Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your dream job?

AtomicStone

A successful military leader, warrior and hero. :okiedokieloki:

Leader? Go for it!

Warrior? Signing up is pretty easy.

Hero?  Uh...that label (when self-appointed) tends to come with a short life expectancy.

Leader? Go for it!

Warrior? Signing up is pretty easy.

Hero?  Uh...that label (when self-appointed) tends to come with a short life expectancy.

Can't be a leader if nobody listens.

Attempted to sign up twice. Got denied both times. (Don't know what country you're in, but Australia's military has an assessment period before recruitment)

"Hero" is a label designated by the community. Hence it is pretty much saying "I am accepted, wanted and greatly valued by my community". And yes, but would you rather an immortal life of empty, pointless and meaningless existence or a short one that made a huge difference?

Editor. As much as I love writing my own stories, I'm not that good at it; on the other hoof, when I read through the work of others - no matter how good or bad it is - I can ALWAYS improve it.

My Bf's Mom's job, she cares for the horses at a place that does therapeutic horseback riding lessons for autistic kids, n she also gives the kids lessons, unfortunately she gets paid pocket change because they're a non-profit.

Edited by Honeysuckle

Can't be a leader if nobody listens.

Attempted to sign up twice. Got denied both times. (Don't know what country you're in, but Australia's military has an assessment period before recruitment)

"Hero" is a label designated by the community. Hence it is pretty much saying "I am accepted, wanted and greatly valued by my community". And yes, but would you rather an immortal life of empty, pointless and meaningless existence or a short one that made a huge difference?

If it isn't too personal, could you tell us why you were denied?  And is there anything stopping you from trying again?  I mean, I've been rejected plenty of times for plenty of jobs, but the real question is how tenacious you are, and how determined/clever you are at finding new ways to get where you want to be.

If it isn't too personal, could you tell us why you were denied?  And is there anything stopping you from trying again?  I mean, I've been rejected plenty of times for plenty of jobs, but the real question is how tenacious you are, and how determined/clever you are at finding new ways to get where you want to be.

I've applied twice (with a mandatory seven year waiting period in between applications).

The psychology examiner seems to think I wouldn't easily bond with my squad mates. Based on a ten minute interview. *shrug*

It's not too personal anymore. I was angry about it but I've moved on.

Also applied for police, also didn't get in.

But enough about me, how was you're day.  :orly:

I used to want to be a professional Baseball player, but the area I grew up in wasn't very well known to major league scouts.

So I'm studying to be a business analyst.

• 5 weeks later...

Doing nothing would be the best job in my opinion, jesus christ, being free all the time while making a decent amount of money would be perfect. But that of course will never be the case, sadly. So yeah, my dream job is something that can never become a reality.

SCUBA Instructor in the Maldives or Bora Bora. My friend did it for many years and absolutely loved it. Spent his free time drinking beer on the beach and hitting on female Spring Breakers. Barely pays anything but everything was provided! Sounds like my kind of job!

• 2 years later...