Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Sun and Moon Confirmed

Moved to Elsewhere

I instantly fell in love with the dragon pokemon, it's so cute that I'm probably going to catch many of them.  :D  I might already have some nicknames in mind as well... In other words, I'm hyped.

It's cute, right!? I want one, too!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Huh, nobody talking about the new pokemon yet eh? Funny, considering one is quite literally the bear hug pokemon and the other is the most adorable ghost type in the series thus far. Seriously, mimikkyu is going on my team and I really dont care what stats he has. I WILL make it work.

sig-4596342.CnK5oiHWYAA5H7o.jpg

According to Serebii, probably obtained from CoroCoro, "Mimikkyu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is." ...I still have my stuffed pikachu plushy from 20 years ago. And what an adorable concept for a pokemon!

Edit: Ghost fairy type too! There's an interesting type combination...

Edited by Celtore

Huh, nobody talking about the new pokemon yet eh? Funny, considering one is quite literally the bear hug pokemon and the other is the most adorable ghost type in the series thus far. Seriously, mimikkyu is going on my team and I really dont care what stats he has. I WILL make it work.

sig-4596342.CnK5oiHWYAA5H7o.jpg

According to Serebii, probably obtained from CoroCoro, "Mimikkyu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is." ...I still have my stuffed pikachu plushy from 20 years ago. And what an adorable concept for a pokemon!

Edit: Ghost fairy type too! There's an interesting type combination...

As adorable as the two new Pokemon are, the latter is the most blatant attempt to cash in on Pikachu's popularity ever. XD 

• Brohoof 1

As adorable as the two new Pokemon are, the latter is the most blatant attempt to cash in on Pikachu's popularity ever. XD 

Haha, well, yeah, and probably to appeal to fans with the nostalgia goggles :P

Kind of funny though considering how they already have their pikachu of this generation (togedemaru.)

• Brohoof 1

According to Serebii, probably obtained from CoroCoro, "Mimikkyu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is."

Oooooh boy, Mimikkyu reminds me of the child ghost from the movie The Orphanage. NICE! :D

I NEED THAT POKEMON IN MY TEAM.

• Brohoof 1

Mimikkyu should be classified as the "Meta Pokemon". It disguises itself as Pikachu, the undoubtable mascot of Pokemon, its costume is based on merchandise that came out 20 years ago (when Pokemon was first released and around the time it was at the height of popularity.) and it just wants to be loved and adored. Consider the response I've seen, it's already getting its wish.

Another new Pokemon I've seen was Salandit, a poison/fire lizard and the first Pokemon with such a type combination. Yeah, Houndoom could naturally learn smog and I think some poison types could learn fire moves, but this one of the first Pokemon to make use of the fact that noxious gas is usually flammable.  

• Brohoof 1

A new trailer has been released.

Apparently the rumors of some kind of weird synergy mechanic happening in the games seems to be true.

As well as Pokemon Amie is confirmed to return but seems to be a little bit different.

• Brohoof 1

A new trailer has been released.

Apparently the rumors of some kind of weird synergy mechanic happening in the games seems to be true.

As well as Pokemon Amie is confirmed to return but seems to be a little bit different.

I'm just gonna say... I had no idea what was going on. 

Seeing all the Pokemon that are out right now, I'm really excited and in wonder on what other Pokemon will be announced. I really like Salandit, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Comfey, Drampa and Vikavolt. I like some of the new abilities, especially Salandit, being able to poison any Pokemon regardless of type. All in all, these are really cool Pokemon and I'm really excited on what Pokemon will be shown next. :)

(edited)

Cool, I like Pokemon but only before they started becoming...

sig-4396911.vanillite.jpg

*sigh* ice cream cones...

Yep, this gen was definatley the worst pokemon design wise but the games afterwards made up for it (Not counting x and y)

I can't wait for Sun and Moon! I'll personally be picking up Sun, as I just like the Lion's design more...

This is the worst case scenario, though: 

sig-4582698.post-34671-0-30934900-146734

Definatly, I will scream if this happened, I'd prefer a new type combination or something like fire dark maybe. Also I do prefer the lion design but I will be going for moon as I love the darkness and the night, luna is best pony XD

Edited by JaySplash
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, who was the "genius" who came up with Wimpod and his ability Wimp Out? Like, at least with Abra and Ralts you could get lucky and not have them teleport or keep them from running away, but Wimp Out forces them to either run away or swap out when they lose more than  50% of their HP, which you can't really control. Unless he evolves into one serious powerhouse, I predict very few people will use him. 

Oh my gosh. OMG. An Ice type Vulpix. And an Ice/Fairy type Ninetales. So gorgeous. I've never really had a chance to use Ice types, but I think I just found one I will absolutely have to include in my team.

ninetalesicefairy.jpg

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

For those who are interested, this is what the enw trailer is.

I can't believe that there are no gyms in these games!

As well as Z Moves and the new Alola forms for already established Pokemon.

I hope we get to see more than just the few released in the trailer.

Also the new pokemon showed off here look really cool.

I am now really looking forward to Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Exeggutor looks... utterly ridiculous. The ice type Sandshrew and Vulpix look cool through, and that grass pokemon that looks to wearing a kimono looks so adorable, I just want to hug it!

Z Moves look... Dragon Ball Zish. Lol. Especially that Fire one. xD

Exeggutor has always looked utterly ridiculous. I kind of like its whole tall palm tree look, here, actually. =P

*Reaction to the Exeggutor Aloha form: 0:09.* 

Aside from that, I WANT THE NEW VULPIX/NINETALES! 

And aside from that, love how much Nintendo's getting ahead of itself with all these new features. Jesus Christ, calm down Pokemon! XD 

Edited by Stardust Balance
  • Brohoof 1

*Reaction to the Exeggutor Aloha form: 0:09.* 

Aside from that, I WANT THE NEW VULPIX/NINETALES! 

And aside from that, love how much Nintendo's getting ahead of itself with all these new features. Jesus Christ, calm down Pokemon! XD 

Or this :P

I don't know how I feel about not having conventional gym leaders :/

• Brohoof 1

Y'all are such haters. =P

Playing Pokemon GO has made me realize even more how a number of these Generation I Pokemon designs were already very odd. Back in the day I didn't think much... But now I'm like "Hm..." Exeggutor, as I already stated, was always a bit of a weird design. This one is just based off of those tall palm trees, like in Southern California. I actually love those. I will not change my opinion on Exeggutor in general, but the new typing is interesting.