Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming A sense of 'relation' in games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

This is something that might seem kinda weird but I will give it a go. Something that I love in video games, is seeing things that are 'relatable', things that you can look at and go "Oh yeah, that is in real life! I know that!" Like seeing a billboard for a real product or even just seeing an interstate that looks vaguely like one near me. I know it will seem strange, but this is something that really makes me happy. It hits my pleasure centers in mah brain, so to speak. This is why I am not against product placement in games, unless it is somehow uber preachy. I am autistic and I have numerous strange quirks like that, but I want to ask, is anyone else like this? This is also why I love good simulator games like Train simulator and whatnot. :3

Yeah, I know, I am really odd. That's just Kyoshi for ya. XD

• Brohoof 3

I love when this happens. In Shin Megami Tensei IV the dungeons all feel like real places. You walk down a street and see the stop lights, all the shops around you and you can even see the famous statue of Hachiko in Shibuya. (The game takes place in a sort of post-apocalyptic Japan so it's kinda cool to see entire city blocks still intact)

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...