Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was your first steam game?

DeadRightNowBoi

My first steam game was Garry's Mod. It was also the first multiplayer game I've ever played on PC. Literally first time I've played with actual people! It was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had! ^_^

But Steam has been around with us for a very long time and I'm curious. I wanted to know from you guys what was your first steam game! What was your experience with your first game like? Did you had fun with it?  

• Brohoof 2

My first Steam game was Team Fortress 2 back when it first became free-to-play.  It wasn't until a year later that I tried it again and actually enjoyed it.

Pretty sure it was Portal during one of their promotions where they were giving it away for free

Edited by ChicksDigGiantRobots
  • Brohoof 2

I think it was Left 4 Dead 2. I had already played Left 4 Dead 2 on my Xbox 360. I am more of a console gamer than a PC gamer, so it took me some time learning how to play with a keyboard and mouse. It's definitely a different experience from using a controller.

Edited by joanro
  • Brohoof 1

My first steam game was Age of Empires 2 HD Edition, with all the extra DLC. Alot of my Steam games are retro games, or remasters/remakes of retro games. :P

I was set up with Steam back in 2007, and the guy who helped me get set up also got me some sort of 'Valve starter pack' that had a bunch of games such as Ricochet, the original Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic and Counter-Strike 1.6. I didn't touch most of them, but I did play the mess out of CS 1.6. Naturally, Counter-Strike Source was one of the first games I got, and Garry's Mod as well.

• 2 years later...

The first game I played on Steam was Team Fortress 2, as it was free-to-play. If free games don't count, Terraria was the first game that I bought and played.

Excluding Team Fortress 2, and any other free games... the first game I bought for Steam was oddly enough American Trucking Simulator. Never really sat down and played it though till like, 3 years after I bought it though. Its a fun game, and I don't regret buying, but not one of my most played games.