Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

roleplay world Noob in training

Lucky Duck
Go to solution Solved by Fhaolan,

Ok im going to sound like the biggest noob ever, but how do i sumbit things? i've tried and most things didnt work, where exactly do i go to upload, and what can i upload? ( i need to upload at least 5 things ^^ c: )

Step 1. Upload whatever it is you're trying to share somewhere on the internet. The choice is dependent on what type of creation you're trying to share:

Pictures: try PhotoBucket, ImageShack or one of the dozen other sites that offer free pictures hosting.

Video: generally, YouTube is the place to go. If not possible, try DailyMotion.

Music: again, YouTube (with a little format change), SoundCloud or, if it's pony-related, you can try Poniverse's own Pony.fm.

Step 2. Share your creation on the forums, under Pony Artwork. Just create a thread and insert whatever you've created either by linking to it or embedding it with the [ img ] code. Hint: youtube links will automatically get converted into playable videos, so there's no need to fuss over that.

Alternatively, you can also attach a file to the post by clicking the "Choose Files..." button under main post-writing window in full editor mode (it will be enabled by default when creating a new thread). Just remember the single file size limit of 50 MB.

Step 3. Await response. From what I've seen, you're very unlikely not to get any around here.

Cheers.

• Brohoof 2

Since you stated you needed to submit 5 things, I'm assuming you mean the 'minimum post requirement' that some of the forum (like Roleplay World) is under. It's not uploading things, by the way, it's making five posts in any of a variety of places around the forum, like Show Discussion, Octavia's Hall, etc. If it's a place that your posts don't count towards that minimum, it will say 'Post count will not increase in this section.' Like it does under Welcoming Plaza.

For that, you just do what you did for your post here. In fact, your post here counts towards your five posts.  :yay:

However, the posts have to be meaningful. Not just spam posting to get past the minimum. That's against the rules and against the spirit of *why* there's a restriction on some parts of the forums. The restriction is there to put a bit of a barrier in front of potential trolls for places that are more sensitive to that kind of thing. Life Advice, Roleplaying World, etc. are very attractive places for trolls to go and mess around, so the minimum post restriction was put in place.