Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Moved to Elsewhere

I'm kinda sad, my friend and I watched the Nintendo Direct together about half an hour ago, he instantly called dibs on the Moon Version!

I won't be able to support the night like I wanted to, but I hope I can capture the Sun God itself! All hail the Lunar Republic!

• Brohoof 1

Wish we got a main series game where we join team evil, or are the kid of some crime boss, and work for the bad guys right from the start.

Snagging Pokemon needs to come back

Dark type gyms need to be a thing

Backstory on celestial pokemon origins (and megas)

I hope Sun/moon doesn't disappoint

• Brohoof 2

I would bet money that they're adding in a new weather condition called 'Dark Moon' or 'Night' or something. 

But anyways, yay, new Pokemon! I always love Pokemon, it's such a fun game series and always manages to make it feel at least somewhat fresh. 

• Brohoof 1

I really really hope that this is better than the past couple of games. Haven't been too impressed with the 3DS iterations so far. The games are just too easy and the stories and characters are absolutely abysmal. The story has never been 'good' but the 3DS games put the story right in your face as if they think it actually is good. News flash Nintendo, the stories and characters are awful. 

I will keep an eye out for these, see if they actually get my interest. 

"Call of Duty is the same game every year" - Nintendo Fanboy Circa 2007

I have a very difficult time distinguishing between you and them when you talk about Call of Duty.  All Nintendo fans are apparently fanboys, but if you like something mature and acceptable like Call of Duty, you only ever just make it to fan.  You're either all fans or you're all fanboys; accept it.

So if you had to choose a game by title alone, which would you guys get? I'd probably get Moon, though I have a feeling that's what most people will get. Like how everyone got X, very few people seemed to get Y. ORAS seemed to have a good 50/50 split though.

Edited by Snake

So if you had to chose a game by title alone, which would you guys get? I'd probably get Moon, though I have a feeling that's what most people will get. Like how everyone got X, very few people seemed to get Y. ORAS seemed to have a good 50/50 split though.

I'd go for Moon, also. But I want some more information before making a final decision. 

• Brohoof 1

So if you had to choose a game by title alone, which would you guys get? I'd probably get Moon, though I have a feeling that's what most people will get. Like how everyone got X, very few people seemed to get Y. ORAS seemed to have a good 50/50 split though.

I'm probably gonna go with Sun because I don't know the first version I tend to be more inclined to. If I can afford to get both however, that would be nice.

• Brohoof 1

Da

I would bet money that they're adding in a new weather condition called 'Dark Moon' or 'Night' or something. 

But anyways, yay, new Pokemon! I always love Pokemon, it's such a fun game series and always manages to make it feel at least somewhat fresh.

day and night were features in gold and silver

definitely moon. Don't even have to think about it. I've lovedd astronomy and characters related to the moon and stars since little. Yue, from Card Captors, Hatsya and Saiph, from Gaia online, Princess Luna, Umbreon...

I don't like sun related characters, after learning of the tie-ins between Masons/Illuminati and Egyptian sun deity worship (Celesta especially. Eyes that look like Eye of Horus)

• Brohoof 2

As a long term Pokemon fan this really interests me.

I totally am planning on getting Pokemon Moon.

I wonder if this already going to be gen7 or if it could be something completely different like an actual sequel to XY like Black and White 2 were to the original BW games, or if it could be a gen 6.5.

I am thinking that it is generation 7 but with how vague it has been described, I am not 100 percent certain.

@@Nightmare Muffin,

Weather conditions, such as harsh sunlight, rain, sandstorm, hail, etc. I meant that GF might have 'dark moon' as a weather condition that boosts dark and ghost type attacks and makes moonlight heal more or something. I don't mean the time of day or anything. 

Wait... already?

At this point, Game Freak is just desperate for this series to go on. I wish I could be excited for this, but I can't. They'll just make the same game over and over again without putting much effort or thought into it. >_>

Wait... already?

At this point, Game Freak is just desperate for this series to go on. I wish I could be excited for this, but I can't. They'll just make the same game over and over again without putting much effort or thought into it. >_>

X and Y were released in 2013, so it has been three years. They seem to release new generations every 3 to 4 years so it's not that soon.

They should've waited a year to be honest. I felt X/Y could've had a sequel then possibly 7th gen games. There was a lot of potential they could've had, such as new move tutors, megas and expanding on the storyline but I guess they couldn't be bothered to finish it up.

Wait... already?

hey, it's been working for them doing that for 20 years

Why stop?

They'll just make the same game over and over again without putting much effort or thought into it. >_>

I've seen an interview with a developer in Japan some months ago and he explained why so little will change in Japanese games; their local consumers want the familiar, no big new things, no side-quests, everything linear and slow gameplay.

Eventually FFXIII became the infamous example of the JRPG stagnation.

Yeah, they should make a sequel to X and Y or something really. Part of the power plant hasn't been featured, we still don't know what was up with that creepy ghost girl, the zygarde forms etc.

Edited by Conspiracy.

hey, it's been working for them doing that for 20 years

Why stop?

Except who wants to buy the same game over and over? Essentially, people would just still get ripped off by Game Freak's actions. It doesn't help that in the past two years, Pokémon has been doing poorly in Japan, and for a very good reason. People in Japan have found a new gaming franchise to play and have stuck with that. They want something new and better.

I sure as hell don't want to play this series anymore because there are so many games out there that aren't as formulaic as Pokémon.

I've seen an interview with a developer in Japan some months ago and he explained why so little will change in Japanese games; their local consumers want the familiar, no big new things, no side-quests, everything linear and slow gameplay.

Eventually FFXIII became the infamous example of the JRPG stagnation.

That's rather interesting. I do love some of the games that Japan produces, but I certainly would love it if they branch out beyond just local consumers. It could potentially do all kinds of amazing things to help improve the games they create.

Although based on another interview I've found, Japan also has the tendency to be in love with certain franchises until a certain time of period. First it was all about Doraemon, then it was all about Pokémon and nowadays it's about Yōkai Watch.

Im conflicted. My inner fanboy is excited, but another part of me is thinking "Wtf? Where's Z?" It's honestly making me wonder why they pushed out ORAS in such a hurry if they werent going to do anything else with gen 6.

I won't lie though... the appearance of the link cable did make me crack a smile.

I have a very difficult time distinguishing between you and them when you talk about Call of Duty.  All Nintendo fans are apparently fanboys, but if you like something mature and acceptable like Call of Duty, you only ever just make it to fan.  You're either all fans or you're all fanboys; accept it.

I was making the joke that a majority of Nintendo fanatics criticize Call of Duty fans as "fanboys" because they can accept Call of Duty being "the same game every year" and yet Pokemon is literally the same game every year and Nintendo fans are the loudest in calling Call of Duty fans "fanboys" for accepting such a thing when they are literally the exact same thing. Fanboys are generally people who say it's not okay for someone else to do something, but the moment something they like does it, it's all fine and good and that's basically a majority of Nintendo fans. 

I was making the joke that a majority of Nintendo fanatics criticize Call of Duty fans as "fanboys" because they can accept Call of Duty being "the same game every year" and yet Pokemon is literally the same game every year and Nintendo fans are the loudest in calling Call of Duty fans "fanboys" for accepting such a thing when they are literally the exact same thing. Fanboys are generally people who say it's not okay for someone else to do something, but the moment something they like does it, it's all fine and good and that's basically a majority of Nintendo fans. 

"The best defense is a good offense."  So...  You're saying that Call of Duty games are comparable to Pokemon games in that both franchises continue to produce similar iterations?  Because I hardly think your original comment was even relevant otherwise.