Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best examples of TERRIBLE balancing in games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Pretty much every "pay to win" game I can think of, is very unbalanced. I understand apps need to get their money somehow, but they should have it where it isn't a Premium thing; that is just op. Not even just apps, other games as well. So, with that general concept, let's see where specifically I found an unbalance...

I love strategy games, one of my returning games I play is Stickempires. The game has a lot of highs and lows though. Some units (if used right) can not be beaten. As long as their is no lag and you click fast the Vs cannot be beaten. They can posses other enemies units (like giants and other Vs) and clone themselves (even a non player of this game can see this as unfair, but this does need to be upgraded and they don't have the ability to posses themselves). It can also teleport, because it just needs that bit extra. Although it costs a whole lot, there are other units in the Elemental empire that can help defend as well, until the max is reached. This is all also partly because you need to pay for a membership to use this empire, but it still seems a little unfair for those who don't have any money (or like $50 just lying around). Still, it's a fun game to play, very bad ranking system, but pretty good gameplay.

CS:GO

AWP

Battlefield 3

M16A3

AN-94

M320 GL

PP-19

USAS-12 FRAGS

AUG + M320 SMOKE

Battlefield 4

MG4

M320 GL

M320 3GL

UCAV

SUAV

Engineer Anti-Air

Lock-ons

Heli pods

Stealth jet damage

Ass-salt class

Spotting

Rainbow Six: Siege

The fucking SMG-11 can have an ACOG slapped onto it. It spits out rounds at over 1100RPM and because the game uses hit scan, every first shot is dead on. It's OP as balls.

xft2FY2.jpg

They need to remove its ability to use an ACOG at the very least, the thing is a machine pistol, not a rifle.

• Brohoof 1

And let's not forget TF2. I won't say it's extremely terrible balancing but at times it seems like Valve is on drugs when they update stuff. Pyros infamously get a lot of attention and are the target of all nerfs and buffs and whatnot. Some of the time there's no real reason for it.

Most unbalanced thing in tf2 is not the Pyro. its the auto-balance. I swear as soon as i cap i switch to the enemy team.

(edited)

Pokemon nowadays is still somewhat unbalanced. Sure, it doesn't have things nearly as bad as Infinite Wrap/Fire Burn/Ect or Speed = Critical hit rate, but now that the EXP.Share gives experience to every single ember of your team, just playing the game normally will lead to your team being several levels higher than the gym leaders. In OR/AS, I steamrolled Norman's team without losing a single pokemon, when in past playthroughs of Ruby/Sapphire I just barely managed to win on most occasions. And this was before they just handed you a Game Breaker in the form of a free legendary capable of Mega Evolving.

Most Yu-Gi-Oh or card battling games tend to balance funny too since you start with a crap deck and have to rely on luck to get better cards. It's really bad when in one Yu-Gi-Oh game the final part of the story is having to fight four tournament level deck types back to back.   

Edited by PoisonClaw

Most unbalanced thing in tf2 is not the Pyro. its the auto-balance. I swear as soon as i cap i switch to the enemy team.

No it's definitely the Blutsager, I mean it's bonkers as F***.

Yep.

Since Super Smash Brothers is the only "fighting" game series that I play, I can only think of Kirby (from SSB64) being somewhat broken in that game. His up-tilt can easily break a shield and punish the opponent, and his recovery is amazing, being only worse than Pikachu's.

Meta Knight in Brawl has also been considered broken by many. He even was banned for a time in tournaments but I don't play Brawl very often.

One of my favourite games.

No it's definitely the Blutsager, I mean it's bonkers as F***.

Yep.

Here I thought at least one of you would discuss the recent buffs/nerfs of various weapons during Gun Mettle and Tough Break.

Destiny: The Taken King:

"Oh, you have a maxed VoG Hard Mode run equipment loadout with your favorite exotics and you're an expert in using Voidwalker techniques? Well, too bad. Everything you have is useless, your favorite strikes and raids are either locked out or impossible to hit up a group for, and we threw in a bunch of new classes that you can cheese the hell out of with little to no skill. Have fun! (For $40.)"

It was important to me that you knew exactly why I brohooved your post, as I entered this topic with the intention of saying "Destiny." xD  For a game where the devs are seemingly obsessed with monitoring the players' behavior and tweaking things constantly (usually in ways that end up hurting the player), it's still awfully damned unbalanced.

Perhaps one of the worst offenders of all time is Warhammer 40k, not any of the video games but the table top game.  Playing it almost requires you to hold back when in comes to army building because of how easily the game is broken and exploited, and you can easily slaughter and opponent without breaking a sweat depending upon army builds.  There are entire forums basically dedicated to how broken it can become.

Reno Warlock in Hearthstone. 'Nuff friggin said

I basically got tired of Hearthstone after a while because I wasn't willing to throw real money at virtual cards and I always felt like I was completely outclassed by my opponents cards.  If I am going to spend time playing a PvP Blizzard game, I much rather play Heroes of the Storm.  Unlock a hero in that game and he is completely functional, no strings attached. 

• 6 years later...

Tfw you play Destiny's Gambit mode and someone is using the Gjallahorn rocket launcher. Tfw you play Destiny 2's crucible mode and realize that PvP is unbalanced. Tfw you play any PvP mode in Destiny 2 and realize that it's not optimized as a PvP game! Come on, who's gonna win - the guy with 26/100 resilience or the guy with 100/100?

• 1 month later...

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 2 has some balance issues. 

It isn't even that one class is more powerful than another, it is simply very easy to become stupidly OP, especially as Jedi Consular given how powerful force powers can be. I usually play as Jedi Guardian/Weapon Master (that isn't even the most powerful combination) yet the game is simply easy. When I go for force powers... "easy" doesn't even cut it :laugh: Force Storm through everything xD

Skyrim with its slogan "no matter how You start the game, You'll always end up as stealth archer". And even putting that aside - enchanting/alchemy loop can easily break the game. And do so literally as when Your damage is counted in millions the game literally dies :laugh:

Mass Effect 3 - grab any companion capable of wielding N7-Typhoon. Give them all the damage bonuses You can. Suddenly You become the sidekick in Your own story to that companion :laugh:

Dying Light 2 absolutely doesn't need a paraglider, at least not as a permanent upgrade. You can just fly wherever you want with it, making parkour obsolete. And the fact that you get a grappling hook after the paraglider just makes no sense.