Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Leonardo DiCaprio finally wins an Oscar

Jonny Music

Excuse me a second, I gotta check to see if there are any flying pigs or hell freezing over going on near by

No but seriously, its about time he got one lol. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

I'm so glad that I taped the Oscars last night and successfully avoided all spoilers, and then went on MLP Forums before watching!

The title should have been more clickbait-y: "You won't believe who won an Oscar!"

• Brohoof 2

Aside from Leo finally getting an Oscar. I'm surprised that Mad Max got 6! It's mostly the technical stuff, but still! Even it got meme-d by Louis C.K. who jokingly announced Mad Max to be the winner of live action short film.

• Brohoof 1

Well it was about time. I thought Michael Fassbender did a better performance but oh well Dicaprio was pretty good as well I suppose.

Leo's speech was pretty good as well!

More importantly I think we should celebrate that Ennio Morricone FINALLY got his Oscar for best original score. I am SPEECHLESS for the fact that he made so much amazing movie music for so many amazing films but never had a single Oscar.

If you don't know who he is, he made music for films like: Inglourious Basterds, Salò, The Great Silence, Kill Bill, Django, A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, Once Upon a Time in America, Once Upon a Time in The West, Duck, You Sucker!, The Thing, Wolf, The Hateful Eight and of course the famous theme for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

How come nobody is talking about this?

Louis C.K. jokingly announced Mad Max to be the winner of live action short film.

Wasn't it Documentary Short?

Oh and I also thought that When Marnie Was There should have won for Best Animated Feature instead of Inside Out but I already knew they would go for the Disney film :v

• Brohoof 2

I actually wasn't aware of the memes or the fact that he never won an Oscar until my boyfriend told me. I am like, 'Whaaaa?' I am shocked that it took this long for him to receive such an award. From what I have seen, the guy is a damn good actor and has been in so many films that have received critical praise. 

Well, congrats, finally. XD 

• Brohoof 1

I actually watched the Oscars from start to end and I got so excited when he was called up for that award. I think that Leonardo DiCaprio is a spectacular actor and that Oscar was well-deserved.

:grin2:

• Brohoof 1

I actually watched the Oscars from start to end and I got so excited when he was called up for that award. I think that Leonardo DiCaprio is a spectacular actor and that Oscar was well-deserved.

:grin2:

Not watching the Oscars should be illegal. I stayed up to 7:30 am just to watch it haha :P

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good for him. 

It only took him to be mauled by a bear, stabbed, shot, swim through frozen water, breaking his leg, etc. Lucky for him it was a movie and he was playing as a character.

But damn he was great in The Revenant one of his best movies IMO.

• Brohoof 1