Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you go to see the MLP Movie?

Ponies4Bronies

Most likely on my own, as there arn't any local brony groups here (or at least there isn't from what i've seen). To top that, i'll most likely go late night/early morning so i don't got all the weird stares form parents which will put me off the movie!

I don't think so, the problem is that i'm used to watch MLP in english, and i don't think that I can see it in english near, furthermore, I haven't any brony friends and i would have to go alone. 

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I'll be going, but I wonder what will happen.

Maybe there'll be a scene involving a rockslide, which separates the other characters from Twilight, who they at first think is dead, but is saved by the new character. Just a thought.

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably go the theater or just wait for the torrent, it depends though.

The theater has that great feeling of dark, cramp, smelly...wait what?!

Or I'll watch it in the comfort of my own home (in the closet).

I'll probably be going to see the movie myself as I've got plenty of time to save up the cash for it so I can watch it at my local theater. I hope I am not disappointed by it when I watch it!

Will i go and see the Movie?

No, definitely not. Never. Not in a Million years.

I never go to a Cinema, i dont see the Point in it.  :confused:

I just buy it on Dvd and good is.

Just wondering,

When the movie comes out in 2017...will you go? Alone? Or with friends? Would you feel awkward if the theater was filled with girls? Would you make it to the premiere or go the next week or so?

For me,

I would try to go with my local brony group and I wouldn't care if the theater was filled with 7 yr old girls or kids, or their moms staring at me. Though I'm sure a few other bronies would go. I would try to make it to the premiere as well and Dash would come with me. :wub: I would go later in the day probably only because I like going to the theaters, its a good night thing to do.

I doubt the theater will be full of just girls but yes I'll be going

Definitely and most likely alone. If my little sister likes the show I could probably use her as an excuse so that people don't stare at me annoyingly. I wouldn't care either way.

You better believe it, I'll be especially excited if season 6 isn't very good, Meghan and Jayson are at the helm of this production, it's bound to be spectacular. I'm fortunate that I have a local friend who is not only into horses, but also has been apart of content creation along side me for the last 2 years in the fandom, so we'll certainly make a date out of it.

Edited by bamboozled321

It's the MLP: FIM movie. Of course I'm going to see it! I'll probably see it with a friend who's into ponies, as I would look weird sitting in with a bunch of adults and children watching it and do not wish to express my Brony self except in clothing and on the internet because I'm that guy.

I'm hoping to be able to work up the courage to go see it myself; but sadly I have to admit I'd feel a little self conscious going to see it since I live in a very conservative part of the rural south in a small town, and would rather not be seen by people who might recognize me going to see a little girls movie.

Kind of hoping the movie becomes a success because if there's a ton of adults going to see it I'll feel less self conscious about doing so.

Absolutely. I remember going to see Rainbow Rocks at the cinema and feeling a bit self-conscious about it, until I remembered that feeling any semblance of nervousness or embarrassment was pointless. I go to the cinema frequently and almost never with anyone, and I had been to see some movies that were decidedly targeted more towards female audiences before, including The Fault In Our Stars, Titanic during its 3D re-release, and Frozen, and quickly came to wonder why MLP should be any different. So I went to see it and it was great, and a year later, when it ended up getting a theatrical release in the UK, I went to see Friendship Games, and it was also great. I understand the fear of getting weird looks from others, but the truth is, it doesn't matter what any of them might think, nor is it any of their business. You're just there to see a movie that you want to see. When the movie finally does come out next year, I know I'm going to be there on opening night.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have anyone to go with, but I'll be there with my Fluttershy "yay" shirt on for sure.  Gotta be there to support the community.  Assuming the movie is available on demand, I plan to watch it at home before going to the theatre, so I can enjoy it properly the first time, without screaming brats waving strobe lights.  I'm not exaggerating, btw.  This was my experience seeing Cinderella in the theatre.

I'm sure my friend will be willing to see the movie with me. I'm not sure if I will still be with my current gf or not, but I'm sure she will go if I am. I did go to see Rainbow Rocks in theatre as that was the only MLP movie to play in theatres since I became a Brony. Alas, the only possible Bronies I could see other than my friend and I were two couples sitting in the front row and another guy who happened to be with them. We never interacted with them though as we didn't see them on the way out. On the other hand, even though it was mostly children and parents(primarily mothers), there was a pretty large group of little boys with who I would presume is the mother of one of them, so it definitely wasn't just little girls there.

I suppose that probably didn't help my friend and I look too much less awkward since we are well outside of the target age for that film, but we sat closer to the back. When we ran into an old classmate from high school on the way out we just pretended we went to see the new Spider Man movie that was playing at the time. Good times.:D I'd love to do that again but I doubt EQG will be playing in theatres again, so this movie may be my only other chance to see a MLP movie on the big screen.