegory casually asked. "And the big, rich settlements are days away from here. I'm curious."

She leaned down against the counter and looking up right at the red unicorn mare's face. "So where are you from? You look unusually clean compared to most wastelanders, but you're not wearing a Stable jumpsuit nor do you have a PipBuck," Allegory casually asked. "And the big, rich settlements are days away from here. I'm curious."

Upon hearing the question, several hundred responses flew through her mind. Her top three were explaining the whole situation, explaining the situation in a round about way or her favourite response, ignore him. Instead, the following came out. "I don't think I'm at liberty to say. And by that, I mean I don't really want to. My life is my life, but thanks for the gun."

She went to walk away, but turned back at the last second. She was still waiting for her holster. "You know what, I'll tell you something. Let's just say I come from somewhere, quite, far away."

Edited by Ethan Sawyer

Crackshot opened his mouth to object, then closed it as he narrowed his eyes in thought. It was true that the newer model Power Armour suits used fusion cores, and it was possible to remove them while the suit was still active; it would simply render it powerless and next to impossible to move in.

"That... that could work," he muttered, "It would take the major firepower out of the fight, and we can keep the suit for ourselves if we can."

He looked ahead to the road leading toward the mountains. "But first, we need to see if they have any... though, does anypony volunteer for the core removal?"

Kronos replied "Well, if anypony's got some stealth boys, I'm willing to volunteer for core removal and scouting. Otherwise, I suggest someone in the group that has the lightest gear and has the lightest step, they could snake their way around them. Take it from an old war veteran. I'd do it myself, but..." Kronos motioned over to his malfunctioning cybernetics.

@,@@Ethan Sawyer,

Steam places her hoof on her chin again and starts to ponder once more, "I'll be using the incendiary more when the situation is needed. Trying to keep my bases cover if certain armor or creatures are weak to it." she explains. The box in caps still on the counter. Though she was thankful that she care for the customer. Sometimes the customer is willing to carry more than is optimal.

Her head turned over to the red mare as she walked away with only a gun. A small shake of her head as she was about to leave "If you're going to get out of the junction, you better find a partner or group with ya. You look as green as my flank here." she quipped. 

Edited by NinjaCPU

@,@@Ethan Sawyer,

Steam places her hoof on her chin again and starts to ponder once more, "I'll be using the incendiary more when the situation is needed. Trying to keep my bases cover if certain armor or creatures are weak to it." she explains. The box in caps still on the counter. Though she was thankful that she care for the customer. Sometimes the customer is willing to carry more than is optimal.

Her head turned over to the red mare as she walked away with only a gun. A small shake of her head as she was about to leave "If you're going to get out of the junction, you better find a partner or group with ya. You look as green as my flank here." she quipped.

Scarlett looked incredulously at the pony beside her. "I have no idea what that phrase means. And to be honest, I don't really think I want to. And in terms of finding a group, I'll figure something out. Probably. If not I can always just hide away until I waste away."

Allegory raised an eye as she took out her concealed leather holster (finally). "You mean, far, far away, from a galaxy a long time ago," she smirked and sat back up, accepting the caps and just giving the holster to the red mare; she didn't matter if she got paid for it or not anymore. It wasn't a lot of caps and she had a bit of trust for the customer.

"Whatever. Green mare is making a lot more sense than you are, Galaxy Knight," Allegory tapped her hooves and closed her shelves. "Going out by yourself is a surefire way to get your ass violated and die horribly from creatures, if not other wastelanders. Incompetence does not go well for anyone. I rather have you go with her-" she pointed to Steam "-than by yourself. At least hitch a ride on the first caravan that comes and goes."

• Brohoof 1

Allegory raised an eye as she took out her concealed leather holster (finally). "You mean, far, far away, from a galaxy a long time ago," she smirked and sat back up, accepting the caps and just giving the holster to the red mare; she didn't matter if she got paid for it or not anymore. It wasn't a lot of caps and she had a bit of trust for the customer.

Scarlett smirked. "Yea, let's go with that shall we." Let's go with an explanation that could be completely wrong. Definitely not another galaxy, this is still the same planet. Most likely an alternate universe. But then that leaves the possibility of time travel. Did I travel in time or between dimensions? Or, both perhaps. She took the holster in her magic and strapped it onto her right foreleg before slotting her new weapon into it. She'd recall the guide later to load it. But loading it and actually shooting a pony are two very different things.

"Whatever. Green mare is making a lot more sense than you are, Galaxy Knight," Allegory tapped her hooves and closed her shelves. "Going out by yourself is a surefire way to get your ass violated and die horribly from creatures, if not other wastelanders. Incompetence does not go well for anyone. I rather have you go with her-" she pointed to Steam "-than by yourself. At least hitch a ride on the first caravan that comes and goes."

Hah, Galaxy Knight. I could go by that until I decide on a more, sensible, name. Nah, that's stupid. "I'll make sure I find someone to work with."

@@@Unicorncob,

Foray listened to the two banter with mild interest. She'd done her share of sneaking around in the past four years she'd been in the wasteland -- heck, it was how she got out of most deadly fights that she knew she couldn't win, and thus she'd become quite good at stealth.

"Well, if they just so happen to have power armor suits," she spoke up in a sarcastic voice, "And if we're in a decent position, and if nopony else volunteers..." She took a breath, held it while eyeing Crackshot and Kronos, and then released it in a sigh. "I'd be up for the task. My magic is nearly soundless, and if I get a good line of sight I can remove it without even getting close." She motioned towards her horn.

"But a plan like this is incredible and fantastic." The unicorn stamped her hoof in the snow. "The higher up we go, the more it'll snow, and working around them is gonna be hard and probably take up lots of valuable time, especially since I'm not very accustomed to cold climates. I'm not saying it's a bad plan, I'm saying that, even if we're incredibly careful and impossibly still, it'll still be very hard to pull off..."

With her two bits on the table, Foray simply turned her head away, shuddering slightly -- partially due to the cold, and partially due to a sudden thought that flashed across her mind.

I wonder if there will be Levi's there...

@@@Unicorncob,

Foray listened to the two banter with mild interest. She'd done her share of sneaking around in the past four years she'd been in the wasteland -- heck, it was how she got out of most deadly fights that she knew she couldn't win, and thus she'd become quite good at stealth.

"Well, if they just so happen to have power armor suits," she spoke up in a sarcastic voice, "And if we're in a decent position, and if nopony else volunteers..." She took a breath, held it while eyeing Crackshot and Kronos, and then released it in a sigh. "I'd be up for the task. My magic is nearly soundless, and if I get a good line of sight I can remove it without even getting close." She motioned towards her horn.

"But a plan like this is incredible and fantastic." The unicorn stamped her hoof in the snow. "The higher up we go, the more it'll snow, and working around them is gonna be hard and probably take up lots of valuable time, especially since I'm not very accustomed to cold climates. I'm not saying it's a bad plan, I'm saying that, even if we're incredibly careful and impossibly still, it'll still be very hard to pull off..."

With her two bits on the table, Foray simply turned her head away, shuddering slightly -- partially due to the cold, and partially due to a sudden thought that flashed across her mind.

"I understand that you're concerned about the plan given the current conditions," Kronos told Foray, "But as far as I know, there aren't any safer ways to do this. Like I said earlier, if I could, I would do it myself, but my cybernetics haven't been updated in a few decades and I can't contact my forces from out here. Maybe you'd have a better line of sight if there was a way to adapt night vision or thermal scopes into a pair of goggles or something like that."

Edited by Kronos

@

Foray smirked, as Kronos' statement chalked one more up towards the ineffectiveness of cybernetics. Of course, she wasn't going to say anything about it, but she always felt stronger when she saw an augmented limb or implant malfunction.

"I could possibly craft a pair of night vision goggles if I had the right materials," she mumbled, staring at Kronos' weird pose once again before shrugging it off and adding, "But this is all if they even have Power Armor. What if they don't? What's your master plan then?"

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Ethan Sawyer,  

Her brow raised as the clerk suggested that the red mare should join up with her, "Idea or otherwise, unless she has extra caps or some type of impressive magic skills." she huffs, considering the idea a little more in her head. "I mean, if she has some type of good support or medical skills. I wouldn't be against the idea of her tagging along." she shrugged, less of a liability, the better. The bigger problem is that she sticks out like a sore hoof. Something certainly need to be done to fix that. 

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Ethan Sawyer,

Her brow raised as the clerk suggested that the red mare should join up with her, "Idea or otherwise, unless she has extra caps or some type of impressive magic skills." she huffs, considering the idea a little more in her head. "I mean, if she has some type of good support or medical skills. I wouldn't be against the idea of her tagging along." she shrugged, less of a liability, the better. The bigger problem is that she sticks out like a sore hoof. Something certainly need to be done to fix that.

I wasn't sure how to respond to thatthat. On one hand, I could tag along with someone who knows their way around. On the othetother, I could roam free and uninterrupted and do whatever I want. "As much as I appreciate the offer," Not really "I think I'll travel by myself."

Crackshot stopped the group in the middle of the road and listened to Foray's suggestion. He acknowledged it with a small nod.

"Once we get there and check the situation, we'll see what we can do," he answered, "We'll take a small break here, for about half an hour. We've made good time, so we should be at least near the mountain by nightfall."

Crackshot stopped the group in the middle of the road and listened to Foray's suggestion. He acknowledged it with a small nod.

"Once we get there and check the situation, we'll see what we can do," he answered, "We'll take a small break here, for about half an hour. We've made good time, so we should be at least near the mountain by nightfall."

Comet could hear voices up ahead as he began his steady approach to the mountain. From his own experiences out in the wasteland, he thought it best to scout it out. Most of the time, it was raiders. Or worse. On silent wings, he hovered across the ground, to silence his movements. Hooves would be too obvious. Too loud. 

The pegasus dived behind a burnt out tree in front of him, taking a deep breath to keep calm before peeking his head out. There was a road just before him, one of the many that seemed to connect towns and villages across the barren Equestria that he called home. Squinting, Comet could make out multiple figures hanging about in the middle of the road, and he guessed they were the source of the voices, muttering and discussing things under their breath. They certainly weren't raiders, but they didn't look too friendly anyway.

I should stay hidden he thought to himself With any luck, they're going to the exact same place I am. What other reason would such ponies be so heavily armed out here?

I wasn't sure how to respond to thatthat. On one hand, I could tag along with someone who knows their way around. On the othetother, I could roam free and uninterrupted and do whatever I want. "As much as I appreciate the offer," Not really "I think I'll travel by myself."

Shrugs at her response, if she doesn't want help. That's on her. With a glance as she finish the transaction to the clerk to get all her ammunition. "Have fun, cowpony." Steam chuckle at her nickname of the red 'brave' mare, walking past her. Somepony is failing to comprehend the severity of the situation. She suppose that they'll find out eventually that this place isn't all cupcakes and sunshine. 

Shrugs at her response, if she doesn't want help. That's on her. With a glance as she finish the transaction to the clerk to get all her ammunition. "Have fun, cowpony." Steam chuckle at her nickname of the red 'brave' mare, walking past her. Somepony is failing to comprehend the severity of the situation. She suppose that they'll find out eventually that this place isn't all cupcakes and sunshine.

I stepped outside the shop and look around. Nothing interestesting for miles. Not that I could see anyway. I noticed the mountain and, figuring I could get a better view from the top, began walking towards it. I didn't get far before I found a skeleton in a ditch with a saddlebag. They weren't kidding about hostile I thought as I cautiously picked up the saddlebag and flung it over my back. I put the ammo I been floating in the bag and closed it.

@

Foray smirked, as Kronos' statement chalked one more up towards the ineffectiveness of cybernetics. Of course, she wasn't going to say anything about it, but she always felt stronger when she saw an augmented limb or implant malfunction.

"I could possibly craft a pair of night vision goggles if I had the right materials," she mumbled, staring at Kronos' weird pose once again before shrugging it off and adding, "But this is all if they even have Power Armor. What if they don't? What's your master plan then?"

Well then, if they don't have power armor, then pick off priority targets like heavies and snipers one by one. You know, quickly take out large threats first before going in. These threats don't have to be heavies, though. Taking the climate conditions into consideration, I believe that priority targets here are snipers, especially ones with thermal scopes.

Allegory hid her frown; she could tell the mare was definitely hiding something. And the fact that she was refusing to tag along with others and a bit willing to avoid revealing herself simply affirmed it to her. If she thinks she could handle all this by herself with little experience, she is either arrogant, stupid, suicidal, or all three.

Once the red unicorn mare trotted away and went far out of her feld of hearing, Allegory turned to the green mare and levitated the shades down halfway; Streamline was fast asleep in the backroom, snoring noisily. "Well...there's two types of travelers in this world. Professionals who can handle things with a cool mind and amateurs who act like they know what they're doing. One of them won't get killed," she rolled her eyes and cleaned her counter. Now for the bigger issue. "And if you're looking for some work to do, I have some. Maybe we can talk in my boxcar for the details...this may be something that requires your caliber."

With that, Allegory stood up and holsters her plasma pistol to her side, looking at the green mare far more seriously with a bag of caps in her hooves. "And if you accept...I'll pay 150 caps up front. Consider it a small return fund until you get the job done."

I continued my journey up towards the mountain, and spotted a group of ponies far in the distance. Oh shit I thought to myself as I ducked to the side. If I could see them, they could see me if they turned. I needed to blend in a little. I took my saddlebag off and rolled in the dust a little to make myself darker. Filthy, but less visible. I carried on walking towards them, staying hidden from view as much as possible.

Comet could see the opportunity to do something arise as they came down to rest. Clearly they were taking a break before continuing to...wherever they were going. The leader, quite heavily armed, signalled for them to rest up. Comet double-checked his saddlebag, making sure all weaponry was ready just in case things turned for the worse. They usually did. 

He hovered across the small treeline, ducking behind the twiggy remains of bushes when he could. It took him a few minutes, but he was inching closer and closer to the leader's position. Alright Comet, keep it cool. Let's just get this done. The pegasus took a deep breath, before breaking through his cover at a snail's pace, keeping barely above the ground as he went towards the pony. The other ponies in the group were blind to his ministrations and he couldn't help but grin before he launched his hooves at the armoured stallion, so that both forelegs were firmly around his neck. Not choking him; but enough to get his attention.

"Alright...now you're gonna stay real quiet." He whispered into the stallion's ear, tightening his grip as if to reinforce his point. "And you're gonna tell me exactly where you're going and who you work for."

Comet could see the opportunity to do something arise as they came down to rest. Clearly they were taking a break before continuing to...wherever they were going. The leader, quite heavily armed, signalled for them to rest up. Comet double-checked his saddlebag, making sure all weaponry was ready just in case things turned for the worse. They usually did. 

He hovered across the small treeline, ducking behind the twiggy remains of bushes when he could. It took him a few minutes, but he was inching closer and closer to the leader's position. Alright Comet, keep it cool. Let's just get this done. The pegasus took a deep breath, before breaking through his cover at a snail's pace, keeping barely above the ground as he went towards the pony. The other ponies in the group were blind to his ministrations and he couldn't help but grin before he launched his hooves at the armoured stallion, so that both forelegs were firmly around his neck. Not choking him; but enough to get his attention.

"Alright...now you're gonna stay real quiet." He whispered into the stallion's ear, tightening his grip as if to reinforce his point. "And you're gonna tell me exactly where you're going and who you work for."

Crackshot barely reacted to the weak chokehold placed on him. It wasn't exactly a surprise to him now; after all, he figured everypony in the wasteland who knew who he was wanted him dead.

"I was hired to take out a raider camp in the mountains," he answered plainly, not exactly caring who knew what he was doing, "And if you happen to be part of them, just remember that I have the power of levitation and a shotgun. You're not going to break my neck without getting your brains blown out."

Crackshot barely reacted to the weak chokehold placed on him. It wasn't exactly a surprise to him now; after all, he figured everypony in the wasteland who knew who he was wanted him dead.

"I was hired to take out a raider camp in the mountains," he answered plainly, not exactly caring who knew what he was doing, "And if you happen to be part of them, just remember that I have the power of levitation and a shotgun. You're not going to break my neck without getting your brains blown out."

"Well, you could have at least tried to sound more panicked. I know I'm not the strongest pegasus out there but still..." He rolled his eyes, letting out a groan as he released the chokehold. He'd lost enthusiasm now. "Don't worry, I'm heading up the mountain as well. I have some beef with those raiders up there and I ain't leaving until they're dead. So I guess I'm not shooting you today. What even are you lot? Mercenaries or something?" Comet asked, leaning back against the tree behind him.

Edited by 1Bit

"Well, you could have at least tried to sound more panicked. I know I'm not the strongest pegasus out there but still..." He rolled his eyes, letting out a groan as he released the chokehold. He'd lost enthusiasm now. "Don't worry, I'm heading up the mountain as well. I have some beef with those raiders up there and I ain't leaving until they're dead. So I guess I'm not shooting you today. What even are you lot? Mercenaries or something?" Comet asked, leaning back against the tree behind him.

"When you start getting death threats every other day," Crackshot grunted, rolling his neck as it was released, "it kind of loses the shock factor after a while."

He looked over his shoulder at the pegasus who had threatened him. "More or less. I take it you'll be joining us too? It seems to be a theme today."

I continued my journey up towards the mountain, and spotted a group of ponies far in the distance. Oh shit I thought to myself as I ducked to the side. If I could see them, they could see me if they turned. I needed to blend in a little. I took my saddlebag off and rolled in the dust a little to make myself darker. Filthy, but less visible. I carried on walking towards them, staying hidden from view as much as possible.

He turned his head and glanced into the distance where he had led the group from the town. He could swear he'd seen something...