Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite video game console?

Orbital_Forces

Aside from the glorious PC master race, my favorite console is the SNES. It had so many classics and many of my favorite games like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and A Link to the Past that still hold up well to this day.

I am an avid PC gamer, however, Playstation 2 is my favourite console, I have played the most hours on PS2 than on my first console, Super Nintendo, which I still have a sentimental attachment to, but it was Playstation 2 where I bonded with my siblings once they matured, and where I made friends, even in the navy I played with other sailors on the Playstation 2, so this console have given me the most fun, and continues to do so. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm an all around gamer so I play all races, but if I had to choose, it'd be the Nintendo Gamecube. I grew up with this console and I began loving series' I STILL love to this day. More specifically, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, the Sims, Mario, Sonic. It all started on the Gamecube.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard for me to say nowadays.  The Wii and Wii U have genuinely had some of my favorite entries in their respective franchises: Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Super Mario 3D World, Twilight Princess (realizing it also released to Cube), Mario Kart 8, and Pikmin 3 come to mind.  With the Virtual Console, both systems also give me unprecedented access to classic games on a recent console; my Wii U is essentially a retro gaming machine with some modern features.

Screw it: I'm gonna say Wii U.  Because I can play Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 2 (JPN), and 3 all on the same damn console (and with minimal controller swapping).  Were my list not lacking Super Mario Sunshine (and I regret that it is), I would be able to play every major entry in one of my favorite franchises without having to boot up, hook up, or dust off another system.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say mainly Xbox for my shooters like BF, CoD, and my Minecraft, but I like any console because there are awesome games on them that you can't play on others, like there are really good Xbox exclusive games and then there are exclusive Playstation games. I love the Wii and Nintendo for things like Smash Bros and Mario Kart and other classics. I still even play Game Cube for Operation: Desert Storm, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros Melee, and a lot of others.

Mine is definitely the Xbox One. Not only do I own more games for it than I have for any other system, thanks to deals, ease of acquisition, and so forth, the overall feel of the UI and the way the system operates makes it to where I use it all the time. I mainly became an Xbox gamer back in 2011 but the One rises above even that and is just my favorite game system for pretty much any possible reason. 

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't until I was 27 that I got a console. We had Acorns instead.

From Uni onwards I had PCs but until recently, didn't have the money for a decent gaming rig. I got a second hand 360 with Fallout 3 for my birthday. I then got Skyrim and FO:NV.

Then in 2013 I saved for my current machine and the 360 kinda sat doing nothing. I even bought Skyrim and FO:NV for the PC.

It's still at my parents' house actually...

PC all the way. But if it's just consoles, PS2. I love my JRPGs. Also 3DS, but I don't really count handhelds as consoles.

But a gamepad has it's positive functions with other games.

Racing games are the only ones where a controller is better than MKB.

• 2 weeks later...

Playstation 1 was my first console, so theres always a special place for it ♥

Playstation 4 just because that is my only other console aside from the good o'l ps1

On the topic of talking about consoles, do Xbox 360 (7th generation) aka the "Value pack" do those still have that hardware  failure issues pretty much all Xbox seem to have? I ask the same question for the Xbox One, as i considered getting one a few years in the future. (these are questions no one seems to answer ....)