Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you just not give a buck what people think about you?

cider float

With me, it really varies. I never fully ignore what people say they like and dislike about me, but I tend not to take unnecessarily rude remarks to heart. Sometimes it plays on my mind a little, though I usually just forget it.  :)

It really depends. If It's someone like my dance instructor, judges, or teammates then yes. I care a whole bunch. 

If it's just someone being hateful for no reason, then no. I've learned that some people are just like that, can't help them, not really my problem. I try my best to block all negativity out completely, it's all pointless and a waste of time. This includes family and friends too. They aren't always so innocent either. 

I wish I had that attitude .

Sadly I do care.

...I have a friend who tells me to pretty much f*ck what everyone thinks of me. To not care about what they think or say to me. I try to not care but it's just....hard for me not to. It's something I need to work on since I can spend hours worrying over something someone has said about me or said to me.

Me, too. 

I do. I've always had the idea that I'm lesser than others in many ways, so when they say things, it just goes along to further confirm that in my mind. I feel like I'm so much lesser that I can't even evaluate myself, others have to do it for me. So of course, I care. They know better than me.

I've always had that idea myself. It's hard to live that way because I can't really stand up for anything, at least in person. But I do care, and I do feel inferior. It's all I know. One bad word can ruin my day. The Internet is the only place where I can work out my frustration over that, because it feels safe.

I wasn't going to reply to the topic at all, but your honesty inspired me. So thank you both. 

• Brohoof 2

Of course I don't. 

I have pretty low self-esteem, so I'm prone to take what people say about me pretty badly.  :wat:  It's a pretty bad habit, but oh well.

• Brohoof 1

I try not to give a buck....but I do.  I have a lot of self-esteem and confidence issues, and I worry about what others think.  I wish I didn't, and I know it's illogical.  We would all stop worrying about what others think about us if we knew how little they actually did.  I.e. strangers barely think about you at all and really don't care.  I'm proud of myself that I've managed to start dressing the way I want in recent years, though, and not care what others think of my wacky fashion.

• Brohoof 3

No, I care about what people think of me. I don't want to seem forcefully ignorant, like most people who say they don't care what others think of them.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I couldn't give a flying fish about what other's think about me. Which is why I'm extremely open about everything. That being said i don't just go around saying random crap and not caring, I just operate on a "if you know so-and-so about me then fan-tucking-fastic you get a gold star" policy.

I have very poor self-esteem, so I do tend to care too much about what others think of me. I wish I didn't, but I can't really help it. It's just the way my mind works.

I also tend to hide a lot of my interests because I don't feel like taking crap from judgemental people. On the bright side, I don't pretend to like or hate certain things just to get people's approval either, so at least I haven't sunken that low.

Edited by Detritus

I wish I didn't care what people thought about me but unfortunately that's just how I am. I am extremely self conscious, but I try not to let other people get to me.

I've gotten a lot better over the past year though. My mom, boyfriend, psychologist and psychiatrist have helped me through a lot of my personal issues.

What people think of you has a tremendous impact over your life, whether you like it or not. That said, it matters who said people are.

If it's a random face which i won't run into, ever, sure, whatever. They are as meaningless to me as i am to them.

If it's a co-worker, a friend, or someone from my college, well, yes - i would say it's important to make a good impression for various of reasons.

Regardless, you should still "look and act your part" when you meet others - first impressions are sometimes lasting impressions, which applies for almost everything in this world.

Edited by Guest

Since i got Bullied so many times and still get troll or hate messages sometimes, just for something i watch...i really dont care what people think of me.

I mean, i know that i dont hurt anyone and also dont do anything wrong.

So...what could people possibly think of me?  :ooh:

Whatever it might be, im pretty sure it would just be usual hate comments or false assumptions.

still get troll or hate messages sometimes

ayy when you get hate/troll messages you gotta show that you're laughing it off, until you literally are laughing it off. IF those "trolls" see that, they might even become your friend, that's your choice however if you want them to even be your friends. my friends always tell me like "kill urself dude" or "idgaf if u die bro" but when u learn not to take it personal, you'll find that most people are actually joking, and if not, say something back! if a man take shots, shoot back.

wait I DONT MEAN with a gun. but yunno. and for bullying, just walk away and be like "tss" or say something back. dont ALWAYS say something back, cause you could get attacked.

Edited by Flamboyant
  • Brohoof 1

I think that caring what others think -- to a degree -- is actually a good thing. When meeting new people, for example, you should want to put your best foot forward to make a good impression. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, when it's within heathy perimeters. So yes, in this sense, I do care what people think.

Where I cross the line is when people make inaccurate and/or mean-spirited judgements on me. In this case, I couldn't care less.

Edited by Jaxsie

• 2 months later...

I care what people think of me, so I hide being a brony, I only talk(ed) about MLP as something I thought was stupid, then my friend freaking roasted me by saying that the fact that I talk about the show a lot shows that I'm a brony. But if anyone starts to think less of me for it, I'll just be like ''Well just try and stop me, b****!"