Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

"When you start getting death threats every other day," Crackshot grunted, rolling his neck as it was released, "it kind of loses the shock factor after a while."   He looked over his shoulder at the pegasus who had threatened him. "More or less. I take it you'll be joining us too? It seems to be a theme today."

"Theme, huh? Sounds like a fun day." Comet chuckled to himself, digging a hoof into his saddlebag and searching around for one of the apples from the village. He hadn't eaten in at least a day. Rationing was going pretty well so far. "Yeah, I might follow you guys for a while. As long as you ponies don't double cross me, then it's all good."

I carried on walking along this lonely road, hopefully not the only one I would ever know. I was closing in on my target, if not out by a few hundred meters. As a precaution, I levitated my gun out it's holster as well as the ammunition from my new saddlebag, and reloaded the gun following the instructions I had memorised from that manual. I put the reloaded gun back in it's holster and the ammo back in my saddlebag.

@@1Bit@@Unicorncob,

Having overheard only the latter part of the conversation, as she had been approaching Crackshot to ask if she could check out his weapons again, Foray simply rolled her eyes and approached the pair nonchalantly.

"Great, another one wanting to join?" she mumbled frustratedly. "How much exactly are we each getting paid for this job anyway? Seems like the pay would be cut so many times it'd bleed right through our hooves..."

@@1Bit@@Unicorncob,

Having overheard only the latter part of the conversation, as she had been approaching Crackshot to ask if she could check out his weapons again, Foray simply rolled her eyes and approached the pair nonchalantly.

"Great, another one wanting to join?" she mumbled frustratedly. "How much exactly are we each getting paid for this job anyway? Seems like the pay would be cut so many times it'd bleed right through our hooves..."

"Oh please, I'm not looking for caps. I just want to kill raiders for the simple fact they're raiders, don't need no incentive." Comet smirked, taking another bite from the apple. It was surprisingly good for produce that had come from the wasteland. "Unlike you ponies playing around down here in the dirt, us Cloudsdalians are proud pegasi who put morals over paychecks thank you very much." 

"Theme, huh? Sounds like a fun day." Comet chuckled to himself, digging a hoof into his saddlebag and searching around for one of the apples from the village. He hadn't eaten in at least a day. Rationing was going pretty well so far. "Yeah, I might follow you guys for a while. As long as you ponies don't double cross me, then it's all good."

Crackshot nodded once, getting the impression that this pegasus would not be easily dissuaded. "Fine, just don't do anything stupid or get yourself shot."

I carried on walking along this lonely road, hopefully not the only one I would ever know. I was closing in on my target, if not out by a few hundred meters. As a precaution, I levitated my gun out it's holster as well as the ammunition from my new saddlebag, and reloaded the gun following the instructions I had memorised from that manual. I put the reloaded gun back in it's holster and the ammo back in my saddlebag.

His ears flicked with uneasiness, unable to shake the feeling that he was being watched...

"Don't forget you also invited yourself into this crew," He pointed out to Foray, "The matter of payment will be between me and my hirer."

"Oh please, I'm not looking for caps. I just want to kill raiders for the simple fact they're raiders, don't need no incentive." Comet smirked, taking another bite from the apple. It was surprisingly good for produce that had come from the wasteland. "Unlike you ponies playing around down here in the dirt, us Cloudsdalians are proud pegasi who put morals over paychecks thank you very much." 

He snorted at the pegasus's comeback. "Pride runs through you pegasi's veins as thickly as blood."

He snorted at the pegasus's comeback. "Pride runs through you pegasi's veins as thickly as blood."

Comet couldn't help but smirk at the remark. "Not sure whether that's an insult or a compliment. I'll take it as a compliment." He flicked his mane, extending one wing out to examine it before using a hoof to clean off some dirt that had got trapped between his feathers. "I know you're just jealous that I was able to enjoy my childhood without the fear of death or worse."

I got within a hundred meters and stopped. I positioned my ears so I could hear what they were talking about, something about pride and blood. I stayed there, just listening. Hopefully they would say something to do with where they were going and, more importantly, why.

@@1Bit

Foray's eyes narrowed, her voice as dry as the wasteland that surrounded them. "Just because not all of us were raised as pretty-colt brats doesn't automatically make us jealous that you were," she snorted. "In fact, it makes us stronger. If you wanna fight for no caps, that's cool with me, but don't degrade us for trying to make a living."

@@1Bit

Foray's eyes narrowed, her voice as dry as the wasteland that surrounded them. "Just because not all of us were raised as pretty-colt brats doesn't automatically make us jealous that you were," she snorted. "In fact, it makes us stronger. If you wanna fight for no caps, that's cool with me, but don't degrade us for trying to make a living."

"Pfft, a living..." Comet rolled his eyes, falling back onto all four hooves again. "You make it sound like there's something to live for in this wasteland. Funny." The apple made a loud crunching sound as he took a large bit out of it, fumbling around to grab the dusty old map out of his saddlebags. "All I know is I've had a hell of a journey trying to get here, and I don't need some dumbass ponies messing it all up for me at the end of it all. And besides, nothing wrong with a colt being pretty." He smirked at the mare.

White Tail had managed to move rather close to the group without being spotted, keeping to the side of their field of vision and making sure not to make a sound. He was thinking about a way in which he could make himself known without seeming too suspicious. During his thinking period, he had not been paying attention to his surroundings, which had allowed a small group, 3 Raiders, to sneak up behind him. It wasn't until they were right atop of him that he noticed them. A quick turn about, followed by a kidney punch stunned one of them long enough for him so move. He was going to use this as an excuse to get into the line of sight of the group.

Running into the road with the Raiders close behind him, he made a sudden stop, turning on the spot and throwing a punch into the ribs of a Raider, followed by a Jab to the throat, collapsing the air way. Leaving him on the ground gasping for air. The Second Raider attempted to stab White with a levitating knife, to which White blocked with his own knife and broke it free from the weak magic grip. He threw a knife at the Third Raider at high speeds, leaving him no time to dodge and a Combat knife lodge into his skull. Now extremely angry, the second Raider closed in for a punch, giving White a chance to dodge and stab the Raider in the stomach and cutting it open.

"Great. Now look at me. Covered in blood. A mare can't go a day without gutting some can she?"

White turned to face the group of ponies he had been following, his face covered by a Gas mask, body concealed within Cage Armour, his head covered by a thick hat and the voice of an older mare. @@Unicorncob,  "Well well well, look at this. Not every day you see a group as large as this travelling together. I can only see one reason as to why you would be going this way in such numbers, gear and appearance. You guys have to have at least some idea of who suicidal that is right? Ha ha ha."

@@1Bit

Snorting again at the remark, Foray found it difficult to resist blasting the arrogant pegasus' face off with her sidearm. Instead, she simply turned her head slightly towards the ground and mumbled, "Sonnova..." before spitting at the dirt and stamping her hoof on it. "Nopony's forcing you to stay, so if you don't like us 'dumbass' ponies, why don't you hightail your pansy-ass filly self somewhere else?"

Crackshot just glared at the pegasus, his comments hitting more than a few sour notes not just with Foray, but with himself.

What does a soft little pegasus know about life down here? Stuck in their little cloud paradise wanting for nothing.

"Well well well, look at this. Not every day you see a group as large as this travelling together. I can only see one reason as to why you would be going this way in such numbers, gear and appearance. You guys have to have at least some idea of who suicidal that is right? Ha ha ha."

He turned and saw the new stallion approaching, and scowled beneath his bandana.

Oh Luna f*ck me gently.

"Let me guess, you want to join as well?" He snarked, "Well, welcome the f*ck aboard."

@@1Bit

Snorting again at the remark, Foray found it difficult to resist blasting the arrogant pegasus' face off with her sidearm. Instead, she simply turned her head slightly towards the ground and mumbled, "Sonnova..." before spitting at the dirt and stamping her hoof on it. "Nopony's forcing you to stay, so if you don't like us 'dumbass' ponies, why don't you hightail your pansy-ass filly self somewhere else?"

"Ooh, you're a feisty one. Don't know what you're trying to prove with the whole tough act, but whatever." Comet muttered. He was already remembering why he never talked to other ponies. Always made enemies when he opened his big mouth. "Look, I'll go if you really want. I only bothered coming over here to make sure I wasn't gonna get stabbed in the back when I went up the mountain."

(FYI: From your perspective, White looks and sounds like a Mare. A disguise. I tried to make that clear.)

@@Unicorncob, "Who said I wanted that? I don't like to get into fights other than ones I have to sweetie. Besides, I can't die. People need my services in this world. For better or worse. I deal in information, selling sensitive data I can find, that will make someone's day horrible. Hmm, now you got me thinking sweetie. I'm sure you understand what you're up against, but do you know their weaknesses? Aside from arrogance of course. Do you know Patrol patterns, short cuts, hidden pathways, where they keep their fire power, where they keep the Power Armour and how to avoid being eaten alive by the Scorpions that call that mountain home, and Sting their masters? I don't think you do. Do you?"

I got within a hundred meters and stopped. I positioned my ears so I could hear what they were talking about, something about pride and blood. I stayed there, just listening. Hopefully they would say something to do with where they were going and, more importantly, why.

Crackshot's ear flicked again. The feeling of being watched was strong, and it was aggravating.

"Ooh, you're a feisty one. Don't know what you're trying to prove with the whole tough act, but whatever." Comet muttered. He was already remembering why he never talked to other ponies. Always made enemies when he opened his big mouth. "Look, I'll go if you really want. I only bothered coming over here to make sure I wasn't gonna get stabbed in the back when I went up the mountain."

"Look, you want to kill those raiders, then you're welcome to help us," He growled, "After that, you can do what you like."

"Who said I wanted that? I don't like to get into fights other than ones I have to sweetie. Besides, I can't die. People need my services in this world. For better or worse. I deal in information, selling sensitive data I can find, that will make someone's day horrible. Hmm, now you got me thinking sweetie. I'm sure you understand what you're up against, but do you know their weaknesses? Aside from arrogance of course. Do you know Patrol patterns, short cuts, hidden pathways, where they keep their fire power, where they keep the Power Armour and how to avoid being eaten alive by the Scorpions that call that mountain home, and Sting their masters? I don't think you do. Do you?"

(Oh sorry, the pronouns mixed me up :adorkable: )

"..."

He took this mare's words into consideration. That was indeed invaluable information. The kind that would keep him and his group alive.

"What's the catch?"

Foray rolled her eyes again, this time in disgust. "Where I come from, there's no such thing as a 'tough act'. You're either tough or you're dead, so I don't know what point you're trying to prove." Pausing for a moment to eye the pegasus with an are-you-bucking-kidding-me look on her face, she smirked and added sarcastically, "And of course, approaching an obvious group of mercenaries and trying to choke their leader is clearly the best way to ensure your safety..."

At this point Foray hadn't even realized there was another pony talking with Crackshot, as her deaf ear was turned in that direction.

Kronos turned his head at Foray following her comment saying "Hey, I just so happen to come from a place where being tough gets you places, okay. I dont want to pick sides here, but this guy's got my respect. I mean, I would choke someone, too if they seemed hostile."

@@Unicorncob, "Everything has to have a price doesn't it? I have a few, conditions. For this information. You see, I have some personal problems with Old Blooddrop. Mainly she's been ruining my businesses over the last few months. A lot of my customers have died to her. So, I want to watch are the life bleeds from her eyes, slowly and painfully. Secondly, and lets call it an insurance policy to make sure me giving this information away for free is worth it. I know ponies who would pay 1000's of caps for this. I'm gonna follow you, nice a close behind. I won't do no fighting, I just want to watch. I can be of help, I carry a high power sniper scope and nothing gets past these eyes. Even with the mask in the way. And finally, if fail to complete this mission, if I don't have enough faith that you will get it done. I'll kill you and anyone else who knows the secrets I share. I have to protect my market after all." White laughed a little at his own statement. It had been a while since he had went under this persona. It was good to play this role again. "We got a deal Hon?"

Crackshot's ear flicked again. The feeling of being watched was strong, and it was aggravating.

Wait, he noticed me? How does he keep noticing me? I thought to myself. I was confused, I was taking every precaution I knew. He seemed smart though. Experienced. Like he knew what he was doing even in such an unpredictable environment. I used a tiny bit of my magic to reflect light toward her eyes from around the corner so she could see round the corner. Then it got too bright and I muttered "Ah fu-" before shutting my mouth and stopping the spell. Note to self, magic is still messed up.

Foray rolled her eyes again, this time in disgust. "Where I come from, there's no such thing as a 'tough act'. You're either tough or you're dead, so I don't know what point you're trying to prove." Pausing for a moment to eye the pegasus with an are-you-bucking-kidding-me look on her face, she smirked and added sarcastically, "And of course, approaching an obvious group of mercenaries and trying to choke their leader is clearly the best way to ensure your safety..."

At this point Foray hadn't even realized there was another pony talking with Crackshot, as her deaf ear was turned in that direction.

Comet was less happy now, the feeling of frustration overcoming him as this mare continued to act all snarky to everything he said. "Nice to see you mercenaries are still assholes. Don't know why I even bother..." He spat, rolling his eyes again and tightening his saddlebags. "You know what? I'll see you up the mountain, clearly y'all don't need me in your mix. So sorry that I offended you." Comet snarled at the mare. "I'm not exactly the most social type, so it's real nice to know that I still can't talk to ponies."

"Everything has to have a price doesn't it? I have a few, conditions. For this information. You see, I have some personal problems with Old Blooddrop. Mainly she's been ruining my businesses over the last few months. A lot of my customers have died to her. So, I want to watch are the life bleeds from her eyes, slowly and painfully. Secondly, and lets call it an insurance policy to make sure me giving this information away for free is worth it. I know ponies who would pay 1000's of caps for this. I'm gonna follow you, nice a close behind. I won't do no fighting, I just want to watch. I can be of help, I carry a high power sniper scope and nothing gets past these eyes. Even with the mask in the way. And finally, if fail to complete this mission, if I don't have enough faith that you will get it done. I'll kill you and anyone else who knows the secrets I share. I have to protect my market after all." White laughed a little at his own statement. It had been a while since he had went under this persona. It was good to play this role again. "We got a deal Hon?"

Crackshot thought the mare's offer over. She'd give him the information, and in return, she wants Blooddrop to have a slow, painful death.

And if they can't get it down, she'll kill him. A smirk appeared under his bandana at the sheer idea of it.

"You're on. What do you know?"

Wait, he noticed me? How does he keep noticing me? I thought to myself. I was confused, I was taking every precaution I knew. He seemed smart though. Experienced. Like he knew what he was doing even in such an unpredictable environment. I used a tiny bit of my magic to reflect light toward her eyes from around the corner so she could see round the corner. Then it got too bright and I muttered "Ah fu-" before shutting my mouth and stopping the spell. Note to self, magic is still messed up.

He snapped his head around, looking into the distance. He could swear something, or somepony was there.

He might just be paranoid, though.

He levitated a canteen from his pocket and took a swig of whiskey. That always steadies the nerves.

Comet was less happy now, the feeling of frustration overcoming him as this mare continued to act all snarky to everything he said. "Nice to see you mercenaries are still assholes. Don't know why I even bother..." He spat, rolling his eyes again and tightening his saddlebags. "You know what? I'll see you up the mountain, clearly y'all don't need me in your mix. So sorry that I offended you." Comet snarled at the mare. "I'm not exactly the most social type, so it's real nice to know that I still can't talk to ponies."

"So fighting to protect our lives, the lives of others, and to make some caps on the side makes us assholes?" Foray smirked, still glaring at him. "Oh, and being upset at your 'high and mighty' attitude? Yeah, we're all awful ponies, aren't we?" Her sarcastic tone dropping to a serious one, she added, "You're damn right that we don't need a weakling like you in our group. All talk and not a hint of guts to back it up."

Turning her back on the pegasus before he could retort, she nonchalantly made her way back to the group, feeling satisfied at verbally bashing the arrogant wuss that she thought he was.

There he goes again, he's definitely onto me. Or he thinks he is. I shifted back behind the hut I was hiding behind, and sat down. My side close to it's walls. I adjusted my ears slightly and just sat there, listening. I needed to find as much information in as short a time as possible, and decide whether or not I want to advance.

"So fighting to protect our lives, the lives of others, and to make some caps on the side makes us assholes?" Foray smirked, still glaring at him. "Oh, and being upset at your 'high and mighty' attitude? Yeah, we're all awful ponies, aren't we?" Her sarcastic tone dropping to a serious one, she added, "You're damn right that we don't need a weakling like you in our group. All talk and not a hint of guts to back it up."

Turning her back on the pegasus before he could retort, she nonchalantly made her way back to the group, feeling satisfied at verbally bashing the arrogant wuss that she thought he was.

Crackshot, already annoyed at the feeling of being followed, stomped over to Foray and the pegasus.

"Both of you, knock it off," he snapped, and looked at the pegasus, "Listen, you obviously have no idea how things work down here. I know where you're from, and who you used to work for. No everyday pony sneaks up and uses a chokehold. That's learned, and practiced."

He narrowed his eyes at him and Foray. "You go up there alone and you're basically asking those raiders to put a hole between your eyes. I suggest you both swallow your pride and tolerate each other until this is over. Got it?"

"Oh, you wanna talk about guts?!" I yelled at her as she started to walk away. I primed my battle saddle, and pointed it directly at her. "Well how about we blow yours out! Oh wait...you probably don't have any!" His breathing had become more erratic as anger seemed to fill his mind. Sweet Celestia, he just wanted to shoot right now.