Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you go to see the MLP Movie?

Ponies4Bronies

My brother's wedding may be on opening weekend of the movie, but I will still catch it on Sunday once my brother's big day is behind me on Saturday. Fate can be cruel, but I can handle it.

I am, without a doubt, going! I might be able to drag one of my little siblings to the movie theater with me, but most of them as embaressed to have a big brother that enjoys mlp! :please:

2 hours ago, Yash Jacob said:

I think I would buy the DVD instead of watching it in the movie theater. My Dad is a little dissapointed when it comes to stuff children watch, he would think I am weird.5991fe4d98e2b_MlpMovieTrailer..jpg.0e6d2f6d74be2b636ba07374b10f57fc.jpg

Still, it's something most parents shouldn't do anymore to their kids when they reach the age of majority!

When I go see this movie, I'd lie to my mother that I'll go see The Lego Ninjago Movie instead before setting foot near the ticket booth, then she probably won't notice that I saw this movie.

Edited by FirePuppy

3 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Anyone feel like they're gonna get that SpongeBob Movie vibe when they see this? :D

Not at all. I think I get an equestria girls vibe actually. :grin:

I was hesitant about it at first, but I came around to like the idea since ponies and mermaids are two of my favorite things: the movie will be them combined. Coincidentally, I just made plans with something to watch the movie together when it comes out. I'm afraid that I will not like it, but at the same time, I think it will be absolutely great. I'm still just not a fan of the style and the toys, but hey, that might come around too! :lol: 

I plan to go see it with some brony friends, but maybe not for the premiere. Then again, I don't anticipate this movie being in theaters for an especially long time due to its relatively low budget.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love to go, but I know I won't be able to. I'm a closet brony so I can't just ask my mum for money for a ticket. I don't know how I'm going to watch it at all actually, because if I bought/ rented the DVD somewhere I'd either manage to run in to someone I knew while buying it or failing that my mum would probably spot the DVD at home, since I don't have my own room- I share with one of my sisters, so I don't really have anywhere good to hide it.

I'm just going to hope that someone reacts to it on YouTube!

I'll very likely want to see the movie, just not in a theater. While going to the movie theater to see it would be the coolest experience, I don't actually want to let people know that I'm going to watch a pony movie. :D Also, the Finnish dub that is inevitably going to happen when the movie comes to the theaters here, isn't exactly tempting.

I'll probably wait until it's on Google Play or something. It's not that I'm embarrassed or anything, it'd just look weird being around a bunch of kids, since knowing my town, absolutely none of the other fans will come out and it'll just be all little ones.

6 hours ago, The Cerberus said:

No. I would love to and I also could go if I wanted, but the problem is that I live in Finland and the movie in theaters will be dubbed in Finnish. I hate Finnish dub and know that I won't enjoy the movie in Finnish. 

Same problem here. I think some Finnish dubs are OK, but I can't stand the one in MLP. They are using exactly the same voices as in the TV show, and they range from tolerable to simply awful (sadly the latter is the case more often). And I can't imagine watching the ponies voiced by anyone else but the original cast after seeing more than 150 episodes in English. By the way, it seems I was completely wrong when I posted this:

On 9.8.2017 at 2:51 AM, Tacodidra said:

I'm not quite sure yet. It would be great to see the ponies on the big screen, but there is one big problem for me. Most theaters in Finland will probably be showing a dubbed version, and I hate the Finnish dub of the show. I'm sure the few biggest cities will have the English version, but going there might be too much of a hassle. :(

I haven't found any information on the English version being shown in Finland at all! If so, this is an abysmal choice from the distributor, as almost every animated film has a subtitled version available in at least a few theaters! I guess I'll just be waiting for the DVD to come out. :unamused:

• Brohoof 2