Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in Ponies?

NyanLuna

Hey, so I've kinda been looking for something to believe in.

I've thought about believing in ponies, Princess Luna, I hate Celestia  :diamondtiara:

I mean this as in believing in ponies, instead of a real religion.

Do you guys believe in ponies, is that your "religion?"

1. Sorry if this offends anyone

2. Sorry if I shouldn't put this up.

3. Sorry if it's in the wrong place

(I make a lot of mistakes) 

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I don't believe in ponies, as there is no way that they exist. I basically have the same views on it as religion in that regard. Still doesn't stop ponies from bringing joy to me, even if I know they don't exist. :) That is the joy of media. 

• Brohoof 4

No, I don't think I would ever even consider it. They aren't real, and It seems like a very silly thing to do, having a religion based of of a TV show. Its like trying to say that you worship Harry Potter, or you worship this forums site. It doesn't make much sense.

• Brohoof 5

Well, God is my God and the bible is my bible, so no, ponies aren't my religion. They do, however, make me happy, and the morals from the show and spinoff media are consistent with my Christian values, so there's that. That said, I already have a relgion, so I don't worship ponies.

• Brohoof 4

I love how some responses sound if you get em out of context XD

Anyway, i'm an atheist myself but if i would ever choose a "religion" just to mock the other religions out there it will probably be ponies because the show is "good"; it teaches people that they should be nice with each other, help each other and that friendship is, well, magic without anyone dying, floods killing most living things on Earth and punishing people for what just one person have done unlike other religions *cough* Christianity *cough*.

So if you really want it, go for it! There is nothing that can stop you from creating your own religion and having a TV show's characters as gods. And it sounds very interesting as well and i think you will be the only one to have done that...but you might also look a little bit over obsessed with the show for some XD

• Brohoof 1

@@NyanLuna

Just letting you know I moved this to Sugarcube Corner as it had more to do with the fandom than the show.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

I suppose you could call me a "Neigh-theist".

I think it's fun to believe in Luna and Celestia, simply because they are fictional characters. Most of these characters have more compassion and humanity than real human beings..

Lauren Faust believed in Ponies, and knew that they had the power to spread the magic of friendship. 

That's good enough for me.

:fluttershy:

• Brohoof 5

I believes in ponies because sometimes, I ride them

Otherwise I don't believe in fictionnal ponies. Howewer I am atheist and for me god and fictionnal ponies got the same amount of proof of their existence, which is 0. So believe in ponies make as much sense as believe in god. And after all people believe in what they want, even ponies

Erm.. maybe you need to take a step back hun. It is a TV show. Fiction.

Ok, sure whatever, I like what I like, and MLP is my light in the darkness.

But sometimes, I need to believe that something is there, even if in another Universe

What a silly question. One does not simply choose to believe in something. You have to be convinced. We already know how MLP came to be, so it's no use turning it into a religion. Nothing wrong with believing in it's message though.

• Brohoof 2

I founded The Cult of Pony Wisdom here at MLPF nearly two years ago.  I was far too lenient as a cult leader and ultimately abandoned by my herd. : /  You go and try to make a nice cult for everyone, and that's how they thank you!

But do I believe in ponies in earnest?

Yes.  Yes, I do.

There's an Angel in my life (who also happens to be a winged equine), and she's why I believe.  I wouldn't necessarily characterize this "belief" as a religion, and use of the term "goddess" is generally saved for special occasions.  However, spending time with Babe is the closest I've ever gotten to what one might call a spiritual experience.  I accept her, mind, heart, and body; she's my soul.

• Brohoof 6

I think I've even heard of people committing suicide because they take mlp up as a religion and then something happens in the show that I dunno....causes them to inflict self harm on themselves?.....so no I do not believe in magical colourful ponies...that's kinda ridiculous.

hey um...right so imagine this.....you take up mlp as a religion....and the only church...is Hasbro HQ.....rip

No.

I don't believe that the ponies from the show actually exist in our world. The show was created by someone; and that's all it really is. It's just a TV show.

...Nor do I see it as a religion.

But if someone wants to believe in it as such, that's fine.

• Brohoof 1