Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your dream job?

AtomicStone

My dream job would to become a good artist, animator and cartoonist. I want to make western and anime toons. The next thing I'd do is hopefully... if it's possible for my dream to come true, I would want to make the next generation of MLP see it become just as good as Lauren Faust generation of MLP, but I know I'll have to work for that dream job to become a reality.

A game designing job has been my dream job for my entire life. Not sure which aspect of the game I would exclusively look upon, but right now I'm leaning towards the "Ideas Guy", Writer, or maybe even Playtester. Some fantasy of mine is to one day be the lead designer of an MMO like Sword Art Online. Making virtual reality technology like in that anime is 100% possible as far as our current technological state is concerned.

I may have to look into other aspects of game design, though... *signs up for Programming & Media Arts classes just in case*

Have you heard of Extra Credits? They're a channel based around video games and they have great advice for people looking to get into the industry. I, at one point, was interested, but alas I have not the dedication for such a career.

• Brohoof 1

I dont know if it counts as a job, but I want to be a stay at home mom. You know, do all the housework, take care of the kids and all my animals, have a garden, etc etc.. It just sounds so perfect!

For a real job, i'd have to say a wildlife rehabilitator. Nursing animals back to health would make me so happy, and to see them get to be free would make me cry!

• Brohoof 1

I want to be a video editor for a major movie company.

I'm already considered an expert in the area and I am majoring in cinema arts, and I have hopes of making it far with that. 

Still not quite sure, but I would love to work with babies/small children. I was thinking a pediatrician or neonatal nurse, but those are very emotionally taxing jobs and I wouldn't be able to give  a baby a shot DX.

Possibly a Child psychologist/ infant photographer  :wub:

But idk.

To work on new R&D computer projects. Technology is our gift as a species, and as a total nerd i wish to be at the front one day, seeing this gift used with finess to achieve awesome results.

Well, I'm aiming for teaching music history, but that isn't my dream. It's just the career I'm going for (don't think there is no passion there, I love music history, read it for fun and everything). In reality, my dream is to become a professional-level musician, play in ensembles that are not community (more classical), and record stuff (for fun).

A year ago you wouldn't have gotten any of this from me... I'm happy to be alive again.

Professional cultural critic. Basically a philosopher/sociologist but with my focus directed primarily on the subject of changing societal norms and my views on the ethical, political and aesthetic changes occurring.

Something that I can do from home, in my pyjamas, while drinking, for a six-figure salary.

Have the first three figured out, working on it producing the last.

My fantasy dream job would be to design and build luxury log & timber frame homes. Extra emphasis on "fantasy" because I'm no where near smart enough to be an architect. Never the less, their design and architecture has always fascinated me. Not to mention that they are simply gorgeous.

• Brohoof 1

I've been through a few dreams I have sought to achieve but not worked out and moved on. The one I have finally settled on, feels the most possible to actually accomplish and the one I would probably enjoy the most, as I've told a few members here already I am working on becoming and entrepreneur and opening my own pub.

• Brohoof 2

To work with rescuing and taking care of animals. Work at an animal shelter or something.

Either that or I would like to work in a cute little café on a cute little island, in a cute little village with cute people.

To play in a Thrash Metal band, I already have a huge passion for Heavy Metal music (Metallica and Megadeth are my 2 favorites) but it would've been a lot easier in the 80's when people actually cared about musicianship and a lot more people could appreciate metal because i'm gonna be honest, people really don't care as much about musicianship and metal as they used to, the most popular metal today is Slipknot and every deathcore band ever, which i'm just not fond of, to be honest I could go on an all about this.