Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Longest play session of a SINGLE game!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Only one that I remember is playing Rock Band 2 for 6 hours straight to complete the Endless Setlist and get the achievement for never pausing through the entire thing.

I didn't actually play the entire time, because you can have the AI drive while you give directions (or turn the TV off :P), but I once tried the Nurburgring 24 hour race in Gran Turismo 4. That was... interesting.

Apart from that, I've played a few different games, like Super Mario World, for 6-7 hours on occasion. As well as an entire run of Ace Combat 04 in one sitting, which I believe took about 7 hours IIRC.

26 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I didn't actually play the entire time, because you can have the AI drive while you give directions (or turn the TV off :P), but I once tried the Nurburgring 24 hour race in Gran Turismo 4. That was... interesting.

Apart from that, I've played a few different games, like Super Mario World, for 6-7 hours on occasion. As well as an entire run of Ace Combat 04 in one sitting, which I believe took about 7 hours IIRC.

I've done a few endurance series races on project cars like that but one day when I was about 11 years old, I decided I'd do a 500 lap race on a track on ATV Off-road Fury on the ps2. 8 hours later I saw why that was a bad idea. Close second is the Christmas that I got Sprint Cars 2 for the ps2. Not sure how long I played it but i did 5 full seasons on career mode.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cyclone 1066 said:

one day when I was about 11 years old, I decided I'd do a 500 lap race on a track on ATV Off-road Fury on the ps2

Now that I think of it... I think I played ATV Off-road Fury 2 for 8 hours straight a couple of times. Occasionally I would play the practice mode for a while, which lets you race for an indefinite amount of laps.

Yeah, that's the game that I have the most hours logged out of any game. Somewhere in the 6-700 hour range last I checked. It's also the game that I have been playing the longest. Started when I was 6. One night I finished lap 101 at 1:01am and decided that was a sign to quit and go to bed.

• Brohoof 1

Many years ago, I decided to play all the way through Super Mario Bros. 3--the NES version--without using any warp whistles. It took me the entire day to get through it on account that I was young so my video gaming skills weren't as good as they are today.

• Brohoof 3

I think my longest gaming session was playing Sid Meier's Civilization V when the expansion Brave New World came out. I had a bad case of "One more turn" and soon I had been playing most of the day! Probably around 10-12 hours or something!

78 hours of Mount & Blade instead of studying for finals, ended up in some caffeine laced coma for a week after yet still passed the exams. Beats me how, but I haven't touched the game since. Think I maybe logged a dozen hours in Warband, if that.

I'm both excited and terrified about Bannerlord coming out :lol:

Keep in mind that back in my day, passwords and game saves were rare. Sometimes you had to play through. Looking at NES playthroughs, most of those games were less than 1 hour but we would play for hours.

One time, my brother and I were playing Pilot Wings on SNES Friday afternoon. I looked out the window and said, "hey, it's still daylight outside." It wasn't Friday anymore.

I used to play the original Doom for hours on end. Pool of Radiance on DOS was another. I don't remember what the longest session was.

Team Fortress 2 for over 24 hours when i first got the game. Was somehow not discouraged by getting killed over and over again.

definitely couldn't do that nowadays. i've racked up over 2,400+ hours on it and it's meh at most to me now

The longest one that I know how long it was was a playthrough of Super Metroid, took me about 8 hours. (started at 10pm on a Sunday night when I had class at 7 the next morning :muffins:)

I've also played Final Fantasy 10 for far longer in a single sitting, probably somewhere in the 12-16 hour range.

• Brohoof 2

Oh man that's a good question. I remember playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for ~8 hours or so straight when I was younger. It's certainly possible that I have a longer session than that however :huh:

A few weeks ago played Stellaris for well over 10 hours straight, simply because I fell in love with that game. I'd only bought it a few days before but it just hooked me from day one, and it still does.

I played Fire Emblem: Awakening for 4 straight hours without a break. I can't really play video games for longer than that since I get headaches. Anyways, I played that game for 16 hours in a day, twice. I really didn't do anything else except play or sleep. I don't do that unhealthy stuff anymore.

I remember playing a Wii game for an entire night but i cant get the exact hours, also i played danganronpa for a while but i don't think steam lets you check how many hours you played in just that one session.