Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Why does your family drive you NUTS?

Fluttergirly

My father is racist, sexist, and aggressive.

My mom is selfish and has no compassion often kicking me while I'm down.

Both made me self loathe myself to the point where I am still healing.

And my brother is just plain rude.

My family loves me and I love them, but sometimes I wish they could realize that internet friends can be just as good as real friends.  Some of my online friends are selfish but not all of them.

• 2 years later...

With my parents it is mostly smaller things. The problems with them run family-wide. All of us get stressed out easily and then we get put into a bad mood when that happens and we get into arguments. It does no good for no one. However, I know it's incredibly minor compared to families that are actually hateful and/or violent. There is none of that in my family, we just argue.

With my sister, she treated me really badly years ago and I have not forgiven her. I don't care if it was nearly a decade ago now. I don't care that she's been with hateful, bigoted men that could have influenced her (this happened in between). She made me trust her to come out to her and acted all accepting but then turned around and started making fun of me in front of my family.

Mostly, it's my younger siblings that drive me nuts. My brother can be super sweet but still have a lot of mean and loud moments, while my sister is just plain horrible. It's rare that she'll talk to me normally and decently, much less actually be nice. What hurts the most is that I'll keep having to endure her bullying for a long time with no escape.

My second oldest sister can be a bit irritating but she does a lot for the family, so she has that going for her.

My oldest sister is my favorite because she's the sweetest out of all my siblings. She is the only one who would help out without being forced to, but she can be mostly grouchy and want to be left alone.

My mother is the only one who doesn't drive me nuts at all, but she can be a bit frustrating when she doesn't do something about my younger sister when she's bullying me where my mother can hear unless I point it out. I can't be too mad at her because she's sick and recovering from heart surgery right now.

7 hours ago, TBD said:

Tries living in a big family.

..who is also nosy as fuck. It's hard to get privacy here.

My mother was a toxic she devil when i lived with her. She took me for granted and regularly accused me of stealing things that she simply lost and would later recover. I had no rights of my own and was little more than the help. She once kicked me out of the car to walk home because I made a logical point and constantly criticized and belittled everything I tried to do to help her. Always paranoid I had some type of ulterior motive. She has warmed up some now that I don't live there, but the damage was done.

My dad is not like her but is willing to take out a bad day on whoever is unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity. He called me names a few times when i was a kid and while that behavior changed, I never forgot it. I love my family, but I also hate their guts with a passion. So i paste on a smile and pretend nothing bothers me, because i will be blamed for it.

My father- He's a selfish low-life with a total disregard to my well-being. Also he's, quite hypocritically, both extremely judgmental and a bit of a special snowflake.

My grandmother- She's quite manipulative (my dad has that too -_-), and won't shut up for nearly enough to actually talk to. Also, she's kind of two-faced.

My uncle- He's a bit paranoid... Not to mention he supports Trump regardless of what he does (my dad does too). Also, he's got no filter...

My sister- She's yet another blind Trump supporter from what I know. Also, she suffers from rather poor judgment and an incessant need to clean.

My brother- He has an issue with not thinking things through to their logical conclusion. But that's really about it. He actually dealt with my s*** while still being fairly nice. 

Edited by Santa Barik
-_____-

• 1 month later...

My immediate family has taken me for granted. They kept belittling me even during my mid 20s, insisted in keeping me dependent when it was way better to leave their horrible ghetto home, demanded me to love my Bolivian roots when that country did nothing but cause pain and loss of sanity, they would kick me when I’m down, I had no right to be upset AT ALL, didn’t respect my privacy nor free time, and they demanded me to think like them

my younger brother was a bully pretending to be a friend. While we get along far better now, it’s probably because of their sake due to their passing, but I’m actually working in being independent and getting rid of him

• 2 months later...

My family isn't perfect (as any family) but I still love them with all my heart and at the end of the day they're always there for me...I'm talking about my immediate family btw, most of my distant family members though, aren't very nice. :yeahno:

My family treats me like I'm five, in the sense that they think that I can't make my own decisions. I love my family, but I can only take them in small doses sometimes.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Sometimes they try to get me into changing up my room or my appearance rapidly even though a lot of change can be overwhelming to me. I’m also not that big into appearance as most people so I could care less about new accessories or hairstyles.

• 11 months later...