Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Moved to Elsewhere

I am having a religious experience right now...I am gonna do something different and choose a grass starter this time. I am glad the different skin toned character options are back.

And I thought this region was based on the Philippines at first...Which made me happy. But I guess it's based on Hawaii...I guess Gamefreak is trying to appeal to Hoenn fans again.

(edited)

I was so happy and surprised to see these trailers today.  I certainly wasn't expecting to see anything on Sun and Moon for a while. :lol:

But this was a welcome surprise that made my day a little better.

Definitely looking forward to November 18.

Unlike what some others have to say about the tropical environment, I have to say the even if Hoenn has already done it, I am really liking what I am seeing of this new region.

The graphics and environment look gorgeous.

Also I am soo glad that character customization is back. Hopefully it is a little bit more in depth than it was in XY.

Team Popplio for best starter.

Edited by cmarston1

The tropical design looks pretty good in the new region. I like it, but seems a bit too Hoenn.

I don't know why but the moon legendary looks ADORABLE. The little smirk it has on the cover art has sold me. Already have a nickname in mind, haha. Though it technically is a Noivern with a moon slapped on it, but Noivern is cool, so yay.

Glad that customization is back. Agreeing with cmarston, I hope it's a little more in depth.

REEEE I DON'T LIKE THE RIVAL. I want a complete jerk back like Silver and Blue, or at least an annoying prick like Barry. Please make his smile a facade.

Out of all of the starters, as always, i'm waiting until I see the final evolutions, but i'm leaning towards Litten, because i'm a fire starter person at heart (except gens 4 and 5). Rowlet is adorable though. Not a big fan of the water starter, which is pretty normal as I tend to dislike them.

The positives: the new look is pretty cool, characters seem to be more realistic in thier proportions.

Glad trainer customization is back.

The region looks cool.

Negatives: the starters look dreadfully terrible. I'm really really disappointed. Here's hoping the final evolutions make them somewhat salvageable.

The legendaries look bad too.

No female professor AGAIN. I'm tired of these eye candy male professors.

Not a good first step for these games so far.

(edited)

Looks like they upgraded the engine, that's good to see. I'm really excited to see we have an owl grass type! We haven't had an owl since gen 2 and we haven't had a grass flying since gen 3! (not including shaymin sky)

The region looks pretty darn cool and it definitely has personality. From what I've seen from the trailer at least.

The legendaries look pretty awesome too. I think I'm going with sun version. Here's my reasoning: the sun legendary looks just like gospel/gregar from the megaman battle network game. Yveltal kind of resembles falzar. A battle network team would be kind of a fun idea :P

Edited by Celtore

After seeing the trailer, I'm definitely looking forward to the gaming coming out soon. The region looks interesting and being called Alola seems fitting for it taking place in Hawaii. The starters look really cool and I was stuck deciding between the fire and water Pokemon as my starter. In the end I decided on the water starter because he looked really cute and cool and his introduction when you first see him caught my interest. The legendaries for Sun and Moon look amazing and before I was going to go with Moon, but now I can't decide on which game to get  :lol:. Hopefully, with more trailers, I'll come to a decision, but for right now I'm still definitely going with Moon version. I really can't wait to see more updates on what Sun and Moon have to offer. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OMG! Rowlet is soooooo kawaii!!! No, really. I don't think I've been this excited about a starter since Chimchar. Am very excited to start with it, even if Grass/Flying has a lot of weaknesses.

Litten looks kinda' cool, too. Kind of like his serious/no nonsense nature. Seems like a real cat. 

Popplio kind of sucks though. I hate clowns and he just looks like clown merged with a creepy baby toy. Just shudder.  Plus he makes balloons out of his nose. Gross, dude. Of all the cool sea creatures they could have potentially based the Water starter on, this is what they go with?  I mean, we could have gotten that dolphin Pokemon everyone's been wanting forever, but instead, they go with a clown. Because everyone likes clowns! Facepalm. Maybe he will look better later, but as of now, I am not impressed.

Both the legendaries are badass! Especially that lion!

Edited by Carolina
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bump again

New gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW14HO7C1Dg

Major points include:

• Legendaries names, types, and abilities confirmed
  • Region confirmed to be multiple islands
  • Professors name, a long with mysterious assistant, and rival/friend
  • Rotom Pokedex

I find the types of the legendaries ironic seeing as Solgaleo is a Steel/Psychic type, making the sun Pokemon weak to fire and Lunala Psychic/Ghost type, making the moon Pokemon times 4 weak to dark. 

I like the idea of it being multiple islands. Really emulating Hawaii and really opening up the opportunity for exploration.

Let me guess, the mysterious assistant is gonna either be a rival or working with the evil team.

The Rotom in the Pokedex sounds weird but I'll eventually get used to it.

Sigh...why Game Freak? WHY? You made the friggin' SUN LEGENDARY a Psychic/Steel type and the MOON LEGENDARY a Ghost/Psychic type! X4 weakness to THEMSELVES! Why would they even do that? That is one hell of an oversight on their part.

The dark-type is actually known as the evil-type in Japanese.

As for the typing of the legendaries, they haven't always made sense. Lugia is a notable one since it is often connected to the sea, but it's part psychic type. Reshiram and Zekrom are fire and electric types respectively for whatever reason, or are fire and electricity opposite in some sense?

Solgaleo has the same typing and ability as Metagross, so I have to wonder what kind of stat distribution it will get. Meanwhile, Lunala gets multiscale shadow shield.

I'll be honest - when I first saw the starters I thought Rowlet was adorable and pretty much set my heart on Litten. I mean, he's a cat. Please.

But... Over time, just... The pure amount of distaste Popplio gets made me feel like I have to protect him. He's pretty cute, and I guess my water starter bias is kicking back in.

Excited to see final evols, and also learn some more about the region! 

Looking forward to the new games, I will be getting Moon version, and Popplio will be my starter because I love how he looks and also, water type is best type.  :please:

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Why must the Internet hate on Popolio ;-; Glad he's getting more fans over here! I liked him from the start, dunno why. But my fire type bias may effect that choice. (Rowlet is getting overrated tho.) #TeamSun

Edited by Sparklz_Dash

So hyped for this game! The setting is based on Hawaii, but the theme definitely seems to be...KAWAII! Rowlet and Cutiefly AND that hedgehog Pikachu clone (whose name I don't remember at the moment)??? Just seems too good to be true! I love cute Pokemon so this makes me really happy!

Not quite as fond of Drampa (the name or the design), but might use it if its stats are good. Bruxish is ridiculous looking, as is Popplio, so hoping for some better Water Types soon.

Holy crap, I want a drampa! Hopefully he gets good stats, I really, really want to use him on my team.

The new electric bug types look pretty interesting too and I'm really digging their designs. Hopefully they're actually usable, I said the same thing about galvantula towards the start of gen 5. I'm not that big on the new pikachu clone though, emolga is still my favourite.

Im not the biggest pokemon fan ive played some of the games and enjoyed them but ive never been the kind of player of pokemon at least that trys to minmax everything and all that but because the games are well made i can enjoy them like that an other people can enjoy being hardcore but i have to say the new games look really good and i cant wait until there released and play them.

I'm 50/50 on the new designs recently revealed. 

I instantly fell in love with the dragon pokemon, it's so cute that I'm probably going to catch many of them.  :D  I might already have some nicknames in mind as well... In other words, I'm hyped.